Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Not a bad creative team. Though I am tired of the fashion designers with their paper dolls (Werneck, Dauterman), I do think Werneck can produce solid work if given the time. People shouldn't judge Lucas Werneck on the craptastic Fall of X work. The entire event was a poorly planned, poorly conceived, rushed mess, and I imagine it was just as chaotic working in that office with that leadership and under an awful writer to boot.

This could be a decent miniseries. I don't see this lasting past ten issues unfortunately, as Storm has never been able to carry a solo title in the past. Also, heavy handed social messaging could make the title drop like a stone. Hope the writer can stay on topic, which is Storm dealing with the fallout from Fall of X.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

OK first of all, I really like the new costume, hair and giant lightning bolt. Lucas Werneck has turned in pretty rough artwork in Fall of the House of X but most of his Immortal X-Men has been really strong - and it's guaranteed Ororo will look impeccable on every page. It was definitely a good call to move him from a team book to a solo where he will hopefully be able to thrive.

I'm not familiar at all with the writer but they're certainly saying very interesting things, so I guess I shall wait and see on that.

Oh and Storm drawn by Werneck and Schiti going forward? Are we eating or what?!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I wish Schiti had designed her new costume instead of Werneck, his SWORD costumes and designs in GODS were gorgeous.

I do think it's kind of funny that Werneck has done a few Storm fan designs over the years that were better than this one, but were also a lot more intricate and when he knows he has to draw the costume in the interiors he comes up with a look that's much more simple. The thing that's bugging me most is the ruby being on the neckpiece instead of on the cape lining.

I had no intention of following this series but the synopsis, cover and costume has me hyper for this series now.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yall!!!!! I remember saying I was excited about Tom Breevort becoming editor because he allowed Ta-Nehisi Coates to canonize her as a true goddess. Now we are seeing Murewa embrace her godhead and say she will be something more!!!! I am so thankful in this moment because I have ever wanted for the character is finally coming true!!!! I'm absolutely ecstatic!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Question: does she have any particular connection to Atlanta? It seems a bit random to me. It would have felt fresher if she was based in Egypt or Kenya.
    I hate when the plot is: “mutants have split across the globe”, but then everyone shown is still in the US lol.
    Yeah, it’s very silly that it’s all in the USA. It’s even sillier than in FoX when it was all USA except for the one Canada book.

Especially when you consider how, except for Alaska, the books are all still very much in the East half of the USA.

This looks and sounds so good! Her new costume is perfection.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wouldn’t exactly say 470 miles away is “right up the road” from New Orleans…
    You have to drive basically diagonally through Alabama to get there. And alabama never, ever ends

This news has me excited. I really hope that Marvel can really deliver with this series.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    For someone who can fly at half-lightspeed, its right up the road. That said, I don't expect a lot of crossover in these books, but who knows.
    Half the speed of light? I call bs on that one.
    The comic seems like it has an entertaining premise…if the writers show her humanity then I believe the comic may have a chance. But if it’s more Ewing…Ororo is infallible all hail the great noble entity that is Storm…then it may go eight issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    Half the speed of light? I call bs on that one.
    The comic seems like it has an entertaining premise…if the writers show her humanity then I believe the comic may have a chance. But if it’s more Ewing…Ororo is infallible all hail the great noble entity that is Storm…then it may go eight issues.
    In regards to the bold: what would writers showing Storm's "humanity" look like to you?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So she’s in Atlanta, right up the road from Rogue, Remy, Logan, Kurt and Jubilee in New Orleans. Cool.
    Ro' won't turn her back on her family. Whenever they need her, you know that she will show up. And you know that it will go just the same way with them. I don't expect any immediate team ups right away, but I would not be shocked to see some characters dropping by from time to time.

ATL is cool. I would have preferred she stay in Harlem, but her being in the South sounds like it might be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    In regards to the bold: what would writers showing Storm's "humanity" look like to you?
    I guess I was trying to be nice and not complain that Storm has been portrayed as an infallible goddess who does no wrong and is practically worshipped by the mutants around her.
    First step maybe not telling everyone that she is a goddess may help. She went from saying Goddess in the golden years to proclaiming that she was one.
    That is incredibly boring to me…and I am sure others.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I guess I was trying to be nice and not complain that Storm has been portrayed as an infallible goddess who does no wrong and is practically worshipped by the mutants around her.
    First step maybe not telling everyone that she is a goddess may help. She went from saying Goddess in the golden years to proclaiming that she was one.
    That is incredibly boring to me…and I am sure others.
    Well she is a goddess so..