Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The issue there is that someone else's minor character is another persons popular character.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Pretty much this. Just because they're not the biggest or best or most important or most popular or whatever doesn't mean they're not someone's favorite.
    The solution to this is just nonviolently retire the character or just not use them.

Like I recently read the Venom/Carnage book that introduced Toxin and his original host Patrick. I don't have a problem with Pat no longer being Toxin, my issue is the horrific end he got. Him and his wife and child brutally murdered by Blackheart offscreen, why did he have to be given such a nasty ending?

I get retiring a character, but you don't have to be so excessively mean-spirited about it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    I recall that cause I like Toxin and Pat was part of that appeal.

It felt like like a call back to ASM Revelations where they just killed Ben and dusted him. He couldn't just go away silently stage left and so they did that to not only Pat but his whole family!!! WTH editors??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The solution to this is just nonviolently retire the character or just not use them.

Like I recently read the Venom/Carnage book that introduced Toxin and his original host Patrick. I don't have a problem with Pat no longer being Toxin, my issue is the horrific end he got. Him and his wife and child brutally murdered by Blackheart offscreen, why did he have to be given such a nasty ending?

I get retiring a character, but you don't have to be so excessively mean-spirited about it.
    ^^^^
    I recall that cause I like Toxin and Pat was part of that appeal.

It felt like like a call back to ASM Revelations where they just killed Ben and dusted him. He couldn't just go away silently stage left and so they did that to not only Pat but his whole family!!! WTH editors??
    Exactly. Pat with Toxin was basically parenting an unruly child that just happened to be a murderous alien symbiote, kind of what could have happened if the Carnage symbiote hadn't first attached to an unrepentantly nihilistic serial killer. I could have stood to enjoy more of that dynamic, and hell, we're just lucky they didn't ultimately kill off Andi Benton after stripping her of the Mania/Venom-clone symbiote so they could give it to Lee Price, of all people.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

So Carnage is gwtting a 3 issue mini series titles Venom War Carnage by the current creative team starring in August
    venomwarcarn2024001_larroca_var.jpg
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    So Carnage is gwtting a 3 issue mini series titles Venom War Carnage by the current creative team starring in August
    venomwarcarn2024001_larroca_var.jpg
    So that's where the series is going to wrap up, I guess.

Looks like it
    X-Men Forever

YAY! another new #1!!!!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Makes sense, this book is more so to wrap up the whole God-Carnage plot since V left. Even Cletus having the Extrembiote was completely ignored to rush the 2 back together.

I feel like a Carnage book can work pretty well, just lean more into the chaos of the character. Like he finds himself in a conflict between 2 villainous organizations and the fun is just watching Carnage cause a huge mess while the 2 sides are like "Where did this asshole come from?"

Ill be suprised if after Venom War we got Carnage #9. Im fine with it ending if the story is leading theough the event. Can't wait tonfind out hid role
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Looks like it
    Quote Originally Posted by omegafix View Post
    YAY! another new #1!!!!
    The constant relaunches and new #1s are having nothing but diminishing returns, at least in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Makes sense, this book is more so to wrap up the whole God-Carnage plot since V left. Even Cletus having the Extrembiote was completely ignored to rush the 2 back together.

I feel like a Carnage book can work pretty well, just lean more into the chaos of the character. Like he finds himself in a conflict between 2 villainous organizations and the fun is just watching Carnage cause a huge mess while the 2 sides are like "Where did this asshole come from?"
    That would be cool.

The constant relaunches and new #1s are having nothing but diminishing returns, at least in my view.

That would be cool.

I agree. I was being sarcastic. Im so tired of relaunches. Any excuse to get that #1 sales boost

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

There are a variety of factors, for me(probably not unique to me though) that make the constant relaunches an easy decision to just trade wait. Get the story in one package at an online retailer with a 35-46% discount which is better than your LCS per month book discount(20% for me) and binge it. Cheaper per page then re-sell it on Ebay at 1/2 what you paid and you essentially have read it for next to nothing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I agree. I was being sarcastic. Im so tired of relaunches. Any excuse to get that #1 sales boost
    Uh-huh.

There are a variety of factors, for me(probably not unique to me though) that make the constant relaunches an easy decision to just trade wait. Get the story in one package at an online retailer with a 35-46% discount which is better than your LCS per month book discount(20% for me) and binge it. Cheaper per page then re-sell it on Ebay at 1/2 what you paid and you essentially have read it for next to nothing.
    Good strategy.

That would be cool.

I am getting to this point too. I really enjoyed the previous Carnage run with Ram V, but this one currently seems to be spinning its wheels. Then add if they are going to do another #1 after Venom War, it is getting annoying with all of these reboots. I think that we are at a point where #1 after #1 doesn't bring the excitement anymore to a book/character like it used to.

Captain Craig makes a solid point in sometimes you are better off trade waiting, that way if a book is really good, then you can enjoy it in one sitting. Only thing you do miss though this way is some of the awesome single issue covers. Barands really knows how to draw some wicked Carnage covers, especially with the #6 1:25.

Quote Originally Posted by captainzombie View Post
    I am getting to this point too. I really enjoyed the previous Carnage run with Ram V, but this one currently seems to be spinning its wheels. Then add if they are going to do another #1 after Venom War, it is getting annoying with all of these reboots. I think that we are at a point where #1 after #1 doesn't bring the excitement anymore to a book/character like it used to.

Captain Craig makes a solid point in sometimes you are better off trade waiting, that way if a book is really good, then you can enjoy it in one sitting. Only thing you do miss though this way is some of the awesome single issue covers. Barands really knows how to draw some wicked Carnage covers, especially with the #6 1:25.
    The art from the individual covers does get included in the TPBs, if that helps.