Page 157 of 202 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3023
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    That's because of his being in a wheelchair so he couldn't take an active role. Notice he does became an active member when he's in his clone body after the Brood Saga. And if you re-read the Silver Age, you'll notice Xavier was most frequently involved on missions with the team compared to later eras (particularly the Claremont era). You can even tell by looking at those early Silver Age covers where he's basically always pictured with the rest of the team. I don't think anyone would not consider Xavier an X-Man.

The panel here confirms he's the leader of the X-Men.

Also here, where it's described as Juggernaut approaching Xavier and "the other X-Men." Other meaning Xavier is also one.

And here Xavier says "we X-Men..."
    Maybe that was the case in the Silver Age but Scott's been hailed as the first X-Man for a long time.
    Xavier is like Splinter. He's the teacher but not part of the TMNT. Also we use the term O5, not O6.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Maybe that was the case in the Silver Age but Scott's been hailed as the first X-Man for a long time.
    Xavier is like Splinter. He's the teacher but not part of the TMNT. Also we use the term O5, not O6.
    He's Xavier's first X-Man but I don't consider him the first X-Man ever because that would be Xavier. Same reason why this Wiki page on list of X-Men members lists Xavier's name first. Or the Marvel encyclopedias always list Xavier as a member of the team in the X-Men entry.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-Men_members

O5 is referencing Xavier's First Class of mutants. Xavier is not a student and thus not part of the first class.

He's Xavier's first X-Man but I don't consider him the first X-Man ever because that would be Xavier. Same reason why this Wiki page on list of X-Men members lists Xavier's name first. Or the Marvel encyclopedias always list Xavier as a member of the team in the X-Men entry.

O5 is referencing Xavier's First Class of mutants. Xavier is not a student and thus not part of the first class.
    I checked it. Cyclops has been called the first X-Man since 1968.

BANNED

I checked it. Cyclops has been called the first X-Man since 1968.
    Because he's the first X-Man in the active sense. Xavier founded the X-Men because of the existence of evil mutants and threats which he couldn't combat since he himself was crippled. But Xavier, to be the founder and leader of the team, would have to be an X-Man himself.

Because he's the first X-Man in the active sense. Xavier founded the X-Men because of the existence of evil mutants and threats which he couldn't combat since he himself was crippled. But Xavier, to be the founder and leader of the team, would have to be an X-Man himself.
    As I said it's more like the TMNT situation. Splinter is the founder and teacher, while Leonardo is the first ninja turtle

BANNED

As I said it's more like the TMNT situation. Splinter is the founder and teacher, while Leonardo is the first ninja turtle
    I'm not super familiar with TMNT. I'm fine with Scott being characterized as the first X-Man as long as Xavier is acknowledged as also being an X-Man and the team's founder/leader.

I'm not super familiar with TMNT. I'm fine with Scott being characterized as the first X-Man as long as Xavier is acknowledged as also being an X-Man and the team's founder/leader.
    Xavier is the founder of the X-Men
    Cyclops is the first X-Man
    Jean Grey is the first student

BANNED

Xavier is the founder of the X-Men
    Cyclops is the first X-Man
    Jean Grey is the first student
    And Jean has a very long history with Xavier and Moira that's still unknown to most. CC planned on writing a series about Xavier's early days before founding the X-Men that dived into this along with all the adventures he shared with Moira and Jean. They were the original X-Trio. I think Jean told Cable that even Scott wasn't familiar with most of what went on during this time.

And Jean has a very long history with Xavier and Moira that's still unknown to most. CC planned on writing a series about Xavier's early days before founding the X-Men that dived into this along with all the adventures he shared with Moira and Jean. They were the original X-Trio. I think Jean told Cable that even Scott wasn't familiar with most of what went on during this time.
    And now Moira is a killing robot and Xavier is a mutant supremacist lol.
    What have they done to them...

And Wolverine and Sabretooth are the founders of the X-men. So any retcon, unpublished plan, or new retro-continuity project should not be taken seriously.

images (31).jpg
    Last edited by AJ.j1n0u; 05-18-2024 at 11:18 PM.

BANNED

Another reason I disregard 21st century X-Men outside of a few select things.

Posting this here because it's such a definitive Scott issue and clearly needs more exposure outside of the Spidey thread I posted it in. This is actually one of my favorite Cyclops issues, deep-diving into his time at the orphanage with Nathan.

UGH, they spelled Havok wrong. Its with a K, not C!

BANNED

Something I've always found interesting that even in this era, pre-retcon, Phoenix was characterized as her own separate team member compared to Jean/Marvel Girl. It can't be just a codename thing either since Kitty is there as Ariel but not Sprite.

BANNED

I'm also someone who preferred this initial characterization of Sinister as per CC's original concept for him. A fellow child obsessed with Scott and willing to make sure that nobody else ever came close to him. It doesn't quite gel with the revelations that Scott was bullied by a boy named Nathan in the orphanage, since here, Nathan was his only friend and fiercely protective of him to the point of getting rid of anyone who hurt Scott. I do wish CC had given us more insight about what was behind Nathan's obsession because it comes across as beyond genetics. For the same reason that Nathan had zero interest in Alex. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Nathan was in love with Scott but we know CC planned on making him have relationships with Rogue and Kitty as Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ.j1n0u View Post
    And Wolverine and Sabretooth are the founders of the X-men. So any retcon, unpublished plan, or new retro-continuity project should not be taken seriously.

images (31).jpg
    Never let Neal Adams write a comic book.