Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Unless Bobby joins one of the 3 X-men books i can seea mini at least akin to Dazzlerfor Iceman. I hope he shows up regarless. If a mini or attemlt at anoter o going can ot be better then the last one. I didn't like that one i dont care about hi. Dating i want more actio. Simular but bettef then Fall of X
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Thank you for reposting here. Can't believe an Iceman thread didn't even exist basically four months into the year. It should show how badly Marvel has treated this character in the last decade.
    I think the reason there wasn't a thread for months this year was because we (or at least me lol) were waiting for him to officially come back or at least get some news regarding his status since his mini ended, but it's great someone still decided to make one.

Now the question remains... what the heck was the plan with him? Given how his mini ended, I think most of us expected that he would have come back in a major fashion to save the main current cast from one of the big threats or something like that, but we're two issues left from this era, and Storm got one in the last one that defeated Orchis, and it looks like Jean will get the next one, so I doubt they'll repeat an Omega coming to save everyone three times in a row.

Then the next assumption is, maybe they're waiting for his return in the next era and that's why he hasn't shown up in any of the starting up lineups yet! But the thing is... he already showed up in some of the Infinity comics helping Escapade and the new Juggernaut, which they explicitly state happen after Krakoa ends, and he's there hanging out like nothing happened lol so it probably means he's coming back with everyone in one of those two next issues, but if he's not going to do anything relevant, what was the point of ending the mini like that and spending all these months without any payoff?

I know maybe I'm overreacting since anything could happen next and the other alternative would be him in the background jobbing like how Gambit has been used, but it's still a bit frustrating with how everything was set-up.

^ it does sound disappointing indeed, so I don't think you're over-reacting.
    Gotta cling to the promise that we will talk about Iceman in the first year - or what was the exact quote. *fingers crossed*
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah im curious what that means. At least he'll be used. Hope it's a good use lol.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    I think the reason there wasn't a thread for months this year was because we (or at least me lol) were waiting for him to officially come back or at least get some news regarding his status since his mini ended, but it's great someone still decided to make one.

Now the question remains... what the heck was the plan with him? Given how his mini ended, I think most of us expected that he would have come back in a major fashion to save the main current cast from one of the big threats or something like that, but we're two issues left from this era, and Storm got one in the last one that defeated Orchis, and it looks like Jean will get the next one, so I doubt they'll repeat an Omega coming to save everyone three times in a row.

Then the next assumption is, maybe they're waiting for his return in the next era and that's why he hasn't shown up in any of the starting up lineups yet! But the thing is... he already showed up in some of the Infinity comics helping Escapade and the new Juggernaut, which they explicitly state happen after Krakoa ends, and he's there hanging out like nothing happened lol so it probably means he's coming back with everyone in one of those two next issues, but if he's not going to do anything relevant, what was the point of ending the mini like that and spending all these months without any payoff?

I know maybe I'm overreacting since anything could happen next and the other alternative would be him in the background jobbing like how Gambit has been used, but it's still a bit frustrating with how everything was set-up.
    Bobby is currently honeymooning in Artican with Romeo
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver