Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm very happy Storm is finally getting this push and I'm excited for this. My only thing is that they're advertising the book as part of the X-Line and already there's mention of the Avengers as supporting characters. So is this an X-Book or an Avengers family book? Because if it's the latter, that will make my interest drop from a cliff.
    Ayodele is teasing a Storm/Jean team-up, plus there's mention of Frenzy in the press release, so I'm a bit more engaged! Excited for this.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Question: does she have any particular connection to Atlanta? It seems a bit random to me. It would have felt fresher if she was based in Egypt or Kenya.
    I hate when the plot is: “mutants have split across the globe”, but then everyone shown is still in the US lol.
    None no connection whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Question: does she have any particular connection to Atlanta? It seems a bit random to me. It would have felt fresher if she was based in Egypt or Kenya.
    I hate when the plot is: “mutants have split across the globe”, but then everyone shown is still in the US lol.
    None that I know of so I'm just gonna assume that's where Craig from NASA is from until we get an answer.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm very happy Storm is finally getting this push and I'm excited for this. My only thing is that they're advertising the book as part of the X-Line and already there's mention of the Avengers as supporting characters. So is this an X-Book or an Avengers family book? Because if it's the latter, that will make my interest drop from a cliff.
    From the writer himself:
    https://twitter.com/ayodelemurewa/st...81432754212959

"Storm interacts with mutants, X-Men, Avengers, Sorcerers, Cosmic Entities, Emperors..."

This will be her interacting with the entire Marvel Universe. I mean the entire point of the solo is to make her stand on her own and to get her out of the box. So if she is dealing with sorcery or cosmic entities for example the chances are good that someone like Thor, Scarlet Witch or Dr. Strange will make an appearance since those are the experts in those fields. If that's the kind of thing that rubs you the wrong way then I really have no idea how you expect a solo book to work.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    None that I know of so I'm just gonna assume that's where Craig from NASA is from until we get an answer.
    Exact same thought I had.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

OMG so excited. And Frenzy guest starring?! Our gal is glowing up. <3

Love the hair. Don't love the costume. Still better than her look in Marvel Rivals though.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    From the writer himself:

"Storm interacts with mutants, X-Men, Avengers, Sorcerers, Cosmic Entities, Emperors..."

This will be her interacting with the entire Marvel Universe. I mean the entire point of the solo is to make her stand on her own and to get her out of the box. So if she is dealing with sorcery or cosmic entities for example the chances are good that someone like Thor, Scarlet Witch or Dr. Strange will make an appearance since those are the experts in those fields. If that's the kind of thing that rubs you the wrong way then I really have no idea how you expect a solo book to work.
    This is most promising. I hope she learns magic from oshtur

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I am happy for fans who are looking forward to the series, and I do hope it is successful, the character deserves that. It just reminds me of the Decimation era, and I don’t really care for X-Men solos because to me removing these characters from the context of the X-Men and the mutant story just makes them feel like any other generic superhero, and that doesn’t interest me.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    He wrote the I Am Iron Man mini that came out last year, it was pretty good.
    Oh yeah I Am Iron Man was really baller

Some creative stories, a great voice for Tony, and nice knowledge of his history. If Ayodele brings that level of creativity to Storm this could be really great.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-lucas-werneck

Earlier this week, Marvel proudly announced that Storm, one of comic books’ most iconic super heroes, will be joining the Avengers this August! It’s the first step in what promises to be a renaissance for the beloved character, as Marvel will also be launching an all-new STORM solo ongoing series in October!

Set in the X-Men’s highly anticipated From the Ashes era, STORM will be brought to life by Murewa Ayodele, the acclaimed writer behind Akogun: Brutalizer of Gods, who made his Marvel debut last year with MOON KNIGHT: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD and I AM IRON MAN, and Lucas Werneck, the superstar artist known for his work on recent X-Men epics like IMMORTAL X-MEN and SINS OF SINISTER. Werneck also designed a stunning new costume for Storm’s exciting new venture into solo storytelling!

Storm has always been a prime protector of the planet. With the loss of Krakoa, that position becomes more important to her than ever. From her new super hero headquarters, Storm begins making decisions that will forecast the future of the Marvel Universe. Her bold actions will stir forces around and even beyond Earth, calling forth enemies that match her strength and determination.

Storm has never needed a throne to rule the skies. Now, watch in awe as this new series elevates her to the heights that only she can reach!

