Page 155 of 176 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2633
    Incredible Member

Stefano Caselli Is killing it with those pencils on UBP. He’s been a favorite artist of mine since that first issue of Hack/Slash he pencilled ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait what, did he actually say that?
    Oh yeah, Coates was wilding. He said all types of stupid isht, and we paid for it dearly

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Cotdam something BETTER happen. But can I just say that I am honestly truly digging Okoye as T'Challas LI and I would really hate if that gets Torpedoed by her being the traitor or some ole T'Challa choosing Storm bullisht

Eh atleast T'Challa looking swole AF. Hopefully no more pencil Panther in The 616

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Didn't T'Challa develop potential cures for vampirism during Aaron's vampire arc in the Avengers? I remember he had a bunch of them installed in his suit and tried to cure that Japanese vampire.
    He'd be an unprepared fool not to have since he has the responsibility of protecting all of the citizens of his Nation (and the world by extention) from any potential threats he can conceive.

And now look at him. An unprepared fool headed to snack on his citizens all because Coates and crew hated his lack of incompetency. Meanwhile, Dr Doom looking as competent and white as ever protecting his people but no one seems to have a problem with that.

That's my biggest gripe with coats and crew. He had a problem with this being a black male power fantasy in a world of power fantasies.
    I'd certainly call Storm a black female (and gay male) power fantasy right now with all the things she's accomplishing. Does anyone have a problem with that? No, because they shouldn't. And Coates never should have had a problem with T'Challa being just as capable as Doctor Doom.

Calling him an emperor after his slave lashings is not enough.

This ship isn't correctable without an overhaul of nearly everything from the last three runs.
    Which isnt likey without an overhaul of the ppl editing and hiring on his book.
    I won't call Coates run a failure in terms of sales but the two ideological follow-ups to his introduced themes have been.

How can an editor decide staying the course for a third attempt would be succesful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Cotdam something BETTER happen. But can I just say that I am honestly truly digging Okoye as T'Challas LI and I would really hate if that gets Torpedoed by her being the traitor or some ole T'Challa choosing Storm bullisht
    I’m really expecting the traitor to be her or Shuri. Part of me wants it to be Shuri, lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    This book needs to start giving and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I’m gonna need this issue to deliver on some action
    I’m not betting on it. Sounds like more talking and lecturing T’Challa. Going by solicits there likely won’t be any action from T’Challa until issue 6 since the solicit for 5 mentions T’Challa going on a spiritual journey Killmonger and Storm will likely be getting some in #5

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This book needs to start giving and fast.
    Y’all say that yet it’s still selling.
    Last edited by Dariel81; 05-16-2024 at 03:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Your point???

Sooner or later it won't.

That is why folks are saying it needs to get a move on.

Because there is too much other stuff COMING that is going to make folks choose between this book or another one.

X-Men relaunch is going to take a BITE out of a lot books.

Absolute at DC will too.

TMNT relaunch as well.

When you get too bogged down with political drama that you forget you're writing a Superhero comic.
    T'Challa looks more bead-y and top heavy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’m really expecting the traitor to be her or Shuri. Part of me wants it to be Shuri, lol
    Same. Honestly at this point and time I really hate Shuris character. Everything thing she has that is making Marvel push her and make her seem relevant was taken from T'Challa because a lack of creativity on the MCU side and a failure to clearly establish differences between her and T'Challa in her inception. Shuri had been the biggest and worst leech and it's beyond old
    Everything about

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I don't want the book to fail. Not at all.

I'm happy for everyone enjoying this but if it doesn't start giving fast, I'm not going be continuing with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orogene80 View Post
    The solicit for Storm's new solo has been released and based off this tweet from the writer its like a 99% chance T'Challa shows up. Attachment 139564

Mixed feelings on this:
    1. Post-Hudlin, T'Challa historically always gets the short-end of the stick in their interactions. T'Challa's always wrong, even when Storm is wrong (*cough* X of Swords).
    2. Never read anything from this writer, and I'm always weary about these newer-ish writers when it comes to T'Challa because they often take the idea of "T'Challa's so cool and machismo" for granted and decide to do some bullshit.

Now on the other hand, this allows for the dynamic between Storm and T'Challa (romantic or otherwise) to not be so asymmetric, where it's always Storm coming into his books, lecturing and saving him. Maybe (very small maybe) the writer decides to do the reverse, where T'Challa is allowed to come into her run and be of service, "save the day" one time.

I also imagine this means we're gonna see some more of the Intergalactic Empire.

Storm is also with Craig
    Give Coates a Storm solo