Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    That´s understable and in fact I am pretty sure this is the reason why it was introduced, the writers wanted to create tension for Rogue and Gambit´s relationship that wasn´t the old tired Rogue´s powers don´t let them touch, Magneto in this case was like Belladona in the first series and at least he wasn´t married to Rogue, he was just a previous old flame for Rogue she could touch without consequences.

I am not a big fan of Rogueneto either, I very much prefer him to have an actual serious relationship with an interesting dynamic of it´s own, in fact I would love for the comics to tackle his relationship with Magda, she was pretty much the love of his life and his issues with humans have a lot to do with how their relationship ended abruptly, a lot was left unsaid between them and exploring that could be interesting, he´s had other relationships but she survived the camps alongside him, her rejecting him after losing their daughter hurt in a way no other relationship has ever done because he still loves her.

So I am no Rogueneto fan but I liked the way their friendship was tackled in the series, she was the only one close enough to him to tell him he should let the X-men trust him by his actions, not his words and he heard her and followed her advice and that is why he went with the UN to be judged, because he trusts her oppinion and judgment.

They felt like real friends there, friends that don´t have the baggage Charles has with him, it didn´t surprise me Rogue is still part of his memories and one of the first people she remembered besides his children, not in a romantic sense but more in a "connection to his humanity sense" because just like Rogue wanted a connection in which her powers were not an issue, Magneto wanted to be able to talk to someone without his past being an issue and with Rogue he has that, because she walked the same path for a while. I hope this makes sense.

Agreed, Magneto wasn´t her teacher or her boss, or her parental figure or her employer, that was Mystique.

They were both adults in a relationship and when she wanted to break up things between them because she could not deal with her demons and his own he agreed, it was her idea to break up with him both times and he respected that. When he started directly fighting the X-men, she agreed to keep their relationship a secret because Magneto didn´t want her to be distrusted by her new family, the X-men, just because she used to have a relationship with him and on Genosha he just asked her if she wanted to begin a new relationship with him and let her decide for herself if she wanted or not. At no point Rogue didn´t get a choice, they both treated their old relationship in a mature way imo, which is refleshing compared to the forced drama plot points in comics usually use for this kind of situations but even in comics their relationship was similar.

Very impressed with this interpretation since I thought u were a Rogueneto fan!
    Now that the seasons over I really thought of the what if’s they could’ve done for Romy . With no magneto in the mix I could see a still tragic tale , Romy decides they can be together with no touch but just when they make that decision Remy dies anyway . Mags still has lot on his plate w.o having to shoehorn rogue into his storyline.

But despite all that occurred in season 1 hearing Romy still gained new followers ? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    If anyone is interested! (The top row doesn't have anything too important. But I think it might say AWOL for Jubilee and Roberto.)

this last scene is so exciting to me.
    Do you guys think this is a real indication of the new X-Men Forge and Bishop will assemble? or Beau was just playing a bit, and only 1-2 will be recruited on season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

They were both adults in a relationship and when she wanted to break up things between them because she could not deal with her demons and his own he agreed, it was her idea to break up with him both times and he respected that. When he started directly fighting the X-men, she agreed to keep their relationship a secret because Magneto didn´t want her to be distrusted by her new family, the X-men, just because she used to have a relationship with him and on Genosha he just asked her if she wanted to begin a new relationship with him and let her decide for herself if she wanted or not. At no point Rogue didn´t get a choice, they both treated their old relationship in a mature way imo, which is refleshing compared to the forced drama plot points in comics usually use for this kind of situations but even in comics their relationship was similar.
    I appreciate your observation that this was a storytelling choice to give more tension to the Gambit/Rogue relationship rather that it just be more of “But Gambit, Mah Powers!” Unfortunately they didn’t give us any of the actual Gambit/Rogue relationship itself, just counterpoints. But I will quibble about Rogue and her choices. There were at least two instances where Magneto did not give Rogue a choice. One little one where he dumps a bunch of sugar in her coffee without asking her, and one major one, where he stands there smirking at Rogue’s outrage right after he’s proclaimed her his queen, a decision he made with the council before consulting her. It’s not an equal partnership at all, which might come off as “predatory.” I don’t know if that’s predatory, maybe more manipulative because he knew she’d consider what it meant to Genoshans to have her as a leader, but I’ll just say he’s a self-righteous jerk. Though I’ll admit I have a personal vendetta against Magneto the Magnificent and all he does being Right and Forgiven, so I’ll never see it any other way!

