Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The second Nightwing mentioned in the solicit? No. My first thought was Tim Drake, but look at the cover... it shows Nightwing, head in shadow... with bat ears. Bruce is the duplicate 'wing.
    Covers are deceiving
    It could be an android for all we know

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I really like that is Bruce posing as Nightwing.
    Tim Drake as Nightwing is the most boring and uninspiring choice ever and i rather him not sharing yet another moniker with Dick.
    But Tim is a fellow Robin and his little brother. I feel like Nightwing, as a identity that spun from a Robin separating themselves from Batman, should be reserved for another Robin if anyone rather than Batman.

Plus I think with Bruce it'll just come off goofy in an attempt to appear wholesome and and inspiring.
    Anyway, here is the preview for the next issue:

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/17/dc...nightwing-114/
    Really capturing how much it means for Dick to be an acrobat.

Being reserved for another Robin misses the entire point. Nightwing isn't Robin 2.0 to be passed down like the Robin title has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Being reserved for another Robin misses the entire point. Nightwing isn't Robin 2.0 to be passed down like the Robin title has become.
    Well, it wouldn't be passed down so much temporarily exchanged between brothers but that's just me .

I really like that is Bruce posing as Nightwing.
    Tim Drake as Nightwing is the most boring and uninspiring choice ever and i rather him not sharing yet another moniker with Dick.
    Yeah there's no impact to that. Certainly wouldn't carry much weight for a finale. Tim wouldn't do anything Dick couldn't do except look more insecure doing it.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 05-17-2024 at 03:09 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But Tim is a fellow Robin and his little brother. I feel like Nightwing, as a identity that spun from a Robin separating themselves from Batman, should be reserved for another Robin if anyone rather than Batman.
    Even if this is just for this arc, choosing Tim it's uninspiring and boring. Also, Nightwing should not be reserved for other Robins.

Plus I think with Bruce it'll just come off goofy in an attempt to appear wholesome and and inspiring.
    I doubt he'll even attempt that.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Even if this is just for this arc, choosing Tim it's uninspiring and boring. Also, Nightwing should not be reserved for other Robins.

I doubt he'll even attempt that.
    So I think we can agree Nightwing should really just be Dick .

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    DC will eventually turn everything into a legacy name. Nightwing might avoid that fate longer, but eventually someone else will be wearing a version of the suit.

It should be someone trying to live up to Dick's legacy rather than another apprentice of Bruce though
    Dark does not mean deep.

So I think we can agree Nightwing should really just be Dick .
    Yeah, i agree.

But I'm glad it's Bruce posing as Nightwing and not yet another Robin. At least we haven't seen this before.

It also shows that Bruce is willing to make sacrifices too. All these years, it was Dick who had to stop everything for Bruce's mission: leaving the Titans, being Batman twice, and faking his own death to infiltrate Spyral. At least now, we see Bruce going out of his way to help Dick as well.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah, i agree.

But I'm glad it's Bruce posing as Nightwing and not yet another Robin. At least we haven't seen this before.

It also shows that Bruce is willing to make sacrifices too. All these years, it was Dick who had to stop everything for Bruce's mission: leaving the Titans, being Batman twice, and faking his own death to infiltrate Spyral. At least now, we see Bruce going out of his way to help Dick as well.
    I'd rather he do it dressed as Batman than by wearing his sons' identity though.

I'd rather he do it dressed as Batman than by wearing his sons' identity though.
    Most Likely has a reason in the story for him to do that.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Maybe its a way to try to Trick Heartless or. Orner hum or something idk
    X-Men Forever

Im guessing it’s to show how important Nightwing has become to Bludhaven, similar to Batman and Gotham.

Extraordinary Member

Well, it wouldn't be passed down so much temporarily exchanged between brothers but that's just me .
    Once it happens once in the main cannon a writer will do it again down the line.
    Sharing a mantle always seems more detrimental then do good. One character suffers. We see it with robins, flash, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Maybe its a way to try to Trick Heartless or. Orner hum or something idk
    Yeah, I think it is to confuse the villain. Bruce as Batman wouldn't do that.