Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128
Results 1,906 to 1,919 of 1919

Thread: Spawn

Incredible Member

I’ve seen it all. I’ve purchased every single Spawn issue, one-shot, mini ever published since I started collecting in 1996. I got them all.

Gunslinger is the first Spawn title I’ve ever dropped.

And to us artists, the AI is a big deal. Look at the right hand; six fingers.

IMG_1059.jpg

For a book that lead the market for years for having superior art and coloring; if that is in fact an AI generated cover; as a fan, I’m disappointed. As an artist, I’m pissed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’ve seen it all. I’ve purchased every single Spawn issue, one-shot, mini ever published since I started collecting in 1996. I got them all.

Gunslinger is the first Spawn title I’ve ever dropped.

And to us artists, the AI is a big deal. Look at the right hand; six fingers.

IMG_1059.jpg

For a book that lead the market for years for having superior art and coloring; if that is in fact an AI generated cover; as a fan, I’m disappointed. As an artist, I’m pissed.
    That isn’t ai art that is just an error I think.

Mighty Member

Didn't even notice the finger mistake on the cover when I visited my local comic book shop. Bought the Scorched cover with Haunt on it instead.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

An extra pinky finger is in there on the gun hand. I'd chalk it up to artist oversight. I frankly think A.I. is programmed to know not to make that mistake. Whereas an artist fighting deadlines might have just slipped up as well as did an editor for that matter.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    An extra pinky finger is in there on the gun hand. I'd chalk it up to artist oversight. I frankly think A.I. is programmed to know not to make that mistake. Whereas an artist fighting deadlines might have just slipped up as well as did an editor for that matter.
    Yeah they messed up on that

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Could be oversight. I’ve seen ton of AI generated art where the individual characters have up to seven fingers, so anytime I see anything of the sort now, I’m extra critical.

Mighty Member

So does anyone know if Spawn Compendium will collect up to issue 300 or 301?
    I've seen either get reported and I wanted to know for sure

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    So does anyone know if Spawn Compendium will collect up to issue 300 or 301?
    I've seen either get reported and I wanted to know for sure
    It is coming august with spawn ressurrction one shot with issues 251-300 only

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    It is coming august with spawn ressurrction one shot with issues 251-300 only
    That's annoying as the TPBs continue at 302.

Incredible Member

Just re-read the first two issues of Rat City again. Really digging this so far. It really feels like a world inspired by manga dystopias like from Appleseed, Akira, Battle Angel Alita and such.

Even though we had t really had enough characterization yet to really tell us what kind of person Peter is, we can already tell he’s a more tamer version of Al.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Just re-read the first two issues of Rat City again. Really digging this so far. It really feels like a world inspired by manga dystopias like from Appleseed, Akira, Battle Angel Alita and such.

Even though we had t really had enough characterization yet to really tell us what kind of person Peter is, we can already tell he’s a more tamer version of Al.
    Pretty much having a female writer for the spawn universe has been good so far.

Todd is also doing a marvel toy liscense and also teasing the possibility of a spider-man and spawn crossover comic

Fantastic Member

With the August 2024 solicits we have a new book alert in the 6 issue mini series - Violator: Origin. Each issue will be extra length, 56 pages, all written by Marc Andreyko but each issue will touch on the character in different points in history so each issue will have a different artist. The first issue will be done by Piotr Kowalski and the subsequent issues will be done by Kyle Hotz, Jonathan Wayshak, Gianenrico Bonacorsi, Cully Hamner, and Von Randall and the whole series will be narrated by Violator himself. Didn't really have much interest at first on this project, but given the format and direction it is taking I'm intrigued to check it out.

Finally, the one true origin story of the VIOLATOR, as told by the most unbelievable and unreliable narrator of all time. Follow the journey of your favorite SPAWN UNIVERSE demon from his start in the celestial heavens through his fall and descent into Hell, and finally, his banishment to Earth. He existed throughout human history, living in the shadows and pulling the strings of some of the most powerful people to ever live.
    Six huge oversized issues! Six incredible artists! Six different points in history! Eisner-winning writer MARC ANDREYKO and a murderers' row of artists take you to Hell and back in this epic series!
    Image also did a follow up press release on the project - https://imagecomics.com/press-releas...ch-this-august

Looks like the Medieval Spawn mini series and Knights vs Samurai projects have been delayed a bit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post
    With the August 2024 solicits we have a new book alert in the 6 issue mini series - Violator: Origin. Each issue will be extra length, 56 pages, all written by Marc Andreyko but each issue will touch on the character in different points in history so each issue will have a different artist. The first issue will be done by Piotr Kowalski and the subsequent issues will be done by Kyle Hotz, Jonathan Wayshak, Gianenrico Bonacorsi, Cully Hamner, and Von Randall and the whole series will be narrated by Violator himself. Didn't really have much interest at first on this project, but given the format and direction it is taking I'm intrigued to check it out.

Image also did a follow up press release on the project - https://imagecomics.com/press-releas...ch-this-august

Looks like the Medieval Spawn mini series and Knights vs Samurai projects have been delayed a bit.
    Probably for next year

Quote Originally Posted by HellsRider View Post

I'll check it out for sure, but I hate when books have a different artist from issue to issue. It can really throw off the flow when reading a series.