Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I am convinced that Nolan possesses a talent for historical research and a knack for gothic imagery. I can picture Big Ben looming over a misty skyline while a woman's scream echoes off-camera, setting the scene for a story about Jack the Ripper.

Adam Sandler comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Female lead movie
    Don’t be ridiculous.

Anything but IP work like Bond or what not. I want to see more original films from him like Inception or Interstellar. Sure, you can get a miss like Tenet but I prefer him to take projects like that than an IP that will get made no matter what like Bond or what not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Anything but IP work like Bond or what not. I want to see more original films from him like Inception or Interstellar. Sure, you can get a miss like Tenet but I prefer him to take projects like that than an IP that will get made no matter what like Bond or what not.
    Tenet was his Bond film. I think it was still brilliant and mostly didn't work because Washington was badly cast. I think Nolan was casting against type and didn't want a typical Bond type. But with everything going on in that movie, a more fitting actor would have worked better. In fact, if Washington and Pattinson had switched rolls, I think it would have worked.

Along that line, I would like another Sci Fi movie. The intelligent way he deals with high concepts is too good to not go that way.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-18-2024 at 12:15 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Tenet was his Bond film. I think it was still brilliant and mostly didn't work because Washington was badly cast. I think Nolan was casting against type and didn't want a typical Bond type. But with everything going on in that movie, a more fitting actor would have worked better. In fact, if Washington and Patrick had switched rolls, I think it would have worked.

Along that line, I would like another Sci Fi movie. The intelligent way he deals with high concepts is too good to not go that way.
    I dont think Washington was miscast. I thought the protagonist role was underwritten. He felt more like a player character in a video game like Persona or something.

A fresh take on The Shadow and or Dick Tracy. Period pieces w. pulp heroes who each have fantastical elements while being fairly grounded and gritty.

He should direct Seinfeld's spiritual sequel to "Unfrosted" about the person who invented the Zagnut.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    He should direct Seinfeld's spiritual sequel to "Unfrosted" about the person who invented the Zagnut.
    Wait, Zagnut is a real thing? I thought it was a fake name used for a candy bar on American Dad.

An adaptation of Sapphire and Steel.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-18-2024 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Wait, Zagnut is a real thing? I thought it was a fake name used for a candy bar on American Dad.
    ^^^Zagnuts have been around since 1930.

A crossover between Inception and The Prisoner as well as Tenet and Sapphire and Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I dont think Washington was miscast. I thought the protagonist role was underwritten. He felt more like a player character in a video game like Persona or something.
    Interesting, I can see why you think that, but I believe a different actor would have brought more to the part. I think Pattinson did in a lesser role. I am not saying Washington is a bad actor, just miscast in this. The Protagonist needed to be a bit of a cypher.

Tenet was released in IMAX earlier this year and I was all set to go when I came down with a bad cough and fever. Very disappointing because I think all of Nolan's work at a different level when they are on the big screen.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-18-2024 at 12:15 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Interesting, I can see why you think that, but I believe a different actor would have brought more to the part. I think Patrick did in a lesser role. I am not saying Washington is a bad actor, just miscast in this. The Protagonist needed to be a bit of a cypher.

Tenet was released in IMAX earlier this year and I was all set to go when I came down with a bad cough and fever. Very disappointing because I think all of Nolan's work at a different level when they are on the big screen.
    Do you mean Pattinson when you say Patrick?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Do you mean Pattinson when you say Patrick?
    Yes, lousy proof reading on my part.