Page 152 of 202 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3023
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Ugh, YellowFlash is an idiot, I had a discussion with him on Twitter because he was saying that Cyclops was worse than Magneto and an evil terrorist lol, it's obvious that he doesn't read comics.
    Lmao, what a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Ugh, YellowFlash is an idiot, I had a discussion with him on Twitter because he was saying that Cyclops was worse than Magneto and an evil terrorist lol, it's obvious that he doesn't read comics.
    Scott never crossed over to the levels Magneto had done when he was the antagonist except for when Dark Phoenix took over. And I don't blame anyone for what they did while possessed by the Flaming Cosmic Turkey - not Jean in the original saga, not Emma, and not Scott.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Aaron turned the Phoenix Force into discount Parallax Entity or even worse, Symbiotes lol. That guy should never touch another franchise ever again. Just give him some mini series to write.

On the topic of YouTubers, Sage's Rain made a pretty good video about Cyclops some time ago, I disagree with some of his points but it's still a decent analysis.

Cyclops embodies the X-Men more than anyone imo.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    DC has had much better writers, they have the better characters, a much more fleshed out lore, of course they're better at writing Complex characters.
    To me, AvX will always be a cheap knock off of Emerald Twilight and Zero Hour: Crisis in Time events, without all the emotional aspects and logical reasons
    My dream back in the 2010s was to have Geoff Johns somehow come in to write a "Cyclops: Rebirth" storyline

Unfortunately, we got Hickman instead
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    My dream back in the 2010s was to have Geoff Johns somehow come in to write a "Cyclops: Rebirth" storyline

Unfortunately, we got Hickman instead
    I've always wanted Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis on a Cyclops book. Sigh, Hackman is the reason I gave up on the character for five years. Thankfully there's still some hope left because Jed Mackay will be writing our boy.

Arson Aaron, Charles Soulless and Jonathan Hackman are perhaps the worst Cyclops writers of all time. They did exactly what the Fox movies did to him: make him as unlikable as possible.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-17-2024 at 06:58 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I've always wanted Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis on a Cyclops book. Sigh, Hackman is the reason I gave up on the character for five years. Thankfully there's still some hope left because Jed Mackay will be writing our boy.
    I've been slightly optimistic because of X-Men '97, but I think I'll still give Mackay's run one story arc before deciding whether to spend money on x-men / marvel books again. Gave the 2010s a lot of leeway, if only because Marvel was the same company that produced books I really liked (KYost's run, all of X-23's origin books, Messiah Complex and everything non-Aaron written x-related stuff until AvX, etc).

Got burned for spending my cash; not really willing to get burned again (when I can find entertainment elsewhere like in manhwa).

That being said, prolly the easiest way to get me on a book again is to see Cyke and Yanna having (mis)adventures hahaha
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I've been slightly optimistic because of X-Men '97, but I think I'll still give Mackay's run one story arc before deciding whether to spend money on x-men / marvel books again. Gave the 2010s a lot of leeway, if only because Marvel was the same company that produced books I really liked (KYost's run, all of X-23's origin books, Messiah Complex and everything non-Aaron written x-related stuff until AvX, etc).

Got burned for spending my cash; not really willing to get burned again (when I can find entertainment elsewhere like in manhwa).

That being said, prolly the easiest way to get me on a book again is to see Cyke and Yanna having (mis)adventures hahaha
    I'm so glad I didn't spend a single penny on the Krakoan era and even more enthusiastic that it's all crashing and burning so pathetically after what this era did to Cyclops.
    Jed Mackay's seems like the best and most important book of the new era also it has Cyke, Magik and Mags and is set in Alaska. I'm definitely going to support it.

I don't think the big two are woth investing in anymore. DC has only two really good titles now: Superman and Green Lantern. Marvel has none, at best they're just decent. Haven't read Mackay's Avengers or Doctor Strange so they might be the only two good series in Marvel's pockets.

I don't read Manhwa or Manga. I mean I've read Attack on Titan and Vinland Saga but I'm not interested in them in general.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-17-2024 at 07:55 PM.

Fantastic Member

I honestly wouldn't mind if post-AvX Cyke went the villain route, but he'd actually have to be written as one.

Methinks the 2010s writers /editors did try-- given their interviews also saying how "wrong" Cyke was, or how he's lost his way-- but they could never really translate it in writing.

