Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian vs Bane, oh boy! Damian shouldn't be able to take bane but I hope we get a cool fight, great banter, entertaining putdowns and Damian getting some licks in.

I'm looking forward to the team up as well. It's out of left field and I have high hopes.

I've been enjoying King's Damian and I don't think King would write Damian disrespecting her or sassing her like the last time they shared a page [Dark Nights Metal]

Why cant Damian take on Bane?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why cant Damian take on Bane?
    I just don't feel Damian should be able to beat Bane. Looking at some canon then Damian I can move my internal organs just by thinking Wayne should piss all over Bane and I don't like that.

Looking at other canon Damian I got beaten by Thomas Wayne Wayne shouldn't be able to take Bane.

I think it takes away from Damian. I think it's too OP and cheapens Bane, one of Batman's A list foes. I don't think Robins should be beating A list batman foes.

Extraordinary Member

I just don't feel Damian should be able to beat Bane. Looking at some canon then Damian I can move my internal organs just by thinking Wayne should piss all over Bane and I don't like that.

Looking at other canon Damian I got beaten by Thomas Wayne Wayne shouldn't be able to take Bane.

I think it takes away from Damian. I think it's too OP and cheapens Bane, one of Batman's A list foes. I don't think Robins should be beating A list batman foes.
    Robin have been doin that for a while. Beside Robin are a good match for Bane. Quick agile hard to pin down, one Damian skid his venom tube he’s done.

Extraordinary Member

Quick agile hard to pin down, one Damian skid his venom tube he’s done.
    The problem is that Bane is (allready since the late 90s) not using venom in most of his appearences (not sure what his current status is in this regard), and in the comics venom afaik never worked like in the animated series were it stops working and Bane collapses when you cut the tubes.

Bane should be a characters that even Bruce can't really take in a physical fight. If Damian can take on Bane, than Bane either stops being a credible thread, or Damian has become completely OP.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The problem is that Bane is (allready since the late 90s) not using venom in most of his appearences (not sure what his current status is in this regard), and in the comics venom afaik never worked like in the animated series were it stops working and Bane collapses when you cut the tubes.

Bane should be a characters that even Bruce can't really take in a physical fight. If Damian can take on Bane, than Bane either stops being a credible thread, or Damian has become completely OP.
    I don’t want to think about it too hard because I know at the end of the day once a writer says it’s so it’s so. But ever since Damian faught Deathstroke when he was 10 I have to give him credit as fighting genius and he didn’t even win that fight. Damian has had more difficult opponents then bane. I belive he defeated Banes father too

I donÂ’t want to think about it too hard because I know at the end of the day once a writer says itÂ’s so itÂ’s so. But ever since Damian faught Deathstroke when he was 10 I have to give him credit as fighting genius and he didnÂ’t even win that fight. Damian has had more difficult opponents then bane. I belive he defeated Banes father too
    The fact that Damian is allowed a hood in canon shows he's built different and sets him apart from the other Robins as a fighting genius on an entirely different scale.

Aside from Dick Grayson. Golden Age Dick was a menace at age 8.

You are right that he has taken down more difficult opponents like Gotham Girl but that was a different type of battle so I didn't mind that.

I just don't think that Robin should be taking down opponents that Batman has to work to put down.

If Damian is putting foes like Bane down at age 14 then who is he going to be fighting in when he's 20?

I quite like a struggler.

Extraordinary Member

The fact that Damian is allowed a hood in canon shows he's built different and sets him apart from the other Robins as a fighting genius on an entirely different scale.

You are right that he has taken down more difficult opponents like Gotham Girl but that was a different type of battle so I didn't mind that.

I just don't think that Robin should be taking down opponents that Batman has to work to put down.

If Damian is putting foes like Bane down at age 14 then who is he going to be fighting in when he's 20?

I quite like a struggler.
    We can worry about that when he’s 20. But the answer is the same as Cass Cain and that is no one because their skill is so high no match up will matter. But if he caught bane he would still struggle but he would find a way. It’s do or die. He can’t die, I mean he could but you know what I mean.

I can see Damian defeating Bane because of him being arrogant and not taking Damian seriously + him using some tricks to neutralize venom.
    But in fair fight 1 vs 1 Damian has no chance. When he grows up, yes, then he can defeat him.

We can worry about that when he’s 20. But the answer is the same as Cass Cain and that is no one because their skill is so high no match up will matter. But if he caught bane he would still struggle but he would find a way. It’s do or die. He can’t die, I mean he could but you know what I mean.
    That's my fear.
    I don't want that for Damian or him getting hyped/w*"ked to death Tim drake style.

I feel like having him defeat Bane will be come across as w*8nking and be off putting.

That's my fear.
    I don't want that for Damian or him getting hyped/w*"ked to death Tim drake style.

I feel like having him defeat Bane will be come across as w*8nking and be off putting.
    Lol.
    Phrasing.

Damian has taken L's lately that he shouldn't have and I want him to avenge Alfred.

I'd like to see him get the better of Bane somehow.
    I don't want it to be an ass pull. I want Damian to come off as a badass. He needs a win.

That's my fear.

Fans already complain that he's too hyped despite him constantly taking L's.

Screw that.
    I want him to come out on top this time.

Extraordinary Member

Just that Golden Age Dick likely wasn't 8 ...

But that's a bit of topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Just that Golden Age Dick likely wasn't 8 ...

But that's a bit of topic...
    What do you mean likely wasn't?
    In canon he was aged 8 or 10 when he became Robin so saying that 8 year old Robin Dick Grayson was a menace is canon and true.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Lol.
    Phrasing.
    Sorry wasn't intentional.