Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Didn't the Eternals start in their own universe, and were migrated to the main one afterwards?
    Not exactly. Kirby wrote it as if it took place in its own universe, but when later writers took the characters on, they had them interact with characters in the Marvel Universe. So nobody in-story actually migrated.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

No not at all.

I think they should come around every once in a while with a high concept epic and well written story and then fade back to the backline for a time.

They need to treat the inhumans like a premier book before they expect the audience too.

They are a royal family. This can be the game of theones of marvel easily if they committed. Make the characters a little more morally dubious but in ways that makes sense.

No, you don't need to sell the Inhumans. The characters are fine and some of the books that came during their push were excellent (especially Ahmed's Black Bolt). The problem was Marvel went way too big too quickly and marketed them in a horrible way that immediately turned people against them.

You can try again, just do a single book with a unique hook and don't purposefully try to start beef with a bigger fanbase this time.

They don't need the money. They don't want more superhero projects competing with the MCU. If it bombs, it hurts Marvel's brand. If it's a hit, it makes Marvel look dumb for selling it.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    No, you don't need to sell the Inhumans. The characters are fine and some of the books that came during their push were excellent (especially Ahmed's Black Bolt). The problem was Marvel went way too big too quickly and marketed them in a horrible way that immediately turned people against them.

You can try again, just do a single book with a unique hook and don't purposefully try to start beef with a bigger fanbase this time.
    Well, when was the last time Inhumans has a book run, like since 2018.

Are there any comic books with a (more or less) similar premise to the Inhumans made by another publisher?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Are there any comic books with a (more or less) similar premise to the Inhumans made by another publisher?

DC has a race called the Competalians, who are basically Inhumans with the name changed. (Humanoid, but every single one of them has a different power, and some have different appearances to go with it, and they have their own society and culture. The main difference is that they don't live on Earth.) They certainly aren't likely to ever have a book of their own, and I'd bet a box of munchkins that nobody at DC even *wants* to use them...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    They should give the Inhumans to DC in exchange for a similarly-neglected property of theirs. Something like the Metal Men, where there's not an immediate redundancy like you might get with something like the Doom Patrol.
    Freedom Fighters as well. DC ignores them as much as the Metal Men. In fact I dropped all DC because they don’t have the Metal Men, LOSH, Freedom Fighters or Doom Patrol. They still put out the JSA every other year though. Not bad for a monthly ongoing. Marvel on the other hand doesn’t put out Alpha Flight or the Inhumans. Team books were always my favorite.

I would not be for this, and I feel like if they had just stuck to monarchy drama instead of trying to make them replacements for the X-Men, everything would be fine.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.