teh board feels like hints of who's getting used in season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    Do you guys think this is a real indication of the new X-Men Forge and Bishop will assemble? or Beau was just playing a bit, and only 1-2 will be recruited on season 2?
    More people for Morph to transform into.

It is kind of surreal imagining Kitty as a hero without the X-Men...unless she was with them before Jubilee?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It is kind of surreal imagining Kitty as a hero without the X-Men...unless she was with them before Jubilee?
    Recruited by Emma?
    I could see the cartoon having Kitty be a combo of herself and Firestar’s origins.

who was recruited first Kitty or Jubliee?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    who was recruited first Kitty or Jubliee?
    Kitty was back in the 80's. They even did a whole animated pilot called Pryde of the X-Men about it .

Extraordinary Member

I wish the comics X-Men would do to Sinister, what Jean did to him in this episode.

I think there's a chance that board features characters we will see in season 2, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it seeing how the show has been so cameo happy in season 1.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Very impressed with this interpretation since I thought u were a Rogueneto fan!
    Thanks I like some aspects of their dynamic, mostly their easy going way of comunication and the connection they find in each other but I am annoyed when writers use Magneto to give Rogue and Remy romantic tension, when I saw those first chapters I was bracing myself thinking "here we go again"

Now that the seasons over I really thought of the what if’s they could’ve done for Romy . With no magneto in the mix I could see a still tragic tale , Romy decides they can be together with no touch but just when they make that decision Remy dies anyway.
    But despite all that occurred in season 1 hearing Romy still gained new followers ? Wow!
    Agreed but absence makes the heart grow fonder, sometimes writers do something that they know will upset fans of a famous couple for sure and they do it anyway because they need to bring tension, drama and catharsis to them and on this way develop their characters as well as their relationship and on this way they keep the couple from feeling stale or worse boring. My guess is that this is the same reason why they added the whole subplot with Maddie and Jean and I liked how they solved that so I have trust they will solve Romy in a similar way.

Mags still has lot on his plate w.o having to shoehorn rogue into his storyline.
    I was quite happy for the role Magneto had in the series, I liked to see his trial, Genosha, his confrontation with Val Cooper and even his fight with Wolverine and Charles. On the romantic side, I already knew Rogueneto wasn´t going to go anywhere but I liked their dance and the music.

Still I think he was building a very interesting tension with Val Cooper, I mean they were at each other throats on those first chapters, exchanging political beliefs in a way we have only seen him do with Charles, both care for their respective comunities that they represent, then she was truly remorseful for what happened to Genosha and her own role on it with her alliance with Bastion and I just loved to see her asking Magneto to just say anything to her when Bastion had him trapped and disrobed on that X and Magneto was like, Really? you want me to insult you NOW? His silence was all the answer she needed and she got the message and that "Magneto was Right" was so well done, the fact it was her the one that freed him to save both humanity and mutantkind from Bastion´s plans, showed she understood him better than the X-men and Rogue at the time. I believe the writers could built an interesting love/hate relationship with them if they keep this kind of interaction in S2.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I appreciate your observation that this was a storytelling choice to give more tension to the Gambit/Rogue relationship rather that it just be more of “But Gambit, Mah Powers!” Unfortunately they didn’t give us any of the actual Gambit/Rogue relationship itself, just counterpoints

