Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Being reserved for another Robin misses the entire point. Nightwing isn't Robin 2.0 to be passed down like the Robin title has become.
    To be fair, that wasn't originally the case for Robin either.

Honestly, I've the feeling general audience tend to know Nightwing (when they know about this identity) as Robin 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Honestly, I've the feeling general audience tend to know Nightwing (when they know about this identity) as Robin 2.0.
    That's what makes it important to try to prevent it from befalling a similar dilution.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    That's what makes it important to try to prevent it from befalling a similar dilution.
    Exactly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, i agree.

But I'm glad it's Bruce posing as Nightwing and not yet another Robin. At least we haven't seen this before.

It also shows that Bruce is willing to make sacrifices too. All these years, it was Dick who had to stop everything for Bruce's mission: leaving the Titans, being Batman twice, and faking his own death to infiltrate Spyral. At least now, we see Bruce going out of his way to help Dick as well.
    Yeah, I think this is a great twist, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im guessing it’s to show how important Nightwing has become to Bludhaven, similar to Batman and Gotham.
    By having Batman dress as Nightwing...yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    By having Batman dress as Nightwing...yeah...
    Just like Gotham needs Batman and someone steps in for Bruce, the same concept applies here.
    Last edited by Drako; 05-18-2024 at 07:03 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Just like Gotham needs Batman and someone steps in for Bruce, the same concept applies here.
    I feel like that works better vis-a-vis the Batman suit and legacy versus Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like that works better vis-a-vis the Batman suit and legacy versus Nightwing.
    Part of the point is trying to elevate the legacy of Nightwing in that way. Though I must admit that the cowl lends itself better to different wearers and a bulky, older Bruce might look a little goofy. Perhaps a bit like a reverse Alfred-as-Batman from Batman Rebirth #1.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

What do you guys think are the odds that one of Jeff Lemire's three projects is the Nightwing book?

I remember he wrote that great Robin and Batman mini-series, so it seems like he likes the character.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Im not sure i see Lemire taking over an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Part of the point is trying to elevate the legacy of Nightwing in that way. Though I must admit that the cowl lends itself better to different wearers and a bulky, older Bruce might look a little goofy. Perhaps a bit like a reverse Alfred-as-Batman from Batman Rebirth #1.
    Definitely something I can see Tom Taylor doing .

Astonishing Member

What do you guys think are the odds that one of Jeff Lemire's three projects is the Nightwing book?

I remember he wrote that great Robin and Batman mini-series, so it seems like he likes the character.
    I agree he's come off as a fan of character before, and he clearly has some irons in the fire with DC now...

He'd be a real boon to the ongoing, but I wonder if it's this Scott Snyder alternative universe thing - "Absolute Batman And Robin", with Bruce and Dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Which is sad, since the best Nightwing was Kal-El. Now we have Bruce Wayne impersonating his hero.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Which is sad, since the best Nightwing was Kal-El. Now we have Bruce Wayne impersonating his hero.
    Bruce Wayne impersonating his impersonation. As Superman's Nightwing persona was inspired by Batman.

If it was another limited series like Robin & Batman I could see it, but I doubt he will agree to an ongoing series.