Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I actually meant I prefer it this way! It is so much smoother without the nonsense of her hanging around 616 being all confusing for everyone lol
    I just watched the last episode of xmen97 and I felt like crying, I'm very excited!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I actually meant I prefer it this way! It is so much smoother without the nonsense of her hanging around 616 being all confusing for everyone lol
    That's what has me curious if this Rachel will be from the TAS/'97 timeline or from an alternate reality. In other words, are our show's Scott and Jean going to have baby Rachel at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    That's what has me curious if this Rachel will be from the TAS/'97 timeline or from an alternate reality. In other words, are our show's Scott and Jean going to have baby Rachel at some point?
    Only in a series finale. They got rid of baby Nathan promptly so they didnt have to deal with the complications that a baby introduces. I dont see a baby Rachel actually existing. At best, Mother Askani may allude to being their daughter, but I dont think we will actually see her born on the show at any point

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Only in a series finale. They got rid of baby Nathan promptly so they didnt have to deal with the complications that a baby introduces. I dont see a baby Rachel actually existing. At best, Mother Askani may allude to being their daughter, but I dont think we will actually see her born on the show at any point
    That's what I was thinking that there was already so much baby drama that I can't see the natural conclusion being to introduce yet another baby. The series finale makes sense since we know there's a five-season plan for this show, at least under Beau's plans.

I do think Mother Askani will reveal her connection to Scott and Jean later on in S2. Especially when Askani tells Jean to adopt the Phoenix codename and costume.

Extraordinary Member

Never would I have thought of Gates McFadden (Dr Crusher from Star Trek: TNG), voicing Rachel. But here we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Never would I have thought of Gates McFadden (Dr Crusher from Star Trek: TNG), voicing Rachel. But here we are!
    That is something. I recall McFadden being suggested half a breath after Patrick Stewart seemed a logical choice for Charles - both Moira McTaggert and even Jean Grey suggested as roles. So very serendipitous that she found her role as Rachel after all these years.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

I was never a huge fan of the Askani stuff, but I've come around to it if it's giving Rachel a unique role since Bishop and Cable stole her "person from the future" stuff.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Logic: That is not who I would have thought of... Fan in me: Really? Two of my three favorite franchises coming together?

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    I was never a huge fan of the Askani stuff, but I've come around to it if it's giving Rachel a unique role since Bishop and Cable stole her "person from the future" stuff.
    Cable didnt steal anything rom her. Cable's existence enriches her backstory and this makes her important considering most of us felt she was just going to be ignored anyway

Come thru Lady Jessica vibes for Mother Askani! Face tattoo archmage sisters unite!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I just saw the cover of issue two of X-Force on Betty's Thread, I love it! the fire effect on the hair and the markings... the uniform... I think it's been a while since I liked a Rachel design so much.

GOHJqiZXEAArBL1.jpg

What do you think? Are you eager to see the first pages?

I'm loving Rachel's look so much. That jacket is fire, pun intended. Love that the fire hair is staying around.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Rachel in a jacket had airways been a hit:
    - red leather jacket as part of her civilian wear in Excalibur
    - blue X bomber jacket as part of her Starjammers wear
    - now this jacket for X-force.

And I agree the combo of the fire hair, houndmarks, and jacket is literally FIRE