Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Not surprising in the least especially with how after Madame Webb they talked about having to retool it. I’m surprised that Noire series that doesn’t even star Peter Parker is still happening.

Change the show so it doesn't so heavily focus of Silk?

How do people with these kinds of requests end up in charge of a show?

The execs asked for Silk, but what they really wanted was Silk Stalkings
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Sad and not surprise that it got cancelled because of Madam Web, hope it could survive.

The Hollywood Reporter says that Sony plans to shop the series to other buyers. I hope it gets picked up but I'm not holding my breath.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Kinda glad it got canned after that strange comment where they said they were changing it to be more specifically for men to watch. Idk what they meant by that but there was probably gonna be some objectification lol

They should just give up on the live action material. Isn't Venom the only non-Spider-Man Marvel movie they've done that's actually considered a success?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They should just give up on the live action material. Isn't Venom the only non-Spider-Man Marvel movie they've done that's actually considered a success?
    The SFX for a live-action Spider show has to be prohibitive. I can see Noir working out by keeping it to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Apparently, the shows are being helmed by a different division than the ones doing the Sony spin-offs.

Also, the Noir show has the directors of the Spider-Verse attached to the project.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I was at first optimistic for Silk. However, we all may have just been spared a half-arsed disaster.
    Morbius was meh, Madame Web was bad and Kraven doesn't look great either so if any execs from those were going to have input on Silk it is just best to let Cindy have a great moment in another project. Lets not have her mimic Cassandra Cain's horrid live action debut, I'm still bummed about that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Oh yeah, Birds of Prey. That was definitely an In Name Only adaptation. Hopefully Cass will get an accurate one in the upcoming DC movies reboot, we know Damian is Robin in the new Batman film, so Dick and Babs are probably Nightwing and Oracle, meaning Batgirl would be free for Cass.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I can't say I'm surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Change the show so it doesn't so heavily focus of Silk?

How do people with these kinds of requests end up in charge of a show?
    We're talking about Sony here.

There's something very misogynist feeling about executives wanting to feature Silk LESS in her own series....

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Sony needs to sit down and come up with a concise plan on what they want any of these Spider-Man spin-off movies and shows to carry off. Even if the main goal is to keep the Spidey trademarks going, it does not mean that can't make a serious attempt to tell a sincere connected narrative that tells exciting quality stories. Silk can definitely work. The character has been out for a decade now. I want to see a movie or show with her in it. But only if it is done right. Neither Morbius or Madame Web did any of their characters any favors with the bad writing on display. I don't want a Silk version like any of those.