Ororo Munroe has lived many lives. She’s been a thief, a goddess, an X-Man, a queen, and now… an Avenger! She is the most prominent, most respected and most powerful mutant on the world stage—and in that role, she intends to be a force for positive change.

First up: a major meltdown at a nuclear facility in Oklahoma City draws Storm from her Sanctuary in Atlanta—and into a moral conflict that will test her iron resolve! As one of the year’s biggest launches, it’ll be packed with guest stars including Storm’s fellow Avengers, X-Factor’s Frenzy, and more!

On the challenges Storm will face, Ayodele said, "As a fan of Storm, her duties to the X-Men, and what she stands for in various real-world communities, I would like to assure the audience that Storm is in danger. Extremely so. We love Ororo Munroe, and that is why we have crafted a thrilling story that will put the strength of her character on wide-open display."

"But when you’re an Omega-level mutant, few things can test your limits, and even fewer things can shatter those limits," he continued. "For our STORM series, one thing we would like fans to remember is that there are threats that are beyond Omega. Prepare yourselves for an extraordinary display of superheroism that leaves knuckles bloody, knees bashed in, and mountains cratered."

"We are building towards gargantuan conflicts that will shake the universe from Planet Earth to the Dimension of Manifestations," he explained. "We are crafting stories filled to the brim with humanity, love, mystery, adventure, heartbreak, and all-out action."

"Tom Brevoort, the editor behind Marvel’s most universe-shattering events, Lucas Werneck, the incredible artist known for his genius-level attention to design and character work, and I are cooking with supernovas on this series. So join us on this journey that promises to be exciting till the bitter-sweet end. Get ready for an ETERNAL STORM," he added.

"I still can't believe that Marvel gave me this gift," Werneck added. "Storm is a character that I love, and I have so much respect for what this character represents to people. We’re working with so much love and devotion on this project, and I hope that fans enjoy it as much as we're enjoying making it."

Drawn by acclaimed artist Mateus Manhanini, the series’ covers will be just as breathtaking as Storm’s feats! Check out his debut issue cover now along with Werneck’s original design sheet for Storm’s new costume, and be there when the clouds part on STORM’s new era this October.

The costume... The Lucus Werneck... The Synopsis. It's beautiful beyond words. I don't see Butterflykyss here so I assume they fainted lol!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I think the costume would look better if the gold border of the cape went down into the X instead across the top of it. I do like it over all though. We at least know the book will be pretty. The covers will be STUNNING if the first issue is any indication. I dont know anything about the writer at all, but he gives a good press release and makes it sound like we are in for a real treat. One of the things I always felt was missing in most of Storm's series has been a sense of urgency and active drama. We've gotten melodrama, but never really danger either in the writing or the art...one piece was always missing for me. This sounds like there will be some of both going on and I very much look forward to it.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    From the writer himself:

YESS a million timess

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh yeah I Am Iron Man was really baller

Some creative stories, a great voice for Tony, and nice knowledge of his history. If Ayodele brings that level of creativity to Storm this could be really great.
    Yeah, that's what I liked about it - it was clearly the work of someone who knew the history and continuity of the character but wasn't just doing the same old stuff with him, felt like a fresh new voice so I'm glad to see him getting a big opportunity like this.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...my initial thoughts.

Murewa Ayodele for writing but not Dotun Akande for the art. That's disappointing.

Though not a fan, I can see why they went with Werneck...his work is pretty, when it isn't rushed. If nothing else Storm will be model-stunning. Enh. Maybe he'll pull a Vecchio and bring something new with more dimension and gravitas to his work.

As for the design of her new costume I was hoping for...something more...than just a revamp of her XM:Red outfit with a cape. Granted, it's her classic iconic split cape but still...there are some design tweeks that would have made this a much better design. The boots are FABULUSH, though. I love that they're keeping her upswept curly hair but also love the loose, open and curly option in the art specs I hope to see more of that look. The short pixie curt is also gorgeous.

I wonder why Atlanta? Not that that's an issue...it's just an interesting choice of home base. Maybe that's where Craig Marshall lives and she wants to be with her man?

From the premise I love that right out the gate she's doing her hero thing but also fully engaging with the other supers in the wider world. That's as it should be considering her role as Mutant Ambassador. She needs to start making those connections early. Sounds like Murewa is planning to really pile on the trials and I'm good with that. Storm needs that level of engagement because she's strong enough to handle and deal with it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!