Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast

I really don't know who wi can blame..all Jhons Ghosts comics are in time. 3 monthly books..So..

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    #12 has been solicited. How do they expect that to release in August if #10 isn't out until July?
    Perhaps you don’t remember the Doomsday Clock solicits. It’s Johns at DC… this is standard.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    I really don't know who wi can blame..all Jhons Ghosts comics are in time. 3 monthly books..So..

I think that explains why JSA is late. Johns is sacrificing his DC work to make sure Ghost comics are on time.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Then he should be told to get it done, or allow someone else to do the script from his notes (like Dan Slott on Iron Man a few years ago, some issues had a second writer credited because he was struggling to get that, Silver Surfer, and the double shipping Amazing Spider-Man done in time).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am praying once we get issue #12 DC will announce a new writer down the line and give us a ongoing JSA series. There is so much potential.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    I am praying once we get issue #12 DC will announce a new writer down the line and give us a ongoing JSA series. There is so much potential.
    I'm hoping that they've already picked a creative team and that they are currently working on books so they can hit the ground running. Enough is enough.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think what DC should do with the current JSA book is have the new writer take over with issue #10 and then have the remaining 3 issues of Geoff's run collected in an Annual or Special like DC did with Alan Heinberg's Wonder Woman when he got massively behind in the mid-2000s.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think what DC should do with the current JSA book is have the new writer take over with issue #10 and then have the remaining 3 issues of Geoff's run collected in an Annual or Special like DC did with Alan Heinberg's Wonder Woman when he got massively behind in the mid-2000s.
    I'd be down with that especially considering the rate of delays at this point. #10 is now pushed back to July which gives me little hope that we'll see #12 before 2025.

JSA 0.jpgLooks like They're going to fight the LSH before everything comes to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    JSA 0.jpgLooks like They're going to fight the LSH before everything comes to an end.
    The Pre-New 52 Legion? A little surprised to see them again not going to lie.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The Pre-New 52 Legion? A little surprised to see them again not going to lie.
    Johns has had Legion plans going back to DClock before Bendis took the group over. My guess is whatever he wanted then, he will try to take care of now.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Well, good.

The book clearly didn't have enough characters

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Johns has had Legion plans going back to DClock before Bendis took the group over. My guess is whatever he wanted then, he will try to take care of now.
    And add to that the Bendisboot was a dismal creative failure. Going back to pre-52 is the only way to save the Legion franchise at this point. (And thank God!)

Incredible Member

I'll be curious to see if #12 comes out any quicker with Nauck doing the art instead of Janin.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    And add to that the Bendisboot was a dismal creative failure. Going back to pre-52 is the only way to save the Legion franchise at this point. (And thank God!)
    Personally I don't feel that the Bendis Legion was a CREATIVE failure. I think it was definitely a financial failure for DC. Creatively it did not reach it's potential and I blame Bendis for that. Sook however killed it on every level. Even though I loved the Bendis Legion I'd be fine if the Retroboot Legion comes back to be the main Legion. I still say the Legion should find out that the Time Trapper has been messing with the Bendis Legion's timeline and that they aren't who they think they are. That they are really from a 1,000 years in the future of the Retroboot team. That they were originally inspired by the classic team and at some point Time Trapper made them forget for some reason.