I disagree, I believe their break up on EP 5 with them openly saying their feelings for the first time in a serious context is some of the best writting they have got lately, I have not seen their whole comics interactions but that moment before the ball at Genosha when he said he was going to be only a friend was awesome, he showed he wanted a compromise and he wasnt going to keep playing anymore waiting for her to decide and sort out her feelings, he loves her and he hopes she can understand he is no going anywhere and Rogue felt like if she didn´t had a complete relationship with him then they could never truly be together so why string Gambit around for a relationship she thoguht didn´t had a future?, her pov is understable given how touch starved she should feel at this point all of this was done with the intention of Rogue getting to the conclusion that relationships as deeper than skin which brings the whole pathos of their relationship to a whole new level.

But I will quibble about Rogue and her choices. There were at least two instances where Magneto did not give Rogue a choice. One little one where he dumps a bunch of sugar in her coffee without asking her, and one major one, where he stands there smirking at Rogue’s outrage right after he’s proclaimed her his queen, a decision he made with the council before consulting her. It’s not an equal partnership at all, which might come off as “predatory.” I don’t know if that’s predatory, maybe more manipulative because he knew she’d consider what it meant to Genoshans to have her as a leader, but I’ll just say he’s a self-righteous jerk.
    He told the council IF she agreed, she would become a leader alonside him and then he would agree to becoming Genosha´s chancellor, he told the council and Rogue the same thing, IF she wanted, they COULD be together, If she didn´t then that would be it and yes, I agree he sometimes can be a jerk on purpose or not, I am sure he just wanted to be nice to Rogue preparing her coffe but didn´t mind teasing Gambit a little bit but the choice of being Genosha´s leader with him wasn´t done with a malicious intent and in the end Rogue like a good Scarlet O´Hara managed to break both Magnus and Remy´s hearts at the same time, I understand she did it to sort out her feelings for Magneto and Remy and decided for Remy, so I don´t believe she felt trapped at any time in those chapters. I dislike this view that Rogue is some kind of victim that can´t make her own decisions, she is way more interesting when she is making her decisions even when she knows someone is going to get hurt, that´s human, that´s understable and it´s part of what makes Rogue an interesting character.

Though I’ll admit I have a personal vendetta against Magneto the Magnificent and all he does being Right and Forgiven, so I’ll never see it any other way!
    Lol, no offense taken, I also have my couple of characters I find annoying, so I get this.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-17-2024 at 10:08 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think there's a chance that board features characters we will see in season 2, but I wouldn't put too much stock into it seeing how the show has been so cameo happy in season 1.
    It would feel weird to see Morph turn into Kitty.

Although it does remind me that we had a whole "Illyana becomes Magik and Darkchylde" storyline off, Kitty becoming Shadwocat, and quite possibly Magneto finding out his familial ties to Polaris all happen off-screen.

It would feel weird to see Morph turn into Kitty.

Although it does remind me that we had a whole "Illyana becomes Magik and Darkchylde" storyline off, Kitty becoming Shadwocat, and quite possibly Magneto finding out his familial ties to Polaris all happen off-screen.
    I definitely think Kitty showing up is inevitable. It feels like righting a wrong a bit. Just not sure she'll actually join the team.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Good or bad is subjective, but it is accurate representation...a queer person developing feelings for someone they cannot have & trying to navigate the situation. I, and I am sure many other queer people, can relate.

It is not creepy & it is not predatory. Adding mutant powers & soap opera story-telling...still nothing creepy or predatory here.
    I view it the same way I view scenes in 80s comedies. Granted I've only see clips online but highly problematic stuff was shown as fine and in some cases shown the girls fall in love with the nerds for stuff. So being relatable or even showing Logan being comfortable doesn't change it being wrong from a writing perspective.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt LeBeau View Post
    This felt like a directive directly from Marvel and why they did the time plotline. It lines uo well with my theory that the show is going to move the old team out by the end of the show