The closest was... Hickman? During Secret Wars? And even then, it could be interpreted as being Phoenix'd Up (blame Marvel for that--- they outright equated possession by Phoenix with drug abuse XD)

Even the mutant Hitler thing went haywire when it was revealed that the big bad thing Cyke did was to try to stop a murder cloud from gassing the mutants to death o_o kinda sad that the writers even had to use Magik as a mouthpiece for hate against Cyke, but Imma sweep that under the rug.

Magik is still, to me, Cyke's new best friend / platonic life partner.
    What annoyed me was the claims he was becoming like Magneto.

Thing is Scott never espoused Mutant Superiority or human genocide which was Magneto's claim to villainy.

Instead Scott focused on Protecting Mutants over Humans mainly due to the fact that mutants were at risk of extinction. At worst Scott was willing to kill to protect mutants from extinction but again I don't really see that as the defining trade mark for villainy (X-Force already did the same for years).

In all honesty I look at Krakoa and see it as basically everything Utopia Cyclops would have wanted. The only real difference being that once Mutants were in a 'good', 'secure' and 'safe' place?

Utopia Scott would have returned to his normal heroics of saving everyone. Which is precisely what Krakoa Cyclops did.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post

Thing is Scott never espoused Mutant Superiority or human genocide which was Magneto's claim to villainy.

Instead Scott focused on Protecting Mutants over Humans mainly due to the fact that mutants were at risk of extinction. At worst Scott was willing to kill to protect mutants from extinction but again I don't really see that as the defining trade mark for villainy (X-Force already did the same for years).

In all honesty I look at Krakoa and see it as basically everything Utopia Cyclops would have wanted. The only real difference being that once Mutants were in a 'good', 'secure' and 'safe' place?

Utopia Scott would have returned to his normal heroics of saving everyone. Which is precisely what Krakoa Cyclops did.
    I pretty much agree - Scott went in the direction he did because of necessity, not ideology.

One of the biggest reasons people like that era, is that previous to it, and after it, Scott was basically an event punching bag. Need a visually iconic character to have taken out, killed, or possessed easily? Scott Summers always had the first ticket into the "get shit on" line, except during the Utopia era.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I think in the 2000s, writers who had grown up loving the character came on board and with editors that had a Pro-Cyclops stance, we got a Scott who was relevant and had a big role in most of the events of that time period.
    Krakoan era was when Cyclops was shitted on the most, the worst chapter in the character's entire publication history of over six decades.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-17-2024 at 09:09 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post

Pretty much.

All the people claiming Utopia!Clops = Magneto just tells me that they never read the books, or just hate (that era of) Cyke in general.

It can be argued that Cyke made decisions that prioritized mutant lives over human lives "therefore he is Magneto 2.0" (Sanctioning X-Force, abandoning the Avengers to rescue Hope against Unit, etc), but context matters: it was never about mutant supremacy but mutant survival. Utopia!Clops, to me, only really made sense in-context, which is why the Krakoa era doesn't sit well with me. That, to me, was what mutant supremacy actually looks like.

And I'm not even saying Magneto is a bad character---- Mags' position makes sense, especially after everything the character lived through. The comparison simply doesn't make sense.
    Let your wallet talk.

Pretty much.

All the people claiming Utopia!Clops = Magneto just tells me that they never read the books, or just hate (that era of) Cyke in general.

It can be argued that Cyke made decisions that prioritized mutant lives over human lives "therefore he is Magneto 2.0" (Sanctioning X-Force, abandoning the Avengers to rescue Hope against Unit, etc), but context matters: it was never about mutant supremacy but mutant survival. Utopia!Clops, to me, only really made sense in-context, which is why the Krakoa era doesn't sit well with me. That, to me, was what mutant supremacy actually looks like.

And I'm not even saying Magneto is a bad character---- Mags' position makes sense, especially after everything the character lived through. The comparison simply doesn't make sense.
    Krakoan X-Men were villains. They're were not Superheroes, not even in the slightest. They were a cult of death worshipping weirdos talking about Mutants being gods and completely abandoning their humanity, which is ironic because they're supposed to he Human Mutants.

As for Cyclops, he never was a supremacist in the Utopian era. Magneto is a mutant supremacist. Cyke just wanted to protect his kind that was on brink of extinction by any means necessary, he didn't view them as being superior to normal humans at all.