Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Are we talking about Hickman's current Ultimate Universe, or his work during the original one? I understood that it was him who resigned (from all Fantastic four, Ultimate Comics: Ultimates, and SHIELD, which he was writing at that time), not that Marvel removed him. At that point Marvel still had interest in keeping the Ultimate universe going, and Hickman was an influential author: besides Ultimates, he wrote the minis of Thor and Hawkeye and was involved in the collaborative writing of Fallout. If he had stayed, he may have left a stronger mark in it over time and perhaps it may even had become "his" universe (or at least in equal shared parts with Bendis and Millar, rather than just Bendis/Millar as it is known today), but that was up to him.
    IIRC Hickman was taken off the Ultimate comics because they weren’t selling enough (due to launching at the same time as DC’s New 52) for Marvel to keep him and Ribic on them for what they were paying them, Hickman said he had years of plans for the Ultimates that he never got to tell.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    IIRC Hickman was taken off the Ultimate comics because they weren’t selling enough (due to launching at the same time as DC’s New 52) for Marvel to keep him and Ribic on them for what they were paying them, Hickman said he had years of plans for the Ultimates that he never got to tell.
    No. He was offered Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Ultimatum was actually a team effort with Jeph Loeb, Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Millar, Warren Ellis, the two Heroes writers that took over UXM and UFF, Joe Quesada, a few other people. Originally, it was supposed to be a small comic crossover sort of like Ultimate X4 or Ultimate War, but Bendis decided it could be bigger. It was not just Loeb.
    Never heard about that... and it seems to contradict things. He killed Spider-Man, but then brought him back because he wanted to fix some loose ends before introducing Miles Morales, so he killed him at a later date. If Bendis was actually in charge of the Ultimatum thing, he would have simply postponed it to kill Peter some months later when he was ready. And Millar? I thought his work in the Ultimate universe had concluded at the end of Ultimates 2, and only returned after Ultimatum when the Ultimates needed to be relaunched (and he even made a meta-joke about it)

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

No. He was offered Avengers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hickman
    I think that Ultimate stuff that Esad and I did is one of the best things I’ve done at Marvel. It was unquestionably a failure, but it wasn’t because the book wasn’t good, it was because it was the same time the New 52 came out. Our #1 issue came out the same time DC launched a bunch of New 52 number ones. It got completely crushed under a wave of product. That was a bummer, because the one book that I wanted to do when I started at Marvel was the Ultimates, and do it in a way where I’m basically building in the Ultimate universe. There’s only three other books coming out in the entirely Ultimate line, so you’re not constrained by continuity in the same way that you are when you’ve got 60 other books coming out in the regular Marvel line. I desperately wanted that book to succeed. I would’ve done that book for years.

You want to talk about an ambitious plan for what I wanted to do, that had some crazy stuff that was gonna happen. But the book was a total failure, because we just got crushed. So yeah, I’m absolutely looking forward to doing some of that stuff again. But that illustrates some of the stuff I’m talking about, where sometimes you just get to play in the Marvel universe or the Ultimate universe. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t work, but it’s always good stuff to try.
    From his interview with Entertainment Weekly about Secret Wars. There was another interview I remember but can’t find where he stated the Ultiimates wasn’t selling enough for Marvel to keep him on it.

The first case of one of the ongoing comics making reference to another of the ongoing comics. Ultimate X-Men 3, Maystorm reads about Storm, "Freedom fighter in West Africa seemingly has the power of the storm"

Amazing Member

The first case of one of the ongoing comics making reference to another of the ongoing comics. Ultimate X-Men 3, Maystorm reads about Storm, "Freedom fighter in West Africa seemingly has the power of the storm"

The one book that feels the most disconnected being the first to reference another one is hilarious. Are you happy everyone who kept saying this book this doesn’t feel like it takes place in the same world?

