Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What story-arcs or plotlines do you want X-men '97 Season 2 to explore?

SPOILERS

X-men '97 covered a lot of stuff from the comics - The Trial of Magneto, Inferno, Lifedeath, Fall of the Mutants, Operation Zero Tolerance, Fatal Attractions and E is for Extinction, and probably a few I'm missing - even touching (a little) on the Krakoa era.

Season 2 looks to be setting up an exploration of Apocalypse's origin, and some variation of The Adventures of Cyclops and Pheonix.

That apart, what story-arcs and plot-points from the comics (or elsewhere) would you like them to explore in the next season, or beyond?

I kinda want an adaptation of Giant Size X-men # 1, which hasn't really been done before. I suppose it can be reworked as a 'present-day' story but I'd prefer it to be a flashback which shows how the TAS line-up came together. It'd be the best way to set up Krakoa for a potential adaptation of that story down the line...

Since they've shown themselves to not be averse to post-90's material, maybe they can touch on Origins? I think Wolverine is due a meatier role in Season 2, and with the fallout of him losing the adamantium and rediscovering his bone claws, it might not be the worst idea to explore his early life and maybe introduce the likes of Rose and 'Dog' Logan.

God Loves, Man Kills is another story-arc I'd really love to see done in animation. Reverend Stryker cameod in Season 1...maybe they were foreshadowing this?

Betsy and Warren's romance , Jean reclaiming Phoenix , God loves Man kills

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Illyana's Magik journey is high on my list if they add her to the cast of season 2. We know her Darkchylde persona exists in X-Men '97 so it would be amazing if they told the story behind it.

Onslaught would be cool as a slow build throughout season 2, with Charley slowly losing control and turning into Onslaught in the season 2 finale, setting him up as the big bad of season 3.

God Loves, Man Kills would be amazing and the seeds have been planted. Mystique killing Graydon Creed is also something I can see happening.

Further down the line, assuming they go beyond a third season, Moira X and Krakoa would be very fun to see adapted.

I'd love to see Onslaught and Stryfe.

Remember when Professor X was going to kick Shadowcat off the X-men and onto the New Mutants Team? I think using Jubilee there would be pretty cool. It'd also be nice to establish a New Mutants/New X-men/Generation X type group before having Cable take the team over and turning into X-Force.

Bone Clawed Wolverine having to fight some of his old rogues would be cool. Sabretooth especially. They could even bring in Cyber.

I feel like the Legacy Virus story-line wasn't properly adapted in the OG series. You didn't feel the worldwide fear properly. It's still very much relevant today, with AIDS and COVID comparisons.

Also Carol should wake-up. Not sure if anytime soon, but that's a fall-out that is just waiting to happen.

Deadly Genesis is also likely given the Vulcun cameo. Not my favorite story-line, but I'm curious if they can adapt it better so Xavier doesn't look like a complete sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Bone Clawed Wolverine having to fight some of his old rogues would be cool. Sabretooth especially. They could even bring in Cyber.
    This. 100% this for me.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

We know that adventures of cyclops and phoenix and rise of apocalipse will be explored because of the teasers in the last episode

I think with apocalipse being focus on both past, present and future, we’ll have little space for onslaught?, but I think it will be definitely be teased for season 3.

I think remender’s uncanny x-force will be evoked in the creation of a new team by bishop and forge.
    And of course we’ll see new horsemen including gambit as milligan’s death.

Other than that I want to see.
    Betsy and logan vs the hand
    Psi war against shadow king
    Excalibur vs jamie braddock

I think Elektra helping a feral, bone claw having Logan would be fun.

A part of me would also be curious to see how the 97 team handles the Betsy/Kwannon mind switch, but they probably wouldn't touch that with a fifty foot pole.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Betsy and logan vs the hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I think Elektra helping a feral, bone claw having Logan would be fun.
    What it was Psylocke/Kwannon who helps Logan instead of Elektra in this cartoon? That could be cool IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    I think remender’s uncanny x-force will be evoked in the creation of a new team by bishop and forge.
    What if it was Bishop, Forge, Psylocke/Kwannon, Archangel and bone claws Wolverine in this incarnation of Uncanny X-Force? That could be dope IMO. Maybe throw in a wild card like Deadpool too. Maybe. Since he was on the original team in the comics. Forge kind of takes the Fantomex role perhaps, and Bishop is in the Deathlok role.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 05-18-2024 at 08:22 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    What it was Psylocke/Kwannon who helps Logan instead of Elektra in this cartoon? That could be cool IMO.

What if it was Bishop, Forge, Psylocke/Kwannon, Archangel and bone claws Wolverine in this incarnation of Uncanny X-Force? That could be dope IMO. Maybe throw in a wild card like Deadpool too. Maybe. Since he was on the original team in the comics. Forge kind of takes the Fantomex role perhaps, and Bishop is in the Deathlok role.
    I'd be down for all of that.

Speaking of X-Force, it would be cool if they brought Domino in the fold with Cable.

I think we will see Onslaught sooner or later.

Age of Apocalypse is upon us.

I want to see Iceman used more as well as Colossus.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Ya know, I keep seeing his name brought up but I thought everyone hated Onslaught. : /

I'd really like them to add New Mutants but it seems less and less likely now. Rahne is already on X-Factor(if any of that group is even still together) and Moira is dead I guess. Was hopping she'd adopt Rahne and send her Xaviers'.

Also would like Kathrine Pryde. Really didn't think they'd add her but she had picture in the last episode. Oh Emma and Polaris. Heard DeMayo doesn't like Emma though.

Edit: Oh. Would also like to see Carol wake up from her comma. Kept thinking about her when Rogue was really making use of her powers this season! Rogue never Carol's energy blast powers?
    Been wondering about that too.

Also Scarlet Witch. Would love to see her. Missed Mystique this season too.
    Last edited by wlfking; 05-18-2024 at 09:13 AM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post

Also would like Kathrine Pryde. Really didn't think they'd add her but she had picture in the last episode. Oh Emma and Polaris. Heard DeMayo doesn't like Emma though.
    DeMayo didn’t hate Emma, but he was addicted to very old lore. Meaning Emma of Claremont’s first run. He at least a little bit accepted her character growth by including her in the Genosha story.

I believe Lorna is a very similar case of him seeing the character in the context of what she was a very very long time ago. I don’t believe he really cares about 90s X-Factor Lorna otherwise he would have done much more then an Easter Egg flash.

Lorna so far has been excised from any storytelling that matters. There are ways if they really care to fix that, but I am dubious they do.

DeMayo at least responded to the complaints of Emma fans online and interacted with them. Not so much for online fans of Lorna.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-18-2024 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    DeMayo didn’t hate Emma, but he was addicted to very old lore. Meaning Emma of Claremont’s first run. He at least a little bit accepted her character growth by including her in the Genosha story.

I believe Lorna is a very similar case of him seeing the character in the context of what she was a very very long time ago. I don’t believe he really cares about 90s X-Factor Lorna otherwise he would have done much more then an Easter Egg flash.

Lorna so far has been excised from any storytelling that matters. There are ways if they really care to fix that, but I am dubious they do.

DeMayo at least responded to the complaints of Emma fans online and interacted with them. Not so much for online fans of Lorna.
    For Emma, that's good to hear! Gives me hope! Shame about Lorna though.
    ~*Earthbound.

I guess . . . as a big Scarlet Witch fan I should say I want to see M-Day? ^^; Since it would be an adaption maybe they can do it in a way where people don't end up hating Wanda as much. Probably not have it last as long for one thing. Though I'd personally dislike it if this means Jubilee has to become a vampire.
    ~*Earthbound.