Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    OMG I'm sorry! I didn't see your post for some reason! I wasn't ignoring your question!

The comic I posted from is on Marvel's subscription service I think, where they have exclusive stories. I can't find the specific title as I don't subscribe to it, but I think it's the Infinity series maybe. I'm having a lot of trouble getting confirmation of it.

And yes, it's nice to see Warren get some love! I've long liked him. Something about a character with wings is just so cool.
    Don't worry Mungho, no harm done.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

Don Perlin (R.I.P.)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

These pages. It was so, so bittersweet that ending.

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Don't worry Mungho, no harm done.
    Oh, maybe I overreacted. I just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them. I hadn't been posting that much because my new job was somewhat stressful at first, but I'm really getting in the swing of things now!

Let's have some more pictures!

“Politics exist to squabble any bit of organization the public can usually muster.” —Beast

Again, no need to worry over stupid things. But I get where you come from, it happens to me too.

Now, returning to Hank. This image is AMAZING. I have a special love for realistic paintings. Not with every character these turn out good (for the artist might pick the wrong model reference, so you don't feel that "that face" works for x or y character. We had a debate on this over the Timeless variant from Ross featuring Warren). But this Beast one is perfection.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Don Perlin (R.I.P.)

As a 'New Defenders' reader that hit pretty hard ;.;. Beast, Angel and Iceman would be a part of X-Factor. Was that intentional? I don't remember if it was even in the planning stages. I don't remember what year this was.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    As a 'New Defenders' reader that hit pretty hard ;.;. Beast, Angel and Iceman would be a part of X-Factor. Was that intentional? I don't remember if it was even in the planning stages. I don't remember what year this was.
    Yeah, it was all planned. They went straight from one series to another, the last issue of Defenders had a scene with Reed Richards unsuccessfully trying to contact them to tell them about Jean being alive but he doesn't manage to tell them until X-Factor#1, which came out the same month.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Yeah, it was all planned. They went straight from one series to another, the last issue of Defenders had a scene with Reed Richards unsuccessfully trying to contact them to tell them about Jean being alive but he doesn't manage to tell them until X-Factor#1, which came out the same month.
    Thank you..

Again, no need to worry over stupid things. But I get where you come from, it happens to me too.

Now, returning to Hank. This image is AMAZING. I have a special love for realistic paintings. Not with every character these turn out good (for the artist might pick the wrong model reference, so you don't feel that "that face" works for x or y character. We had a debate on this over the Timeless variant from Ross featuring Warren). But this Beast one is perfection.
    Oh, I agree! I love the way he's holding the cup with his feet! And the way the sunlight comes through the window, giving the piece a warm feel!

Yes. I kind of think this was reversing their character development in regards to the wider MU. I think Hank, Warren, Bobby, should've grown to be Marvel characters first, not just X-Men. Maybe I'm just soured on how they've been treated (ESPECIALLY Hank) under the various X-writers since then.
    “Politics exist to squabble any bit of organization the public can usually muster.” —Beast

Yes. I kind of think this was reversing their character development in regards to the wider MU. I think Hank, Warren, Bobby, should've grown to be Marvel characters first, not just X-Men. Maybe I'm just soured on how they've been treated (ESPECIALLY Hank) under the various X-writers since then.
    I love X-Factor, mind me (Archangel, duh), but I agree. I think the three of them (well, Bobby and Warren - Hank already did it) would've highly benefitted to stay in the wider MU some more, before returning to the X-corner.

Oh, I agree. Just a little longer they should have stayed in the wider MU.

Let's take a look at the time Hank fought a fellow mutant, Bloodhawk. Look at this expression in the upper-right panel. I've long thought he makes the most adorable expressions:

And then, Thor in the upper-right panel makes a statement that could be construed as something, ahem, salacious if taken out of context:

Then, at the end, Hank comforts Bloodhawk and tells him about Xavier's school. Next issue, Bloodhawk gets killed off. Another mutant forgotten and not resurrected during the Krakoan era.

BANNED

I love X-Factor, mind me (Archangel, duh), but I agree. I think the three of them (well, Bobby and Warren - Hank already did it) would've highly benefitted to stay in the wider MU some more, before returning to the X-corner.
    I agree with everyone. Jim Shooter wanted to fold the Champions into the Avengers after the Champions ended. Had that happened, Hank, Warren, and Bobby would have been the first three X-Men to become Avengers long before Wolverine and Storm. As it is now, only Hank has that status but I think Warren and Bobby would have benefitted from becoming Avengers.

BANNED

Oh, maybe I overreacted. I just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them. I hadn't been posting that much because my new job was somewhat stressful at first, but I'm really getting in the swing of things now!

Let's have some more pictures!

I love that first one especially!

I've long thought he makes the most adorable expressions:

https://i.imgur.com/sMC9OBS.jpeg
    I concur. Whenever he's airborne, Henry always has the best expressions...
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yep, it was all arranged. It’s why all the other Defenders were taken off the table so abruptly and “permanently” so they didn’t need to come up with a reason for the team disbanding. But I STILL don’t understand why Sassafras was clearly expected to go with them but didn’t.