Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Joseph was originally supposed to be Magneto without his memories after fatal attractions, a Magneto who ressembled his AOA version, then he was retconned into being his clone because of the lack of acceptance in the fandom and his origin was that he was made to kill off Magneto, so I could see Sinister giving life to him as a way to fight off Magneto but I donīt believe the X-men or Magneto would blame him for the EMP it didnīt happen in comics canon and I donīt believe it will happen in the series, thereīs a big possibility he wonīt even appear given the circunstances that gave origin to him are not there given Magneto keep his memories and his time being comatose was very short.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-18-2024 at 12:06 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    TAS was in an odd place with the Acolytes since they had Apoccy steal the body of Fabian Cortez... and also didn't actually kill off the OG Acolytes. And also, didn't actually use Fabian's version of Acolytes. It mostly used Magneto's Acolytes. Which makes me wonder if that's where Exodus is gonna come in. take over as Acolyte leader now that Magneto is gone?
    The situation with the Acolytes is an interesting one. They had a bigger role in the 90s series then the current one it feels like. The late 90s/early 00s Acolyte era was of course pretty central to Lorna’s character development and evolution well before Genosha was destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Joseph was originally supposed to be Magneto without his memories after fatal attractions, a Magneto who ressembled his AOA version, then he was retconned into being his clone because of the lack of acceptance in the fandom and his origin was that he was made to kill off Magneto, so I could see Sinister giving life to him as a way to fight off Magneto but I donīt believe the X-men or Magneto would blame him for the EMP it didnīt happen in comics canon and I donīt believe it will happen in the series, thereīs a big possibility he wonīt even appear given the circunstances that gave origin to him are not there given Magneto keep his memories and his time being comatose was very short.
    Not sure about the purpose of Joseph if he shows up. I kind of hope he doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The situation with the Acolytes is an interesting one. They had a bigger role in the 90s series then the current one it feels like. The late 90s/early 00s Acolyte era was of course pretty central to Lorna’s character development and evolution well before Genosha was destroyed.
    Psylocke and Alpha Fight were on Genosha when the Prime sentinels attacked again so I believe there is a strong possibility to see Lorna there as well in the present while the other X-men fight in the past and future, especially given she was foreshadowed on Magnetoīs mind.

Not sure about the purpose of Joseph if he shows up. I kind of hope he doesn’t.
    I would like to see him show up only if they add some interesting dynamic between him and Magneto just like they did for Jean and Maddie. In Magneto not a hero we could see something like that.

Magneto tried to convince Joseph he was being manipulated and that he truly wasnīt like that, Joseph fought him once and healed the magnetoshehere during Magnetoīs War when he used a new EMP with the intention of being given Genosha, Joseph in Magnetoīs war only had Erikīs earliest memories so his personality was similar to Max Einsenhart when he was a teenager with the difference that Joseph was programed to be more passive.

Joseph in Magneto not a hero was mentally broken by Magnetoīs memories of WWII and losing his family so he became way more violent, Magneto told him it wasnīt like him to kill people, in the end he defeated Joseph and send him to the Avengers but he killed the people who tried to use Joseph as a tool for their political campaign agaisnīt mutants. I got the sense Magneto wanted to help Joseph and he feels protective over him, he definitely hates when people take advantage of him. One thing is to attack him, another is to use him to attack others.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 05-18-2024 at 01:58 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

I doubt Joseph is showing up anytime soon, if even at all, after we just had clone stuff with Maddie.
    If anything, Stryfe would be the next clone up to bat,

Yes Stryfe definitely will show up in the future with Nathan, Jean and Scott. I donīt think they will bring more clones than that, they have a big enough team and adding more would make it harder to give everybody time to shine or the explain their story.

BANNED

This was posted in the Havok thread, but I think it's kinder for everyone if I ask my question here. What is this scene where Alex hit Lorna so hard that her heart stopped???

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I'm not sure when, in comics, this has -ever- been the case. It's true, Polaris fans are hard on him. But Marvel Comics are not hard on him. At all. I think that might be part of the problem. I'm a fan of Havok (which is why I play in here), but in the Polaris thread, I am VERY hard on him, and that's earned. He hit her so hard her heart stopped. He's called her crazy and been wildly insensitive to her mental state countless times, which is a crime from someone who knows her as well as he's supposed to. Him in a relationship with Polaris has been portrayed, almost universally, as abusive and chauvenistic. Which is why I think he deserves Madelyne, and everything that comes with it.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    This was posted in the Havok thread, but I think it's kinder for everyone if I ask my question here. What is this scene where Alex hit Lorna so hard that her heart stopped???
    X-Factor wasn’t selling much after PAD left in 1993. Even though I felt writers after PAD had a superior Lorna and actually a better take on a relationship I am not a fan of (Havolaris) it wasn’t selling. I am of the opinion it was both the comic book bubble bursting and fans buying for PAD’s witty pen more then anything else.

Anyway Havok starts (implied) sleeping with Fatale and decides to with Dark Beast make a Brotherhood team.

Long story short they were trying to spice up Havok and Lorna’s soap and get fans back to the ship along with dealing with the horrible sales of X-Factor.

Do I hold this against Havok? Not really. Do I hold it against Havolaris as a ship? Not really either.

The ship is flawed because Havok needs to find himself, believe in himself, and be his own man and prove himself to himself. Lorna needs to find her goal and mission that isn’t the man in her life.

