Incredible Member

Default All For One (My Hero Academia) vs Father (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood)

All For One is at the peak of his physical condition and power. Father has his full strength prior to absorbing God. Arena fight. Who wins?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    All For One is at the peak of his physical condition and power. Father has his full strength prior to absorbing God. Arena fight. Who wins?
    I could see Father getting All For One to absorb him, then taking him over from the inside.

Ultimate Member

How strong was Father before absorbing God now again? I remember him doing alchemy basically by just thinking, and only Hoenheim provided any kind of challenge. But no real details.

AFO was generally fine just getting smacked around and through buildings by All Might, even United States of Smash only knocked him out. And he could dish out blasts that tore through multiple skyscrapers. Does he get the bit of Eri's quirk that allowed him to revert to his younger more powerful self?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    How strong was Father before absorbing God now again? I remember him doing alchemy basically by just thinking, and only Hoenheim provided any kind of challenge. But no real details.

AFO was generally fine just getting smacked around and through buildings by All Might, even United States of Smash only knocked him out. And he could dish out blasts that tore through multiple skyscrapers. Does he get the bit of Eri's quirk that allowed him to revert to his younger more powerful self?
    Father's only real limits as I recall was the amount of energy he had within him. He could warp matter around him at will, block any attack with energy shields and fire an energy blast of any strength. The entire military pretty much opened up on him at the end and it wasn't even causing him any real stress.

Ultimate Member

Father's only real limits as I recall was the amount of energy he had within him. He could warp matter around him at will, block any attack with energy shields and fire an energy blast of any strength. The entire military pretty much opened up on him at the end and it wasn't even causing him any real stress.
    Both of those statements fall under the no limits fallacy. Especially considering that this is supposed to be Father before absorbing God. Even after doing he was eventually overwhelmed by the heroes constant assault. So they do punch through his shield, and he never actually does much with his energy manipulation.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 05-20-2024 at 01:39 AM.

Most of the feats you're describing are Post-absorption of God/Truth. And specifically, the version that lost the half a billion souls he needed to keep God in check. And he was rapidl using up his Philosopher's stone energy the more he expended himself, whether it was defending, attacking, healing; all while trying to keep God from breaking out of his body. But I digress, we're talking about Father in his pure Homunculus form.

In that state, his body is completely amorphous, so trying to physically damage him is going to be the major issue for AFO on top of his regeneration. AFO frankly has the edge over him in terms of raw power and diversity with his Quirks, but Father might win in a battle of attrition if he can exhaust AFO by forcing him to repeatedly use his Quirks while he regenerates.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Most of the feats you're describing are Post-absorption of God/Truth. And specifically, the version that lost the half a billion souls he needed to keep God in check. And he was rapidl using up his Philosopher's stone energy the more he expended himself, whether it was defending, attacking, healing; all while trying to keep God from breaking out of his body. But I digress, we're talking about Father in his pure Homunculus form.

In that state, his body is completely amorphous, so trying to physically damage him is going to be the major issue for AFO on top of his regeneration. AFO frankly has the edge over him in terms of raw power and diversity with his Quirks, but Father might win in a battle of attrition if he can exhaust AFO by forcing him to repeatedly use his Quirks while he regenerates.
    Do you think AFO could win via ten count by pinning down Father with continuous blasts?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Do you think AFO could win via ten count by pinning down Father with continuous blasts?
    Considering that Father can melt into the ground at will, AFO is going to have to do waay better than that for a 10 count.

Ultimate Member

Considering that Father can melt into the ground at will, AFO is going to have to do waay better than that for a 10 count.
    Then I guess he eventually wears himself out against the borderline immortal version of Father, who can't win any other way.

Hoenstly, a fight against Father he'd absorbed God might be more interesting.