Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I remember when a 2nd or 3rd version of Thunderbolts came out Captain Marvel (Genis) was shown on the cover, but in a way that looked like he was added after the fact. I was excited because his solo book just ended and I was excited to have a place to follow his adventures, turns out he gets jumped in like the first or second issue by a teammate is in a coma and is then wiped out of existence during his next appearance. I hope that Celia not being on the original solicit is just because Land can't draw a good Celia and not because of her prominence in the title. Celia is the character I want to see featured most behind Alex and Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I remember when a 2nd or 3rd version of Thunderbolts came out Captain Marvel (Genis) was shown on the cover, but in a way that looked like he was added after the fact. I was excited because his solo book just ended and I was excited to have a place to follow his adventures, turns out he gets jumped in like the first or second issue by a teammate is in a coma and is then wiped out of existence during his next appearance. I hope that Celia not being on the original solicit is just because Land can't draw a good Celia and not because of her prominence in the title. Celia is the character I want to see featured most behind Alex and Warren.
    Nobody deservers the treatment Genis got after Peter David left him (twice - points to the current Captain Marvel ongoing). So hopefully this won't be the case.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

Astonishing Member

Yep I hope they don't do Celia dirty like that.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wonder if they’re gonna sweep the whole undead thing with Havok under the rug here like they did with his inverted self reemerging in Hellions. Also, God I wish they’d get rid of that stupid face tattoo from Pyro. It looks ridiculous.
    Knowing Russel's writing, it will be a major character arc with Havoc locking himself in the bathroom every night, contemplating suicide or eating German brain soup.

Astonishing Member

Captain are you not a fan? I am unfamiliar with this writer. Initially I thought people were happy with the choice. Then again I heard rave reviews about Foxe before Dark X-Men and it didin't do much for me at all. Zeb Wells who I acknowledge had more runway to tell a story on Hellions left me wanting more. I had no interest in more Foxe on that Dark X-Men book.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Adding The Snagglepuss Chronicles, God Is Disappointed In You, the Wonder Twins, and Billionaire Island to the rec list.
    The recent Traveling to Mars was amazing. Gut wrenching sad sometimes, but amazing. And we did get some hopeful moments towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    People are overreacting to the prenise when there's obviously a twist. Angel wouldn't do this at all nor would Frenzy or Feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I just had a thought :

In the "leaks", everything was mostly right except this one. It was supposed to be a Mystique book.
    Would it be possible that Angel is not Warren but Raven in disguise ?

What if the twist is... the mutants are the government, the secret member of X-Factor is Mystique posing as the President?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Thanks! I don't get the hate he gets from some people here. I like that I can follow the story without the script put in there. A lot of the younger generation of artists go for style, but lack the ability of visual storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Oh great, so this will be the book of multiple character assasinations... I'm gonna celebrate when this one gets cancelled.
    That is just nasty considering how many people here are excited about the book.

So I make you a deal: We will celebrate together when it gets cancelled, as senior citizens enjoying our retirement a few decades from now.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Captain are you not a fan? I am unfamiliar with this writer. Initially I thought people were happy with the choice. Then again I heard rave reviews about Foxe before Dark X-Men and it didin't do much for me at all. Zeb Wells who I acknowledge had more runway to tell a story on Hellions left me wanting more. I had no interest in more Foxe on that Dark X-Men book.
    Oh, I am a big fan. But he will not go easy on the reader. He will look at the human (or mutant) condition with warts and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    This feels like it's being written by a terminally online person who is incapable of writing something that isn't a tongue in cheek vomit take on everything happening on Twitter. Pass.

Also, Frenzy? Really?
    I'm begging you to try literally any Mark Russel book. He's kind of the opposite of that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I hope Russell proves all of you wrong...because, this thread has taken a very negative turn...not surprising, considering.
    He might but what folks have to understand is the stuff he did in The Snagglepuss Chronicles, God Is Disappointed In You, the Wonder Twins, and Billionaire Island will be different from what he will be allowed to do in X-Universe.

He is doing characters management is NOT interested in and will overlook things like what was done in Prez, Flintstones and lets not forget DC dumped his Second Coming book (now in it's third series).

What restrictions will he face on this book dealing with characters OWNED by Disney that are heading towards movies.

To those who know the kind of stories and things this author does to characters... I just want to know if I should expect for these characters (esp Warren) to be shit on/treated badly/OOC or what.
    Read as = should I still be happy that my favest has been made a lead in this title or what?
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He might but what folks have to understand is the stuff he did in The Snagglepuss Chronicles, God Is Disappointed In You, the Wonder Twins, and Billionaire Island will be different from what he will be allowed to do in X-Universe.

He is doing characters management is NOT interested in and will overlook things like what was done in Prez, Flintstones and lets not forget DC dumped his Second Coming book (now in it's third series).

What restrictions will he face on this book dealing with characters OWNED by Disney that are heading towards movies.
    Most people understand that there's a difference in the level of freedom a writer has doing when work for hire vs creator-owned projects. Sure, we're not going to get the same subject matter as in God is Disappointed in You or Second Coming, but there's a hell of a lot of room for sharp satire and commentary in the concept for this X-Factor, and that's where the anticipation to see what Russell does with this book is coming from.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-17-2024 at 08:59 PM.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I'm keeping an open mind because Frenzy! Havok! Warren! but all the talk about fame, propaganda, and public opinion reminds me of X-Statix. I hope there's a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    What if the twist is... the mutants are the government, the secret member of X-Factor is Mystique posing as the President?
    That would be an interesting twist. And most of those leaks from a while back were pretty accurate (albeit with some name changes), yet there's been no mention of Mystique yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    That would be an interesting twist. And most of those leaks from a while back were pretty accurate (albeit with some name changes), yet there's been no mention of Mystique yet.
    She's probably getting a mini from Declan Shalvey.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Honestly that would be VERY funny and interesting

I miss Mystique’s X-Factor costume.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I miss Mystique’s X-Factor costume.
    You mean the cleavagey white one with the white jacket? It so, me too.