Page 209 of 215 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3214

Sword and shield, Batman and Superman characters...Just red flags all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Something funny about Tom King insisting he didn't want Diana using a sword or shield in his run, then DC forces an event where everyone loses their powers, so now she HAS to use a sword and shield.

Mark Waid and DC editorial when they see a book where WW isn't an illiterate barbarian not getting lectured to by Superman and Batman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That redesign is just so bad and uninspired

Fantastic Member

Lmao, seriously there is something very funny about the best selling and most talked about run for Wonder Woman in years being stopped by an event written by Mark Waid. It's sad but almost poetic considering a lot of problems with modern Wonder Woman can be directly traced to Kingdom Come.

It's really annoying that Tom King, who is doing a decent job on WW in my opinion, can't separate himself from the mythos and characters of Batman and Superman, instead of exploring those of WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That redesign is just so bad and uninspired
    Mora's not for me as an artist but his redesigns have just flat out never been good, especially his WW whose always just ''snarling sword and shield lady'' so not surprised that was his go to instinct.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-17-2024 at 09:58 AM.

With Diana losing her powers, it feels like a huge missed a opportunity to not reference the Mod era outfits. And that's also when Dr Cyber was introduced, which would make her even more perfect as another robotic villain for the event.

Incredible Member

While I don't like this Abosulte Power suit at all, I have to say, Sampere makes it look pretty good all thigns considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Lmao, seriously there is something very funny about the best selling and most talked about run for Wonder Woman in years being stopped by an event written by Mark Waid. It's sad but almost poetic considering a lot of problems with modern Wonder Woman can be directly traced to Kingdom Come.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Mora's not for me as an artist but his redesigns have just flat out never been good, especially his WW whose always just ''snarling sword and shield lady'' so not surprised that was his go to instinct.
    Like...why is she wearing a V on her chest and not a W or eagle/dove

Rare Sampere miss with that cover, I'm afraid. Now we even get Supes dead parents?
    I assume it means they're working out of the Fortress of Solitude?
    Supergirl? Robin? Doom Patrol?

Incredible Member

I wasn't planning on buying anyway, on account of Absolute Power looks like utter garbage, but a team-up with Damian? It takes effort to make something that repellent.

Honestly, the real pain of these unnecessary crossover events is they're not even a one-&-done thing. They might be more tolerable is they were started and wrapped up in a single month...but no. We have grind everything to a halt for...what is this one? Three or four months at least?

And you just know it's going to end on some cliffhanger teasing the next unwanted crossover.
    Three months I believe

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Sword and shield, Batman and Superman characters...Just red flags all around.
    In fairness to the sword and shield, she is fighting a robot Batman.

Wouldn't you want to stab him?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Rare Sampere miss with that cover, I'm afraid. Now we even get Supes dead parents?
    Right, maybe the first miss cover of his…

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Im in love with Totino Tedescos covers

… at least Tedesco still bringing it. Gotta be the best variant cover artist going right now.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Something funny about Tom King insisting he didn't want Diana using a sword or shield in his run, then DC forces an event where everyone loses their powers, so now she HAS to use a sword and shield.

LOL that got me, gal.