Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes & Spider-man
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Earth's Mightiest Heroes. There's so much I'd love to see an EMH. They had the perfect Janet/Wasp. Also Spectacular Spider. I'm not as eager on that one as I am EMH, but I think it would be interesting given how much lore has changed with Spider-Man since it ended.

Extraordinary Member

The '60s Spider-Man and FF cartoons. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Spec has a legal quagmire to deal with. Sony owns that cartoon but Disney own the characters, which is why it was cancelled when Disney bought Marvel.

Though yeah, it's old enough that Miles didn't exist yet and Gwen wasn't a superhero. Any revival would probably end up introducing the second Spidey and giving Gwen powers. Of course, the same thing applies to the 90s one, which only used Gwen in the very last episode as the girlfriend of one of the AU Spider-Men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Oh, and the X-Men '80s pilot.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes, for sure. Hearing the plans for the scrapped third season just tells me that had everything down pat, versus the godawful show that replaced it, which played like Earth's Mightiest Heroes with severe brain trauma.

Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends
    Avengers: United They Stand
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hey fellow posters. Didn’t know where else to ask, but wanted to find out if Disney Plus will ever get the Iron Man, Blade and Wolverine anime’s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What about Disk Wars!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, good point, Disk Wars was never released in the US or Europe was it, despite the fact there IS an English dub? They did release Future Avengers, it's follow-up, when Disney+ launched though, and even used those characters in the comics. There's no reason they couldn't have released Disk Wars at the same time - I assume the reason they didn't air on Disney XD was the existence of the Avengers Assemble cartoon.

As for which shows should be revived, I'd say Spider-Man 1994 and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Spidey had the MJ cliffhanger, and is in the same universe as X-Men 1992/'97. EMH just abruptly ended when they replaced it with the MCU-synergetic Assemble. Though based on updates X-Men 97 made (namely stuff post-1997 from the comics being used), I think EMH's first action in a revival would be to adapt the Death of Captain Marvel so that Ms. Marvel Carol Danvers can take her modern comics identity.
    Cosigned on Disk Wars, especially since that was the last time we'd see X-Men animated at all until X-Men '97. Plus, it had Spider-Man as a major supporting player in the first part of the series, then brought him back for a take on the black suit/Venom storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spec has a legal quagmire to deal with. Sony owns that cartoon but Disney own the characters, which is why it was cancelled when Disney bought Marvel.

Though yeah, it's old enough that Miles didn't exist yet and Gwen wasn't a superhero. Any revival would probably end up introducing the second Spidey and giving Gwen powers. Of course, the same thing applies to the 90s one, which only used Gwen in the very last episode as the girlfriend of one of the AU Spider-Men.
    Specifically, the armored multibillionaire Spider-Man who never lost anything or anyone . . . aside from his biological parents, perhaps . . . and ended up endangering the other Spider-Men and their efforts to save reality itself from getting blown up by an A/U Peter Parker driven out of his mind by a combination of the Carnage symbiote and all the losses he endured over the course of his life with his recklessness and arrogance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spider-Man '98 (Naturally)

A second season of The Silver Surfer (It's a shame the series doesn't get talked about enough)

A third season of the 90's Fantastic Four

They all would slap.

It would be fun to see Spider-Woman, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, and the 80s Hulk cartoons get folded into X-Men’97
    Last edited by danielsan52; 05-15-2024 at 10:11 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

With all the MARVEL ANIMATED cameos in X-MEN'97 that picked up from existing dormant cartoons, SPIDER-MAN, IRON MAN (unfortunately *not* EGH) etc, it would be cool if X'97 expanded to a MARVEL UNIVERSE level show once the focus shifted from the X-MEN stories they have mapped out. Or concurrently if they don't run out of steam.
    Welcome back MARVEL ACTION UNIVERSE!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-17-2024 at 10:43 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With all the MARVEL ANIMATED cameos in X-MEN'97 that picked up from existing dormant cartoons, SPIDER-MAN, IRON MAN (unfortunately *not* EGH) etc, it would be cool if X'97 expanded to a MARVEL UNIVERSE level show once the focus shifted from the X-MEN stories they have mapped out. Or concurrently if they don't run out of steam.
    Welcome back MARVEL ACTION UNIVERSE!
    Hm, no. I doubt Marvel is interested in airing Dino-raiders and Robocop again. It's more likely that they would use the Avengers if the idea was to make a wide-universe cartoon.

Besides, who says that wasn't EMH's Iron Man? Have in mind that they had a "people as rectangles" graphic style borrowed from the DC Animated Universe they were trying to emulate, which would be quite jarring to use inside an X-Men 97 episode (not unless you aim for "Into the Spider-Verse"-level of craziness, which X-Men 97 was clearly not)

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It would be fun to see Spider-Woman, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, and the 80s Hulk cartoons get folded into X-Men’97
    Amazing Friends is incompatible with Spider-Man 1994.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Avengers: EMH and Silver Surfer
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Hm, no. I doubt Marvel is interested in airing Dino-raiders and Robocop again. It's more likely that they would use the Avengers if the idea was to make a wide-universe cartoon.
    MARVEL ACTION UNIVERSE as a brand concept, not literally the same shows that aired. An umbrella for an anthology of programming, this time in a connected universe. A broadcast/streaming version of MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Besides, who says that wasn't EMH's Iron Man?
    Sure...looking exactly like the generation 1 IRON MAN and FORCE WORKS model rather than the EARTHS MIGHTIEST HEROES armors. Anything is possible.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.