Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fall of the House of X #5 preview

Can't wait for this to be over. At least Lorna looks great.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Can't wait for this to be over. At least Lorna looks great.
    That's probably my favorite Lorna look ever, it encapsulates everything great about the character and her legacy while also being familiar. In a lot of ways it reminds me of Betsy Disassembled look, not because their similar but because each imo hyper focuses on the best parts of Betsy and Lorna.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Can't wait for this to be over.
    Same. It's been a slow painful death. Shameful.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Am I the only one feeling that the fight against Orchis is happening off-panel?

Like, we can see action on these pages, but it looks like a glimpse of the global event that the story promised but didn't show.

It's hard to explain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Am I the only one feeling that the fight against Orchis is happening off-panel?

Like, we can see action on these pages, but it looks like a glimpse of the global event that the story promised but didn't show.

It's hard to explain.
    It is like this is written as the main book in an event where all of these things sprinkled in are actually shown in some other 3-issue mini series, but we don't have any minis so it squishes in more scenes making everything jumping all over.

Beautiful! No more deaths, please...
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Hope all the orchis goons suffer.

But suffer deadly and cruelly.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is like this is written as the main book in an event where all of these things sprinkled in are actually shown in some other 3-issue mini series, but we don't have any minis so it squishes in more scenes making everything jumping all over.
    In my opinion Fall of X should have just been a straight forward event from the start instead of this year long status quo.

What a mess.

When I first read HoX/PoX, I craved for the eventual fight of the X-Men against Nimrod. Now that it's here, I feel total indifference. To say Fall of X has been underwhelming would be an understatement.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

I honestly echoed a lot of people's sentiments in this thread. This is really ending with a whimper instead of a bang. It's pretty obvious that marvel wants to quickly get past the Krakoan era so they can soft relaunch the X-Men for the movies.

Not going to lie It is pretty sad to see all of the potential of HoX/PoX being walked back are just completely wasted. I would be lying if I said my excitement for the future Xbooks where as high as they were when this era began.
    Last edited by loke13; 05-16-2024 at 02:05 PM.

This "era" is ending simply because of executives and editorial and its so grossly mishandled I have just lost interest. They are basically just telling us its over. No actual action or character work. The only one sort wrapping stuff up is KG and the Hope plot (his own plot from ages ago) and the Dominion storyline. More often the X-Men are becoming products for money and not meaningful art.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

In glad it's ending. And Synch powers shouldnt work like that he cant just summon Sunfires powers Shiro isnt there. And on Lorna outfit i actually favor her XFactor one of the 90's personally. So i guessing they will destroy Orchis and Nimrob leaving Enigma for POX
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-16-2024 at 09:01 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Gillen should have had Werneck on X-Men Forever instead of him being wasted on Gerry Duggan's awful swan song. They could have given Duggan any old generic artist for the writing quality we got. I can't wait for it to all be over, and I am praying Synch makes it out of Fall of X alive. Even though he is likely not going to be used in the next era, I would want him to stay around in case other writers ever want to use the character.

Truth be told the Krakoan era was a bust the moment Hickman left...actually you could tell it was going to tank during X of Swords. People tried to hang on, but most people noped out shortly after that.

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    And Synch powers should work like that he cant just summon Sunfires powers Shiro isnt there.
    He can actually, he just ages when he Synch's someone who isn't there. Depending on how far the person is, he ages more or less. Maybe Sunfire is in the final battle?