Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post
    I was watching a stream of the game earlier and there's a dialogue between her and Magneto in waiting room that goes like:

Magneto: Here we are, side by side once more. Just like the old days.
    Wanda: You mean back when you used children as weapons in your crusade against mankind?
    Magneto: ... You make me sound like a terrible father when you put it like that.
    Wanda: Then at least we can finally agree on something.
    Bringing this over from the Wanda thread about the new Marvel game. Thanks Tranquil.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Found this as well, I like the idea of Wanda and Magik working together with Magneto to find more mutants across time and space with magically enhanced Cerebro.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Some are saying online Magneto invites Wanda to Krakoa in the game.

Wanda and Lorna already did Metallic Chaos on Fantastic Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Found this as well, I like the idea of Wanda and Magik working together with Magneto to find more mutants across time and space with magically enhanced Cerebro.
    I wonder who the cosmic presence is a reference to.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think it´s Jean as Phoenix, Namor and ¿Psylocke? or maybe Kwannon.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I am not sure I fully understand the game plot.

Anyway.

HoM

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Anyway.

HoM
    Apparently some Dr. Doom shenanigans that ended up with different universes merging together with Wanda being one of the few holding things together.

Pretty standard multiverse stuff to have all these different characters together.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think it´s Jean as Phoenix, Namor and ¿Psylocke? or maybe Kwannon.
    It's Psylocke but not Betsy or Kwannon but Sai.

BANNED

Anyway.

HoM
    Wanda looks so sad here. Very pretty artwork and I like the touch of the different colored eyes.

More from the game.

Interesting that the highest IP of his kids, Scarlet Witch, is (at least imo...) the least recognizable amongst them. I wonder what that decision looked like.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

There appears to have been even after the Fox buy out some general indecision on how closely to allow Wanda to be tied to Magneto.

At first it was going to be not at all, but the explosion in interest in House of M globally after Wandvision came out pushed them to go with a half measure compromise of Magneto as Wanda's found father. That created messy complications for the whole family and generally the only way that concept works relies on House of M memories, certainly not Brotherhood era memories.

However, TAS Wanda is pre-compromise. She is a full mutant, and she is fully Magneto's daughter. While other mediums are still pushing her as a non-mutant magic wielder. Basically, the compromise is breaking down and will eventually be broken, but we are not there yet.

Based on the timing of when the show was made that scene came out of mid 2021 standards. Keep in mind for Lorna the early part of the show and the middle was when she was regarded as a C list X-Factor character by Marvel. The very end would have been just registering her winning the fan vote and being treated like a B lister again.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-17-2024 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

They went with her current costume!
    Thanks

At 45 seconds Wanda and Mags talk
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-20-2024 at 02:14 AM.