Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I was seriously tempted to be super blunt honestly lmfao
    It's always best to put your best foot forward - in the case someone who's being respectful and thoughtful doesn't get the time of the day, but people being clearly unreasonable and just trying to get a rise out of someone do (and they manage to consistently at that), well, can't say it's you it'll reflect poorly on, can we?
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Hey look!! Everybody is here (except Ben)

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/17/sp...y-august-2024/
    Kaine is absent too. Ugh. I guess the editorials are allergic to money.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    It's always best to put your best foot forward - in the case someone who's being respectful and thoughtful doesn't get the time of the day, but people being clearly unreasonable and just trying to get a rise out of someone do (and they manage to consistently at that), well, can't say it's you it'll reflect poorly on, can we?
    Hey! I wasn't being disrepectful either

Hey! I wasn't being disrepectful either
    Never said you were, man, it's in relation to the people who keep saying the most outrageous things in relation to Lowe - it's almost guaranteed he'll reply to them, but quite often I saw people engaging respectfully just get ignored in turn. A lot of people just want acknowledgment to begin with, so while no one has or should have to put with this kind of abuse, if you keep humoring it and making sure to engage with it at every turn - while letting people talk to the wall if they're not sounding potentially deranged - you just might be sending the message you won't engage UNLESS people are incendiary towards you, whether you realize you're doing it or not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Never said you were, man, it's in relation to the people who keep saying the most outrageous things in relation to Lowe - it's almost guaranteed he'll reply to them, but quite often I saw people engaging respectfully just get ignored in turn. A lot of people just want acknowledgment to begin with, so while no one has or should have to put with this kind of abuse, if you keep humoring it and making sure to engage with it at every turn - while letting people talk to the wall if they're not sounding potentially deranged - you just might be sending the message you won't engage UNLESS people are incendiary towards you, whether you realize you're doing it or not.
    Sorry you didn't like it. Have a great day!

Well played!

Found some ATSV Ben fanart on Reddit. Looks really nice!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/c...art_style_any/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Found some ATSV Ben fanart on Reddit. Looks really nice!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spiderman/c...art_style_any/

Indeed, it does. Speaking of nice . . . Beyond Final Fight Rewrite . . . found it on Archive of Our Own. A more positive and hopeful alternate ending to Spider-Man Beyond.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Lowe promises big things coming for Ben in ASM, make of that what you will.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Lowe promises big things coming for Ben in ASM, make of that what you will.
    To be fair they said plans for Ben in the spider office. So it's again tied to whatever the Kaine book is

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    To be fair they said plans for Ben in the spider office. So it's again tied to whatever the Kaine book is
    Yeah, that means that book is not dead

Incredible Member

So now we can assume Chasm saw the Goblin Stuff inside Peter when Kafka Winklered him.

Wouldn't it be something if we got a step towards making Chasm a better character by having him attempt to repay Peter saving him from the Winkler device?

My expectations are zero, but it's nice to imagine

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    So now we can assume Chasm saw the Goblin Stuff inside Peter when Kafka Winklered him.

Wouldn't it be something if we got a step towards making Chasm a better character by having him attempt to repay Peter saving him from the Winkler device?

My expectations are zero, but it's nice to imagine
    Yeah, it would be nice bt I think the chances are almost zero.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

I don't know if this is spoiler worthy but I thought it was kind of neat.

spoilers:
    In the latest issue of Superior, Peter has Otto's minions get him a new suit and from among the choices they offer him is Ben's Sensational suit.
    end of spoilers
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

For those worried:

https://comicbook.com/comics/news/sp...-announcement/

I'm skipping, if it turns out to be decent I'll get the collection. But Chasm will be an extraordinarily hard sell for me

"Kaine Parker is on a mission to track down his fellow clone Ben Reilly. But has becoming Chasm made Ben beyond saving? Or is there an even more menacing presence pulling his strings?" the solicitation reads.
    "Ben Reilly has had a long and troubled road from hero to anti-hero to villain to Chasm, and I'm thrilled to team up with Andrea to help define his latest and most unique chapter yet," Steve Foxe told ComicBook. "I know fans have very strong feelings about Ben, and I don't blame them--I'm a kid of the late '80s and I have a lifelong affection for both Ben and his fellow Spider-clone, Kaine. Chasm: Curse of Kaine is going to spotlight what makes both Chasm and Scarlet Spider such vital members of the extended Spider-family, but whether they end this series as brothers or foes...is anyone's guess. I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention how much fun we're having with Hallows' Eve, who has emerged as one of the best additions to the Marvel roster in the last decade. Halloween is coming early this year, folks!"