Thread: Megalopolis

Default Megalopolis

New movie from Nick's uncle.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

OCS with no artwork: Amazing Gal ( Meta) , Johnny Wolf ( human) , Fang ( Anthropomorphic Great Dane), Helga Stonewall ( Troll/ Bearfolk), Victoria Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk), Jenkins Stonewall , Sophia Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk), David Stonewall , The Amazon Queen Corinethia Xykiaff ( Troll / Bearfolk), Rocky Stonewall, Barracus Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk), Bell Stonewall ( Troll / Bearfolk),

Fantastic Member

I don't know if this is going to be Bablyon (one of the best films of the year) or Battlefield Earth (one of the worst films of all-time). Francis using cheap CGI is such a huge risk.

But we'll find out when the reviews start coming in tomorrow

Extraordinary Member

Oh dear. 300 rewrites? 40 years in development? Sounds like the guy didn't know what he wanted. And...oh damn, the "Me toos" have already started with stories about his...er....old school behavior toward women on set.

I don't know, I want to like this, but its not looking good.

Fantastic Member

The people who hate this movie...really hate this movie. IMAX is going to show it...but it might not get any other distribution.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    The people who hate this movie...really hate this movie. IMAX is going to show it...but it might not get any other distribution.
    Yeah, people are really laying into this film.

I can't see it doing too well.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm seeing this no matter what (though perhaps first on bluray). Partly because I love silent films like Metropolis. Partly because it's Coppola and he's a rare director who has earned respect.

Some reviews say it's great, others not.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm seeing this no matter what (though perhaps first on bluray). Partly because I love silent films like Metropolis. Partly because it's Coppola and he's a rare director who has earned respect.

Some reviews say it's great, others not.
    I might see this film...it depends on when it comes out. I liked his film Twixt that got slaughtered by the critics.