The violent turn to Havolaris didn’t save sales and X-Factor died and Havok left for the Mutant X universe and Lorna left for the Acolytes. Here was Havok dropped into the Mutant X universe in Mutant X #10 in 1999.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-18-2024 at 02:19 PM.

My take on what happened was the bullpen as it was called back then was looking back to 1960s ideas to save Lorna’s character and the Havolaris soap.

Though I think they missed the big idea and didn’t understand what was necessary to save the ship was more internal to Havok’s writing and the foundations of the ship.

Anyway. I won’t bore you with the details, but the idea of using Magneto and ultra violence to spice up the Havolaris ship/conflict predated the 2000s.

The big thing needed to save Lorna and Havok for that matter is having a greater goal to fight for and believe in and not just being diet Jott of the B or C list.

2006-2011 was the last long period they try tried doing the diet Jott thing without having a bigger goal both of them believed in. Alex’s family squabbles do not count. And guess what it didn’t work yet again.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-18-2024 at 02:33 PM.

BANNED

X-Factor wasn’t selling much after PAD left in 1993. Even though I felt writers after PAD had a superior Lorna and actually a better take on a relationship I am not a fan of (Havolaris) it wasn’t selling. I am of the opinion it was both the comic book bubble bursting and fans buying for PAD’s witty pen more then anything else.

Anyway Havok starts (implied) sleeping with Fatale and decides to with Dark Beast make a Brotherhood team.

Long story short they were trying to spice up Havok and Lorna’s soap and get fans back to the ship along with dealing with the horrible sales of X-Factor.

Do I hold this against Havok? Not really. Do I hold it against Havolaris as a ship? Not really either.

The ship is flawed because Havok needs to find himself, believe in himself, and be his own man and prove himself to himself. Lorna needs to find her goal and mission that isn’t the man in her life.

The violent turn to Havolaris didn’t save sales and X-Factor died and Havok left for the Mutant X universe and Lorna left for the Acolytes. Here was Havok dropped into the Mutant X universe in Mutant X #10 in 1999.

Thanks for confirming. This era, when Alex joined the Brotherhood, is mostly a blindspot for me so not surprised to learn this moment happened here. At least he's brainwashed. I was afraid he did this in his right mind during one of the times Lorna was brainwashed and he was fighting against her. I can just imagine his thought bubbles on how she betrayed him and he was forced to do this to her, so at least this isn't quite that.

Though I think they missed the big idea and didn’t understand what was necessary to save the ship was more internal to Havok’s writing and the foundations of the ship.

Anyway. I won’t bore you with the details, but the idea of using Magneto and ultra violence to spice up the Havolaris ship/conflict predated the 2000s.

The big thing needed to save Lorna and Havok for that matter is having a greater goal to fight for and believe in and not just being diet Jott of the B or C list.
    When Lorna was confirmed as Magneto's daughter in Mutant X, was this before or after she was being called his heir in 616?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Thanks for confirming. This era, when Alex joined the Brotherhood, is mostly a blindspot for me so not surprised to learn this moment happened here. At least he's brainwashed. I was afraid he did this in his right mind during one of the times Lorna was brainwashed and he was fighting against her. I can just imagine his thought bubbles on how she betrayed him and he was forced to do this to her, so at least this isn't quite that.
    It was reveled to be more complicated then a straight brainwashing and he was under cover trying to win over Dark Beast or something. I honestly don’t care one way or another. The big idea was it was forced conflict to draw back readers because the ship wasn’t selling comics.

When Lorna was confirmed as Magneto's daughter in Mutant X, was this before or after she was being called his heir in 616?
    Much earlier. She was confirmed to be his daughter in Mutant X #1/2 in 1998 and she died in 2001 in Mutant X 32.

In the 616 she left for Genosha in the start of 2000. The island was destroyed and she was calling him dad there in New X-Men 132 in 2002. In late 2003 Austen did the DnA text/back up story to Genosha where we learn he left the island to her.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-18-2024 at 02:52 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really hope and want to see Polaris in an X-book.

I was also thinking (since my hopes for her in The Avengers were all for nought) she could be a regular in Scarlet Witch's book. Red and Green: The Scarlet Witch and Polaris.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-18-2024 at 02:51 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I really hope and want to see Polaris in an X-book.

I was also thinking (since my hopes for her in The Avengers were all for nought) she could be a regular in Scarlet Witch's book. Red and Green: The Scarlet Witch and Polaris.
    She could be part of a floating team on a number of books on and off. The last time she did that was 24 years ago, before even this outfit.

Beautiful Lorna artwork by Arthur Sudan. Loving the energy hair effect here. What costume is that she's wearing though? Looks a bit like a purple version of her modern classic green suit.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Beautiful Lorna artwork by Arthur Sudan. Loving the energy hair effect here. What costume is that she's wearing though? Looks a bit like a purple version of her modern classic green suit.
    It's her final 90s X-Factor costume she wore before she left for Genosha to become an Acolyte.

Only colored purple. I can't explain the purple coloring decision only that was also what her other artists on that Upper Deck card set did as well even to her 60s outfit. Then again it was 2005 and purple was historically the color of royalty.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-18-2024 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks. I can see it now. Love Lorna in purple, but odd choice to recolor so.

It's her final 90s X-Factor costume she wore before she left for Genosha to become an Acolyte.

Only colored purple. I can't explain the purple coloring decision only that was also what her other artists on that Upper Deck card set did as well even to her 60s outfit. Then again it was 2005 and purple was historically the color of royalty.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.