Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

"His City" - How long has he been in Metropolis again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Betting John’s mom is going to pass away. Ah man that’s going to be tough for me. Still I hope for a strong ending because this mini so far is easily my top rec for a stand-alone John Stewart read as it’s been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We’ll still take him
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

It might pail in comparison but i wonder if john will.fold into the Asolute Power or United plants plot easily or not would be fun to have john show upnas well as everyone else.
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-19-2024 at 12:59 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Not to my knowledge lol.

So does this mean that his city Detroit is no longer his city? I hope that's not true.

The new issue was pretty cool. I like that there was another entry into the Book of OA that Guy Had. 3 issues left cant wait to read them
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 05-22-2024 at 09:33 PM.
    X-Men Forever

This was a really good issue. I can't get over Monto's art. I'm looking forward to the next issue. I really hope that PKJ doesn't end here.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This was a really good issue. I can't get over Monto's art. I'm looking forward to the next issue. I really hope that PKJ doesn't end here.
    Would be freakin great if he got some team book that allowed him to continue threads from GL and Superman. He keeps claiming he’s got other DC stuff along these lines but will see…
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I feel like PKJ could write a whole book or comic about the Olgrun/Dark Star lore.

John's a Marine, no man gets left behind, but sometimes you can't save everyone when they're too far gone, unfortunately.

So that's what Elie would've looked like if she'd actually grown up. It's kind of sad that in her dementia the mom is starting to disassociate and not regard the construct as Ellie any more...and kind of surreal that the construct has to fight a horror construct of their father.

You join the John Stewart Corps. you get your own construct uniforms!

Of course John would barrel straight through to solo the Revenant Queen.

Who thinks the mother may pass away in #12? I kinda do but it could go either way
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Who thinks the mother may pass away in #12? I kinda do but it could go either way
    I think he's going to turn her into an energy construct who can never die and she'll take off to explore the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think he's going to turn her into an energy construct who can never die and she'll take off to explore the cosmos.
    This feels Doctor Who-ish...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked lol
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Seriously, Montos has skyrocketed up the ranks of artists for me with his work on this series:

If he could get a long run we would definitely be talking about him in the same ranks as Reis and Mahkne.
    I feel like PKJ could write a whole book or comic about the Olgrun/Dark Star lore.

John's a Marine, no man gets left behind, but sometimes you can't save everyone when they're too far gone, unfortunately.

So that's what Elie would've looked like if she'd actually grown up. It's kind of sad that in her dementia the mom is starting to disassociate and not regard the construct as Ellie any more...and kind of surreal that the construct has to fight a horror construct of their father.

You join the John Stewart Corps. you get your own construct uniforms!

Of course John would barrel straight through to solo the Revenant Queen.
    I loved the way they gave us the backstory on the Darkstars:

And yeah we have Clark and John both possessing pieces of Olgrun’s backstory. The setup is perfect for bringing the Olgrun Myth Arc to be the focus of a JL book. It’s the kind of story that would actually justify bringing the League back. Too bad per PKJ that’s not what’s happening and we’re probably just getting some Silver Age wank from Waid.
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    100% think she’s going to die. John will save all the refugees from the Darkstar but will lose his mother. The classic hero’s tragedy where you can’t save them all. Frankly I hope it happens because that would cement this book as a must read since it has a crucial life event for John that I want to see whoever comes after PKJ to build on. Man imagine getting to see this adapted in the DCU? Would be sick.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Seriously, Montos has skyrocketed up the ranks of artists for me with his work on this series:

If he could get a long run we would definitely be talking about him in the same ranks as Reis and Mahkne.

I loved the way they gave us the backstory on the Darkstars:

100% think she’s going to die. John will save all the refugees from the Darkstar but will lose his mother. The classic hero’s tragedy where you can’t save them all. Frankly I hope it happens because that would cement this book as a must read since it has a crucial life event for John that I want to see whoever comes after PKJ to build on. Man imagine getting to see this adapted in the DCU? Would be sick.
    That Darkstars backstory page is straight out of some high fantasy book and I'm so here for it. I love it when high fantasy and sci-fi mix, PKJ and Montos are working their magic. You're on the money about Montos, his work is a veritable feast for the eyes and definitely among the GL greats for me even with a limited run.

That final issue is going to heartbreaking if she dies but I think it'll hit all the right places emotionally and thematically if John is able to make peace with her passing.

Finally an update on the Lanterns show.

https://www.nexuspointnews.com/post/...producing-team

Hopefully we get some casting news for John before the year is out.