Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Labors, as in the 12 Labors of Heracles.
    Yeah but what are the labors for? A good quest has to have a goal.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post

This is Hercules story
    I guess storm kills Craig and the kids

The goddess Hera, determined to make trouble for Hercules, made him lose his mind. In a confused and angry state, he killed his own wife and children.

When he awakened from his "temporary insanity," Hercules was shocked and upset by what he'd done. He prayed to the god Apollo for guidance, and the god's oracle told him he would have to serve Eurystheus, the king of Tiryns and Mycenae, for twelve years, in punishment for the murders.

As part of his sentence, Hercules had to perform twelve Labors, feats so difficult that they seemed impossible. Fortunately, Hercules had the help of Hermes and Athena, sympathetic deities who showed up when he really needed help. By the end of these Labors, Hercules was, without a doubt, Greece's greatest hero.

His struggles made Hercules the perfect embodiment of an idea the Greeks called pathos, the experience of virtuous struggle and suffering which would lead to fame and, in Hercules' case, immortality.
    Give Coates a Storm solo

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

why u looking for all the answers about the premise of the book when the solicit just dropped and we are a few months out before the book's release. let's enjoy this ride. all will b revealed soon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I wouldn't take it so literal.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wouldn't take it so literal.
    I was thinking of framework. The themes in Hecules centered on man vs nature, man vs the gods... she went through something similar in resurrection of magneto. So I wondering we'll there be a similar narrative structure? Have you read any of his stuff?

I haven't read any of Murewa's work, no. But from the blurb it sounds like the stories he's telling are more thematically correlated to the 12 Labours of Hercules. She will be going up against a variety of challenges and foes that test her resolve and spirit with the "end goal" perhaps being her being the truest, purest, most "Eternal" Storm, figuratively speaking.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

They should replace Thor with someone else. Having Thor and Storm is kind of redundant. Or maybe they plan on giving Storm that hammer she has during the Asgardian Wars. That could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    They should replace Thor with someone else. Having Thor and Storm is kind of redundant. Or maybe they plan on giving Storm that hammer she has during the Asgardian Wars. That could be fun.
    That would be even more redundant. Two Thunder God's hitting everthing with hammers...

Exactatiously.

Lord Ewing wrote both of them in his Thor issues and he wrote them quite as separate individuals with very distinct powersets. There's no reason why Jed MacKay cannot do the same in his Avengers.

That said...I can see a story beat being: After he's skewered in his head during Blood Hunt he needs some time to recover from his injuries and they need someone very much on the same level as him so Carol automatically and rightfully suggests Storm.

All a trick. A plot. A scheme. A scam. A conspiracy!
    To make me buy an Avengers book. Will it work? Damn right it will.

I do like Avengers. I just haven't read anything of there's in . . . forever.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    That would be even more redundant. Two Thunder God's hitting everthing with hammers...
    Yea. Well they should use Thor as a plot point to give the hammer to Storm and then get rid of Thor when Storm becomes an actual goddess of thunder.

Give her the hammer for what? What would she need it for????
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

I don't know if they hate Thor, or hate Storm, or hate both. I can't tell.

Mighty Member

I am not the biggest fan of the Avengers as a team. I have the same distrust of them as Magneto and Blue Marvel. Plus I rarely see the heart of the team. Their connections are mostly superficial. They aren't a family like the x-men. I will become a buyer of Avengers since that's where she will be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Give her the hammer for what? What would she need it for????
    Stormcaster was made for Storm so she can be the goddess of thunder. Granted that was back when she was powerless but it'd be fun to revisit this story again. Everything goes back to the status quo anyway.