View Poll Results: Which 3 dead characters should be resurrected as Horsemen?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Madelyne Pryor

23 38.33%
  • Banshee

37 61.67%
  • Marrow

13 21.67%
  • Dazzler

25 41.67%
  • Sebastian Shaw

20 33.33%
  • Moira MacTaggert

5 8.33%
  • Squidboy

2 3.33%
  • Callisto

17 28.33%
  • Leech

16 26.67%
  • a lesser known Morlock (e.g. Tommy, Erg, Ape)

5 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men '97: Which characters should be the new Four Horsemen of Apoclypse?

A theory I've seen many people throw around about Season 2 is that Apocalypse will resurrect 4 characters who died during the Genosha Massacre to be his Horsemen. Gambit is obviously going to be one of them (which is why he's not included in the poll), so who else would you like to see take the remaining spots? Vote your top 3. (Assume Apocalypse can somehow even bring back characters who were vaporized.)
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 05-17-2024 at 03:47 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I believe Maddie would be someone Apocalypse would want as his horsemen
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mighty Member

Gambit Leech Wolverine Madylyn Prior

I don’t know how it will work, with Wolvie, Storm and Morph all being MIA, I would have assumed it would be a package deal that Apocalypse would get all three - BUT - Wolverine mentioned War at least three times that I can recall. He says he doesn’t remember OZT from his war days, he says Magneto started a war, and then there’s something about ending a war (Did Magneto or Wolvie say: this war ends now?). They had at least a couple references to Death and Gambit, that having ‘war’ repeated multiple times in Wolverine’s presence leads me to believe he’s a Horseman. Second runner up for this position would be Shaw with Leach coming in last only because Caliban was War once and Leach is the closest sub to him.

Otherwise, my picks for Famine and Pestilence are Callisto and Madelyne.

Astonishing Member

The idea of Leech being revealed as Horseman, brings back memories to the "The Twelve" storyline where it was eventualy revealed that Apocalypse wasn't actualy that big imposing looking figure, but actualy a frail old man wrapped in a artifical skin made of his celestial tech.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-17-2024 at 04:22 PM.

I voted Dazzler because Beau was acting coy when asked about her death in Genosha recently, I think he used the same emoji when asked about Magneto's "death" before ep 7 aired. So yeah, I think Dazzler's one of the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I don’t know how it will work, with Wolvie, Storm and Morph all being MIA, I would have assumed it would be a package deal that Apocalypse would get all three - BUT - Wolverine mentioned War at least three times that I can recall. He says he doesn’t remember OZT from his war days, he says Magneto started a war, and then there’s something about ending a war (Did Magneto or Wolvie say: this war ends now?). They had at least a couple references to Death and Gambit, that having ‘war’ repeated multiple times in Wolverine’s presence leads me to believe he’s a Horseman. Second runner up for this position would be Shaw with Leach coming in last only because Caliban was War once and Leach is the closest sub to him.

Otherwise, my picks for Famine and Pestilence are Callisto and Madelyne.
    He also tells Jubilee "grief's a lonely war" at Remy's funeral. I think you're onto something here...and it was how he got his adamantium back in the comics.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

gambit
    exodus
    dust
    angel
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Banshee: Death
    Marrow: War
    Squid Boy: Pestilence
    Leech: Famine
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Death: Gambit

War: Wolverine

Pestilence: Madelyne

Famine: Shaw. His hunger will absorb energy and puches and transform it into big attacks.

I wouldn't resurrect any of the dead characters except Gambit. Let's not make death a joke like in the comics. My preferred line-up would be this, but with Wolvie instead of Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I wouldn't resurrect any of the dead characters except Gambit. Let's not make death a joke like in the comics. My preferred line-up would be this, but with Wolvie instead of Gazer
    [
    What makes death a joke is that the major characters keep coming back, not the little ones.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I probably should've selected Maddie in this as well...

in ep 7 Jean's vision of Genosha had rats swarming, which would represent disease/plague...pestilence.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Famine: Shaw. His hunger will absorb energy and puches and transform it into big attacks.
    I like the idea of Wolverine as War and it would be consistent with what happened in the comics which we know X-Men '97 is very big on. Although Beau seemed to imply on X that Storm, Morph and Wolverine also ended up in the Clan Askani future... that would mean Poccy would have to wait for them to come back to present in order to complete his recruitment drive.

I wouldn't have picked Moira, but the idea would be pretty funny. Everybody would be confused as to why Poccy would bring back a human. Then BAM! Three seasons later, we learn that she's actually a mutant. They'd have to tweak her powers for this to work, but it could work.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    He also tells Jubilee "grief's a lonely war" at Remy's funeral. I think you're onto something here...and it was how he got his adamantium back in the comics.
    Oooh, I forgot that one!1 I want to rewatch the whole series and see if there are more clues … like does anyone mention hunger? The rats still haven’t been accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post

Ohhhh, good answer good answer! He is a greedy glutton.

Cannot wait to see the XTAS97 Season 2 action figure of DEATHBIT - with removable shirt action! “What about Gambit’s other powers?” Indeed!