Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1439
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Interesting short interview with Jake Castorena discussing how they were trying to figure out exactly how to kill off Gambit in X-Men 97 and had multiple version. The first was letting Gambit punch out being cool a la Spike Spiegel’s “bang.” The 2nd was more romantically tragic, Nightcrawler bamfs down to Rogue who is holding & stroking Gambit’s charred corpse going “it’s fine, he’s gonna light up again!” The third version is the one we got, a mix of the first two.

https://youtu.be/NgYHm-XkYNk?si=VAE8AvDVTSE2kHDh

Castorena speaks with a lot of love for Gambit and also has a bust & a figurine of him in the background bookshelf during this interview you can spy.

This is wonderful, but I also want a pov vid of that Agent M jerk from Marvel online silently fuming, chewing a cud of fury, while Gambit is the MVP BAMF of the whole season and the show’s creatives rave about what an awesome character Remy is. Then I’ll feel like I’ve come full circle from this time last year, and can dance to the tune of Age of Aquarius with fuchsia and black colored streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Interesting short interview with Jake Castorena discussing how they were trying to figure out exactly how to kill off Gambit in X-Men 97 and had multiple version. The first was letting Gambit punch out being cool a la Spike Spiegel’s “bang.” The 2nd was more romantically tragic, Nightcrawler bamfs down to Rogue who is holding & stroking Gambit’s charred corpse going “it’s fine, he’s gonna light up again!” The third version is the one we got, a mix of the first two.

Castorena speaks with a lot of love for Gambit and also has a bust & a figurine of him in the background bookshelf during this interview you can spy.
    Thanks for sharing! Really good interview. Jake really loves Gambit and talks a lot about him even he wasn't asked exactly about Gambit. He is a fan.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-19-2024 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    This is wonderful, but I also want a pov vid of that Agent M jerk from Marvel online silently fuming, chewing a cud of fury, while Gambit is the MVP BAMF of the whole season and the show’s creatives rave about what an awesome character Remy is. Then I’ll feel like I’ve come full circle from this time last year, and can dance to the tune of Age of Aquarius with fuchsia and black colored streamers.
    Hitting him with a Remy toy repeating who the loser now eh?l

Who needs to sleep in the boathouse now, sir? Who indeed?

Also, have some mildly NSFW fanart: https://x.com/kaydeefoxx/status/1792033355195617408
    Last edited by DearMachine; 05-19-2024 at 10:30 AM.

Despite the things that frustrated me about 97, I DO fully appreciate how much respect they put on Gambit's name on this show. Seeing him in action with this more anime aesthetic is truly a thing of beauty and conveys the way he was written in the comics perfectly. The speed, the agility, the precision, and the almost nonchalant way he pulls it off ... this has made Remy immensely more cool than probably any medium he's been portrayed in. I love that they had that Spike Spiegel comparison, too. They're so crazy similar as characters. "Bang, you dead." Would have been a crazy good finishing line too. Though I do agree the one they chose was a better fit being referential to XTAS rather than comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    OMG YES!!!!! There was a small part of me internally screaming "Suck it, Agent M!" after episode 5. Gambit fan vindication. He's the ultimate selfless hero here.

This show just made Remy cooler than Cyke, Wolvie or Mags.

It would be a dream come true if this brings about that Gambit movie or series that has been teased for decades.

I'm still frustrated about losing him halfway through the season and Rogue's portrayal. I'm still annoyed by the Rogneto of it all. I feel we are owed some major repairs to their relationship and to Rogue as a character. And I hope we don't get strung along forever to see these things happen. Been there, done that. Got the T-shirt. But I suppose we have to make the new generation feel our suffering now too. *sighs* Yeah yeah here we go AGAIN with Deathbit and Sinister and UGHHHH.
    I need to see Rogue REALLY fight for him and really show him her love and dedication. Remy has done all the heavy lifting, again.

But more importantly, I need Uncanny from Gail so much to remind me they're going to be ok.

Again, ready for all the teen and 20 something readers who only have seen 97 having their minds blown by happily married Romy when they pick this up. Perhaps the same way X-Men #24 made my teen brain go ... whooaaaa, they're DATING?!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I need to see Rogue REALLY fight for him and really show him her love and dedication. Remy has done all the heavy lifting, again.
    yep, just like in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Who needs to sleep in the boathouse now, sir? Who indeed?
    OMG YES!!!!! There was a small part of me internally screaming "Suck it, Agent M!" after episode 5. Gambit fan vindication. He's the ultimate selfless hero here.

