Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1216
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Beau is approaching Ben Percy levels of self-insert in this show. Between the Magneto fawning, Roberto coming out scene and now this admission.
    I can't tell which character is the biggest self-insert. Bastion's homoerotic take as Magneto's captor, Roberto's new origin and coming out story, or Morph's sassy remarks and unrequited love.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I can't tell which character is the biggest self-insert. Bastion's homoerotic take as Magneto's captor, Roberto's new origin and coming out story, or Morph's sassy remarks and unrequited love.
    I don't think those really count as self-inserts, especially if you have to spread them out so much to be all over the place.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I really enjoyed Madripoor Knight's #4
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Did anyone else read the finale to Weapon X-Men? I don’t have the time for a review thread but I have to admit after being pretty disappointed with the series I feel like Gage nailed the ending. Also outside of issue 2 Madripoor Knights has been a lot of fun to read.
    I still need to catch up with the finale of Weapon X-Men. It's one of the few contemporary X-comics I've been enjoying.

https://twitter.com/AlvinAcayen/stat...90082242855194
    Beau confirmed that Wolverine, Storm, and Morph are in the future with Scott and Jean.
    I am not happy with that. I would prefer that they were in the present then Logan could be the lone wolf and pass through his arc recovering from his adamantium loss while dealing with his enemies. It seems like they are ignoring that. The only plot that Beau demayo seems to like for Wolverine is him simping jean (which is very different from how it is presented in the comics) and giving hints that morph is in love with him (which doesn´t exist in the comics nor in the old show). He could keep Logan and Morph good friends like they were in the original show and have a similar relationship that Logan had with nightcrawler in the comics(my favorite friendship in the x-men) but instead he went for this cliché boring unrequited love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Which I thought was pretty obvious. Just because someone has a gay friend, and even if said gay friend has a bit of an unrequited crush on them, doesn’t make them gay. Trying to force it honestly feels a bit homophobic to me, but maybe I’m just sensitive to that as a straight man with a very close gay friend. Because I’ve had people try to imply things (not to my face but behind my back to others) simply because we’re friends. Like, “why does he hang out with so-and-so all the time, are they gay together?” It’s childish and insulting. You can be straight, secure in your sexuality and have a gay close friend. It’s no big deal in 2024. Or even in 1997.
    This reminds me of Seinfeld with George and Jerry lol

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Me too. It's the best wolverine book on shelves right now. Can't wait for deep cuts and the greg capullo mini

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Me too. It's the best wolverine book on shelves right now. Can't wait for deep cuts and the greg capullo mini
    Likewise. Original is still the best, but latest version has its merits.

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Yeah I just added Deep Cuts to my pull list. Love these mini set i. The past. Ive enjoed the Wolverine one the gambit one by CC and the two venom ones. And just bought venom Seperation Anxiety #1
    X-Men Forever

Yeah I just added Deep Cuts to my pull list. Love these mini set i. The past. Ive enjoed the Wolverine one the gambit one by CC and the two venom ones. And just bought venom Seperation Anxiety #1
    If you're THAT interested in minis set in the past, then check out X-Treme X-Men (2022/2023):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-17-2024 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

https://twitter.com/AlvinAcayen/stat...90082242855194
    Beau confirmed that Wolverine, Storm, and Morph are in the future with Scott and Jean.
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Logan View Post
    I am not happy with that. I would prefer that they were in the present then Logan could be the lone wolf and pass through his arc recovering from his adamantium loss while dealing with his enemies. It seems like they are ignoring that. The only plot that Beau demayo seems to like for Wolverine is him simping jean (which is very different from how it is presented in the comics) and giving hints that morph is in love with him (which doesn´t exist in the comics nor in the old show). He could keep Logan and Morph good friends like they were in the original show and have a similar relationship that Logan had with nightcrawler in the comics(my favorite friendship in the x-men) but instead he went for this cliché boring unrequited love.
    Yeah if he was in the present he could have had a higher chance at a solo episode. Doubt he can get one next season. And I really hope he doesn't simp for Jean. He did what he thought was right in episode 5 but it cant continue anymore and it would only make Logan look bad especially with how this season ended
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I’m sorry, but DeMayo’s writing isn’t great. He just took a bunch of stories that were better in the comics and smashed them together haphazardly. While I enjoyed the cartoon for what it was, people acting like the writing was some master class are kidding themselves. And he sure as hell doesn’t write a good Logan! I’m looking forward to the new head writer taking over.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah if he was in the present he could have had a higher chance at a solo episode. Doubt he can get one next season. And I really hope he doesn't simp for Jean. He did what he thought was right in episode 5 but it cant continue anymore and it would only make Logan look bad especially with how this season ended
    Morrison wrote that same scene and got hypes and praises. Why? Because he is creative while DeMayo isn't a creative writer. He only adapted and mashed those best bunch of X-Men stories into a fan fic story. Despite that he didn't "simp" for Jean but Jean kissed Logan. Why this crazy toxic logic of nostalgia is looming in this thread despite clear explanation is beyond me right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I´m glad demayo left although the bad thing is that the second season will still have a lot of his bad characterization.

The best thing they could do as some already said was take wolverine out of this second season and make his own spin off show by other show runner who understands the character. This show could be him recovering from the adamantium loss and fighting his enemies, there is a lot of cool Larry Hama stories to adapt from this era. He could return in the third season when there won´t be anymore demayo´s influence. But demayo´s plot already ruinned it sending Logan to the future or the past or whatever.

I remember we were talking about this a few pages back and I just saw this on Tom's substack that was posted last week

The wolverine book looks promising. Any chance it's going to be a globe-trotting solo where we can see him in the canadian wilderness, madripoor, japan and other locations he's associated with?

This is the sort of Wait and See question that Rob was talking about above, Martin. So I’m afraid that you’ll have to do just that