Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetap View Post
    I would say just for synergy they should have had it be MJ even if they don't truly think that he would have that fantasy. When they remember, the mainline story in ASM seems to be Peter isn't over MJ which is why Felicia did not work out as he wasn't 100% in it. I would think that right now the ultimate desire for Peter would be to be with MJ even if just to add some supplemental content to mainline ASM book about his inner thoughts at the moment.
    But...but...that's treating Peter like he's an actual three dimensional human character whose adventures and experience matter and build upon and inform each other and not his current actual existence, which is a soulless corporate action figure mascot. Don't you know that since 2007 Peter has only three or four authorized factory settings that can be used and that's it? Obviously, Weisman has switched him to the "Gwen dead, Petey sad" setting, much like how Buzz Lightyear was switched to the Spanish setting in Toy Story 3 (keeping in mind that Buzz is a far more human and dimensional character despite being a literal toy). /s...maybe.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

They might spin it that it's not showing you what you really desire but just some warped version of it though now I feel like all of Miles' girlfriends need to watch out for Ms. Marvel.

Mighty Member

Could also be that with Ultimate Spider-man being a thing right now, maybe they felt using MJ here would be redundant or would undercut the main 616 title in which Peter and MJ have seemingly "moved on" for the time being. Regardless, this type of story has already been regurgitated too many times to be an interesting hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Could also be that with Ultimate Spider-man being a thing right now, maybe they felt using MJ here would be redundant or would undercut the main 616 title in which Peter and MJ have seemingly "moved on" for the time being. Regardless, this type of story has already been regurgitated too many times to be interesting.
    Also if the Jackal is involved, it makes sense to bring up Gwen thematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Could also be that with Ultimate Spider-man being a thing right now, maybe they felt using MJ here would be redundant or would undercut the main 616 title in which Peter and MJ have seemingly "moved on" for the time being. Regardless, this type of story has already been regurgitated too many times to be an interesting hook.
    Honestly? I think that's the real problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They might spin it that it's not showing you what you really desire but just some warped version of it though now I feel like all of Miles' girlfriends need to watch out for Ms. Marvel.
    Yeah. My first thought when it was solicited was "Poor Tiana is getting two-timed, Miles is dating two girls at once!" My second thought? "Isn't Kamala already in a love triangle too?" - both Bruno and Red Dagger want her to be more than just a friend. It's just awkwardness all around. But the preview revealing Gwen never died means this whole thing must be some sort of illusion.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Judging by the cover (notice that Miles is not only in his Spider-Man suit, but also his head is tilted like he is giving a weird look?) I think that Miles will come to understand what is happening first, make steps to bring he and Peter out of it, and if it is a shared experience, end up in a fight with him as Peter probably does not want to leave this fake world. Then we get an issue or so where both Spider-Men spend some time apart until they make up and come back together to fight the Jackal for the big finish.

spoilers:
    Greg Weisman isn't going to beat the PeterxGwen shipper allegations with Peter's fantasy of married life with Gwen, their parents hooking up, and having two kids as if in direct answer to Ultimate's two kids with MJ.

Also I feel bad for Miles' girlfriend that his fantasy is acting on his massive crush on Ms. Marvel that it seems like he still has. Cute, nevertheless, but still. Also did Ramos forget how to draw Kamala's face outside her mask?

I found it funny how Cedric and Kenny had Shelly in their dreams but hers didn't have either of them.

Arcade and Mentallo - The new Supervillain dream team!
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Greg Weisman isn't going to beat the PeterxGwen shipper allegations with Peter's fantasy of married life with Gwen, their parents hooking up, and having two kids as if in direct answer to Ultimate's two kids with MJ.

Also I feel bad for Miles' girlfriend that his fantasy is acting on his massive crush on Ms. Marvel that it seems like he still has. Cute, nevertheless, but still. Also did Ramos forget how to draw Kamala's face outside her mask?

I found it funny how Cedric and Kenny had Shelly in their dreams but hers didn't have either of them.

Arcade and Mentallo - The new Supervillain dream team!
    end of spoilers
    I guess we now know what Mentallo is up to post Krakoa after Al Ewing Sword and X-MEN RED

Incredible Member

I was really looking forward to this book but it's not really doing anything I find exciting. The Gwen stuff is very played out and boring to me. The art and colors don't work for me.

Just a total miss when I expected it would be a home run for my tastes

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I was really looking forward to this book but it's not really doing anything I find exciting. The Gwen stuff is very played out and boring to me. The art and colors don't work for me.

Just a total miss when I expected it would be a home run for my tastes
    People came into it expecting Spectacular Spider-Man but what they got was just okay Spider-Fluff.

But I guess that's what Weisman advertised it as.

arcade how is Peter Parker unrecognizable he been on tv or the news multiple times. he was in a relationship with Mary jane and he was a former tech company ceo. just copy and paste his image into google search and viola you figure out his id. Besides that the fantasy worlds are whatever hopefully he wont get too much flak from the shippers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    arcade how is Peter Parker unrecognizable he been on tv or the news multiple times. he was in a relationship with Mary jane and he was a former tech company ceo. just copy and paste his image into google search and viola you figure out his id. Besides that the fantasy worlds are whatever hopefully he wont get too much flak from the shippers
    I'm personally looking forward spoilers:
    to Peter and Miles unleashing on Arcade and Mentallo a la Superman to Mongul in "For the Man Who Has Everything" after Superman was freed (or freed himself) from Mongul's Black Mercy-created dreamworld.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

House of M part 2 about to happen for Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty dumb. Like "these two look so generic they could be anybody!" when Peter was pretty famous a while back and also just having two Supervillains see what they actually look like feels like a big red flag Weisman didn't seem to address well.