Page 155 of 202 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3023
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

But they were clones. Brevoort doesn't like the Krakoan era at all and he's been pretty vocal about it. As a Cyclops fan, it's a good sign because unlike you, I gave up on the character for five years. Now things are finally looking good.

spoilers:
    Also there are leaks that say most of the X-Men die in Fall of the House of X #5 and are resurrected by Phoenix. That way they can bring back the real versions of the characters once again. Although Cyclops is probably the only one that doesn't die and is saved in time by Jean, I'm not excepting him to act OOC anymore like he did in the Krakoan era.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-18-2024 at 06:39 PM.

Scott didn't get anything from the Krakoa era, there's no point in acknowledging Krakoa when it comes to his character, I'd prefer if he acts like it never existed. I understand that this era was good for some characters but Scott is not one of them, if anything they regressed his character and made him way less important than he was in other eras.

I'd like to see a mini about Scott's childhood/past, it's been a while since it was explored and we need a retelling of it because most fans only know that he was an orphan, I think that there's a lot of potential with Sinister's experiments and abuse and Jack Winters.

Cyclops and Beast were the true of casualties of the Krakoan era. It'll take years if not decades for them to recover in comics. Unless they ignore most of the Krakoan era which is hopefully going to be the case.

Beast's treatment was much worse imo and it comes from even before Krakoa, I think the clone is a good solution and an easy way to just ignore Percy's mess.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Beast's treatment was much worse imo and it comes from even before Krakoa, I think the clone is a good solution and an easy way to just ignore Percy's mess.
    Percyverse should be ignored. Every single character that appeared in his books were acting out of character. He was mostly ignored by the Krakoan writers themselves, so I don't see them acknowledge his character assassinations in the new era.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    I'd like to see a mini about Scott's childhood/past, it's been a while since it was explored and we need a retelling of it because most fans only know that he was an orphan, I think that there's a lot of potential with Sinister's experiments and abuse and Jack Winters.
    I don't have any hopes of Scott getting his own series. We have Jed's book, that should be fine for now.

What Krakoa did to Cyclops was a combination of both deliberate characters assassination attempted by JDW and total character regression planned by Hickman.
    They were both successful in turning Cyclops into one of the most uninteresting, boring and unlikable characters ever.
    Duggan also further contributed to the cause by turning Cyke into an incompetent leader that had to be emasculated by Jean 24/7.
    There's not a single good thing about how Scott was treated in the past five years. Anyone who says otherwise probably hates Cyclops' guts or is deluding themselves.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-18-2024 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    What Krakoa did to Cyclops was a combination of both deliberate characters assassination attempted by JDW and total character regression planned by Hickman.
    They were both successful in turning Cyclops into one of the most uninteresting, boring and unlikable characters ever.
    Duggan also further contributed to the cause by turning Cyke into an incompetent leader that had to be emasculated by Jean 24/7.
    There's not a single good thing about how Scott was treated in the past five years. Anyone who says otherwise probably hates Cyclops' guts or is deluding themselves.
    Scott had some good moments in Krakoa, but he never had multiple moments strung together, and most of his good moments were as a supporting character rather than a leading one. This wouldn't be overly damaging in a vacuum, but it was on the heels of the absolute worst time for him of all.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I really don't think they hated Cyclops, imo they just didn't had that much interest on the character. There was clearly characters that were considered priorities by editorial and others that were adopted by writers, Cyclops just wasn't one of them.
    I think is possible that was some conscious decision to move the character to the background for a while, but ultimately the writers just wanted to focus on other mutants.

If we take everything into consideration, Cyclops isn't much damaged by Krakoa, if he was damaged. The stuff that happened to him is pretty easy to ignore if the writer chose to, unlike what happened to Xavier or Beast.

Now, apparently the next big threat will be Orchis related, so they won't be putting Krakoa completely in the past, but I hope it's just the first arc and soon X-Men move on to new and more exciting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Scott had some good moments in Krakoa, but he never had multiple moments strung together, and most of his good moments were as a supporting character rather than a leading one. This wouldn't be overly damaging in a vacuum, but it was on the heels of the absolute worst time for him of all.
    He was used by Hackman to set up his sandbox.
    He was used by Duggan to prop up Jean, someone whom he has not had a functional and genuine relationship with since the Eve of Destruction event and that was 24 years ago.
    For me Krakoan era was worse than Tyke era and on par with how Fox handled him in the movies.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 05-18-2024 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I really don't think they hated Cyclops, imo they just didn't had that much interest on the character. There was clearly characters that were considered priorities by editorial and others that were adopted by writers, Cyclops just wasn't one of them.
    I think is possible that was some conscious decision to move the character to the background for a while, but ultimately the writers just wanted to focus on other mutants.

If we take everything into consideration, Cyclops isn't much damaged by Krakoa, if he was damaged. The stuff that happened to him is pretty easy to ignore if the writer chose to, unlike what happened to Xavier or Beast.

Now, apparently the next big threat will be Orchis related, so they won't be putting Krakoa completely in the past, but I hope it's just the first arc and soon X-Men move on to new and more exciting things.
    They did hate Cyclops. Or at the very least, JDW, Orlando and Percy did. Hickman didn't give a damn about him, and to Duggan he was just a plot device to validate his favorites.

I'm not interested in a villain rising out of the ashes of Orchis. I'm waiting for the next arc of the book more than anything else.

Also the problem with Jed Mackay is that he's interested in digging in the past lore. Someone should tell him that you're not Grant Morrison or Geoff Johns and Marvel is not DC which has a huge mythos that was established in the silver age.

Cyclops being so unimportant during Krakoa was so weird and such shit writing, he was mutantkind’s leader before this experiment, and was the most important character for like 15 years straight, how do you go from that to being completely irrelevant? All his opps are part of the government and we never see his opinion? He doesn’t have a say in anything? What happened to all his character development?

What they could’ve done to his character during this era if they didn’t want to make him important to Krakoa is just have him not be part of it at all, say that Xavier offered him a seat on the council but when he learned that Apocalypse, Sinister, etc would be allowed on Krakoa and also have a seat, he was so disgusted that he decided to not be part of it at all.

I don’t get the justification some people give for Scott being so irrelevant and ooc.

“He’s finally at peace and wants to enjoy time with his family”

Scott Summers would not be at peace knowing that fucking Sinister and Apocalypse are part of the government of Krakoa.