Page 133 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2290
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That was her stabbing by Moira at the HFG. She was later stabbed by Mother Righteous in the WHR in the Immortal X-men finale

Attachment 139600

She wanted to kill Jean once and for good so that her blood could be used to power MR up as a Dominion. Its why the Phoenix was bleeding out and dying
    I thought Mother Righteous was a nickname for Moira lol based on her mention here. Didn't realize there was a completely different character given that name. So if Moira killed Jean, how was she alive again for Mother Righteous to kill her?

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I thought Mother Righteous was a nickname for Moira lol based on her mention here. Didn't realize there was a completely different character given that name. So if Moira killed Jean, how was she alive again for Mother Righteous to kill her?
    LOL...nah Mother Righteous has been around for a couple of years now and was a major figure in Sins of Sinister and Immortal X-men.

Jean wasnt exactly alive but she was in the WHR, where she tends to go when she dies. Gillen's completely done alot of new things with that that hasnt been capable before such as MR even being able to access it the way she has.

My take...when Jean's physical body dies, her soul goes to the WHR until its time for her to make her return. "Killing" her there broke the life/death cycle she has with the Phoenix and made it vulnerable to now die itself bc Jean finally accepted that they were one in her mini.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...nah Mother Righteous has been around for a couple of years now and was a major figure in Sins of Sinister and Immortal X-men.

Jean wasnt exactly alive but she was in the WHR, where she tends to go when she dies. Gillen's completely done alot of new things with that that hasnt been capable before such as MR even being able to access it the way she has.

My take...when Jean's physical body dies, her soul goes to the WHR until its time for her to make her return. "Killing" her there broke the life/death cycle she has with the Phoenix and made it vulnerable to now die itself bc Jean finally accepted that they were one in her mini.
    That explains it. One of my blindspots from more or less ignoring this recent era.

I didn't even realize it was possible to kill Jean in the WHR let alone for a non-Phoenix host like MR to be able to access it.

That makes sense to me. Killing her in the WHR would break the cycle because it's not supposed to be possible. Setting up all the recent Phoenix stuff with Jean more or less creating the Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Yes she did project herself. Which is why I was arguing with Havok. They say it didn't happen I'm saying it really did happen because she was listed as the characters who appeared in that book and one shouldn't be looking for consistency in the Fall of X.
    Oh I see, I read that post now. I think it was Jean projecting herself. Her miniseries proved she's been conscious enough to be capable of doing some stuff.
    I agree with both of you. To paraphrase Claremont, as one aspect of Jean—a multitudinous being if there ever was one—was fragmented and dying, another aspect of her reached out with all her heart to Scott to comfort him, herself, or, perhaps, both of them. This notion that she's had no agency when, in reality, she made it possible for Hope and Exodus to bypass the White Hot Room's safeguards by imbuing the former with her fire (Hope admits as much in X-Men Forever #2) and has been in what amounts to a meditative state, repeating the mantra "NowAndForeverNowAndForever" throughout, is puzzling.

In fact, Simonson's Jean Grey implied that she was safeguarding Phoenix deep within her own psyche or being since the two are inseparable. One can even argue that this is what prevented the White Hot Room—the heart and home of Jean and Phoenix and the center of all creation—from imploding. She may not have been obviously active, but readers with basic knowledge of Phoenix, the White Hot Room, and spiritual or metaphysical concepts and states should recognize that she was operating on a level that transcends mortal actions and communication. After all, she never truly died. Even after Mother Righteous stabbed her, she continued repeating her mantra, as if by doing so she was holding everything together.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

In other news, I started a thread on Twitter some days ago centered on Jean's journey from Messiah Complex onward. I'm still adding to it, but it's received some positive responses.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...52558869623206

The first post reads and includes the following four pages/panels:

She gave life to herself before birthing life and gave life to countless others before creating life in another. 🤌🏻🔥

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    In other news, I started a thread on Twitter some days ago centered on Jean's journey from Messiah Complex onward. I'm still adding to it, but it's received some positive responses.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...52558869623206

The first post reads and includes the following four pages/panels:

Didn't Beau retweet one of your tweets the other day?

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I agree with both of you. To paraphrase Claremont, as one aspect of Jean—a multitudinous being if there ever was one—was fragmented and dying, another aspect of her reached out with all her heart to Scott to comfort him, herself, or, perhaps, both of them. This notion that she's had no agency when, in reality, she made it possible for Hope and Exodus to bypass the White Hot Room's safeguards by imbuing the former with her fire (Hope admits as much in X-Men Forever #2) and has been in what amounts to a meditative state, repeating the mantra "NowAndForeverNowAndForever" throughout, is puzzling.

In fact, Simonson's Jean Grey implied that she was safeguarding Phoenix deep within her own psyche or being since the two are inseparable. One can even argue that this is what prevented the White Hot Room—the heart and home of Jean and Phoenix and the center of all creation—from imploding. She may not have been obviously active, but readers with basic knowledge of Phoenix, the White Hot Room, and spiritual or metaphysical concepts and states should recognize that she was operating on a level that transcends mortal actions and communication. After all, she never truly died. Even after Mother Righteous stabbed her, she continued repeating her mantra, as if by doing so she was holding everything together.

What issue is that panel from? I don't recall

Didn't Beau retweet one of your tweets the other day?
    Yes! Are you on Twitter? I'd love to add you to a private group chat. (Anyone else who wants to join, hit me up at @jean_red_grey). I few CBR members are in it.

BANNED

Yes! Are you on Twitter? I'd love to add you to a private group chat. (Anyone else who wants to join, hit me up at @jean_red_grey). I few CBR members are in it.
    Yes, I follow you already. I've love to join though! I'll reach out to you through my Twitter.

BANNED

How can you not remember such a seminal issue about Scott and Jean? Their first ever meeting in fact, long before they physically met.

Classic X-Men #42. It featured Scott's origin and Claremont's original intentions for Sinister/Nathan.

I just saw your response. It's from the Classic X-Men #42 (1989) backstory by Claremont, "When Dreams Are Dust."

Yes, I follow you already. I've love to join though! I'll reach out to you through my Twitter.
    Great!

How can you not remember such a seminal issue about Scott and Jean? Their first ever meeting in fact, long before they physically met.

Classic X-Men #42. It featured Scott's origin and Claremont's original intentions for Sinister/Nathan.
    I was just coming here to post that!

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Thank you my friend
    It's probably because I don't have any fond memories of Claremont

With the current revelation about Hope, what do people think about Firehair, the Phoenix of 1,000,000 BC? She obviously looks like Jean. You think Jean created her too? I noticed that in XMF4, Louise refers to Jean as "fiery hair" and I wonder if that was Gillens' way of acknowledging Firehair without being direct

BANNED

Thank you my friend
    It's probably because I don't have any fond memories of Claremont
    I still say that's a really big mistake. Whatever CC says about Scott in real life, his writing for him on-panel has never let Scott down (minus the Lee Forrester nonsense that upset people even back in the 80s). I know people were upset about CC's X-Men Forever portrayal, but lack of Jott aside, Claremont did a really good job of characterizing him there too.