Amazing Member

Watched the interview off the other persons involved in the production it's clear with Demayo doesn't like Gambit and he is taking off the front off the series for the complete the story off Rogue. behind the mutual praise(fake) of their teammates, I imagine with the chaos of the production, explain becouse DeMayo is fired. It's clear for me with the other producers, storybords and creative they like Gambit and the Romy's relationship. I imagine that the last steps of the season were modified, like past and future apocalypse and DeathGambit.

It's clear that DeMayo wanted Onslaught to give Magneto more prominence.

In this time, I thought its a glorius DeMayo doesn't come back

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post
    Watched the interview off the other persons involved in the production it's clear with Demayo doesn't like Gambit and he is taking off the front off the series for the complete the story off Rogue. behind the mutual praise(fake) of their teammates, I imagine with the chaos of the production, explain becouse DeMayo is fired. It's clear for me with the other producers, storybords and creative they like Gambit and the Romy's relationship. I imagine that the last steps of the season were modified, like past and future apocalypse and DeathGambit.

It's clear that DeMayo wanted Onslaught to give Magneto more prominence.

In this time, I thought its a glorius DeMayo doesn't come back
    I think the ending is pure DeMayo with his favorite Magneto saving the day, so I don't think he wanted Onslaught to happen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzz View Post
    I think the ending is pure DeMayo with his favorite Magneto saving the day, so I don't think he wanted Onslaught to happen.
    I agree it's demayo but I feel like other stuff was studio injected. I feel like the cameos were feige ordered

Spectacular Member

Again, ready for all the teen and 20 something readers who only have seen 97 having their minds blown by happily married Romy when they pick this up. Perhaps the same way X-Men #24 made my teen brain go ... whooaaaa, they're DATING?!
    I did see someone posted (sounds like they were a new reader) loving how gentle caring husband Remy is to Rogue in Mr and Mrs X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9nUVtvt8YE&t=24s

Someone did a summary for the new fans. I just remember Marvel one uppping DC cuz Catwoman and Batman didn't get their wedding. And the announcement was so big it landed in New York Times.

Haha. My first issue was X-Men #41. It was a rapid whiplash from "OMG, they're kissing, but the world is ending?????" to "Why is Rogue married to Magneto? And why do they have a kid? I hate this!!"

Teen me had good sense.

Also, I find it hilarious that someone may have their wedding spoiled by a make-up bag. Anna Marie WHAT?

Spectacular Member

Haha. My first issue was X-Men #41. It was a rapid whiplash from "OMG, they're kissing, but the world is ending?????" to "Why is Rogue married to Magneto? And why do they have a kid? I hate this!!"

Teen me had good sense.

Also, I find it hilarious that someone may have their wedding spoiled by a make-up bag. Anna Marie WHAT?
    LOL! Yes like a bridal shower for a new fan... The items are sold at heroesandvillains.com and lids.com also I think
    Last edited by smokey78; 05-19-2024 at 03:22 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    I did see someone posted (sounds like they were a new reader) loving how gentle caring husband Remy is to Rogue in Mr and Mrs X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9nUVtvt8YE&t=24s

Someone did a summary for the new fans. I just remember Marvel one uppping DC cuz Catwoman and Batman didn't get their wedding. And the announcement was so big it landed in New York Times.
    Anna Marie and Remy's wedding vows are some of the most beautiful I've seen or read in my entire life.

I read again the X-MEN Gold 30 after watched this video

Teen me had good sense.

Oh lordy, that is a crazy jumping on point. I commend you for sticking with it. Teen me was so wildly confused and angered by AoA because I didn't know it was temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    LOL! Yes like a bridal shower for a new fan... The items are sold at heroesandvillains.com and lids.com also I think
    Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post
    Anna Marie and Remy's wedding vows are some of the most beautiful I've seen or read in my entire life.

I read again the X-MEN Gold 30 after watched this video
    Listen ... if we ACTUALLY get a Rogue & Gambit wedding out of X-Men'97, I just might forgive them for the torture they're putting us through right now. But they better make it GOOD. Especially considering Kurt foreshadowed it right before they killed our boy.

And yeah, I love that it's canon several times over including printed merchandise that she is officially Anna Marie LeBeau.