Incredible Member

Never heard about that... and it seems to contradict things. He killed Spider-Man, but then brought him back because he wanted to fix some loose ends before introducing Miles Morales, so he killed him at a later date. If Bendis was actually in charge of the Ultimatum thing, he would have simply postponed it to kill Peter some months later when he was ready. And Millar? I thought his work in the Ultimate universe had concluded at the end of Ultimates 2, and only returned after Ultimatum when the Ultimates needed to be relaunched (and he even made a meta-joke about it)
    Spider-Man living came from the massive backlash. All of the information I got I once posted in the forum before it was rebooted. I had links and everything to interviews. If there's a way to access it I have no idea.

Spider-Man living came from the massive backlash. All of the information I got I once posted in the forum before it was rebooted. I had links and everything to interviews. If there's a way to access it I have no idea.
    If that's so, why the X-Men were not equally lucky? Marvel still published them for some years. They had even provided a handy and convenient way to bring them back, when Jean resurrected Angel with her Phoenix power.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-panther-x-men

ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #7
    Written by BRYAN HILL
    Art and Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    On Sale 8/7

“War of the Kingdoms” starts here! While T’Challa has sought to grow his power, so too have the forces of Moon Knight… And with access to a unique new resource, Ra and Khonshu are stronger than ever! How will Wakanda stand in its resistance against the kings of the Upper and Lower Kingdoms? And is T’Challa prepared to bear the consequences of tapping into such dangerous wells of power?

ULTIMATES #3
    Written by DENIZ CAMP
    Art by JUAN FRIGERI
    Cover by DIKE RUAN
    On Sale 8/14

Introducing... The She-Hulk! The Ultimates search for a means of destroying the Maker’s most powerful pawn, the Hulk! And in the process they uncover an army of Hulks hidden away from the world… with She-Hulk at the helm!

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #8
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Art and Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    On Sale 8/21

Kingpin's Sinister Six! Kingpin gathers a team to deal with his masked-vigilante problem… But a group of super villains isn’t the only challenge Spider-Man will face! Meanwhile, Green Goblin joins forces with… Doc Ock?

ULTIMATE X-MEN #6
    Written by PEACH MOMOKO
    Art and Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    On Sale 8/28

The action-packed finale of the first arc! Armor, Maystorm and the rest of the team hunt down the mysterious shadow! But is this group of scrappy teens prepared to face true darkness? And don’t miss the reveal of the final member of the group on the last page!

It’s not too late to see what all the buzz about! Check out August’s Ultimate covers now, and preorder them at your local comic shop today!

Jen as a villain (if that is Jen as She-Hulk) feels so weird.

Also, Jason Aaron She-Hulk fans will probably be happy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jen as a villain (if that is Jen as She-Hulk) feels so weird.

Also, Jason Aaron She-Hulk fans will probably be happy .
    The cover is a bit ambiguous, I’m not sure if they’re about fight each other or fight together.
    What caught my attention is that her clothes remind me of native American motives… she might not be Jen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The cover is a bit ambiguous, I’m not sure if they’re about fight each other or fight together.
    What caught my attention is that her clothes remind me of native American motives… she might not be Jen at all.
    I just thought it was in-line with how Ultimate Hulk dressed.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-panther-x-men

ULTIMATE BLACK PANTHER #7
    Written by BRYAN HILL
    Art and Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    On Sale 8/7

“War of the Kingdoms” starts here! While T’Challa has sought to grow his power, so too have the forces of Moon Knight… And with access to a unique new resource, Ra and Khonshu are stronger than ever! How will Wakanda stand in its resistance against the kings of the Upper and Lower Kingdoms? And is T’Challa prepared to bear the consequences of tapping into such dangerous wells of power?

ULTIMATES #3
    Written by DENIZ CAMP
    Art by JUAN FRIGERI
    Cover by DIKE RUAN
    On Sale 8/14

Introducing... The She-Hulk! The Ultimates search for a means of destroying the Maker’s most powerful pawn, the Hulk! And in the process they uncover an army of Hulks hidden away from the world… with She-Hulk at the helm!

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #8
    Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
    Art and Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    On Sale 8/21

Kingpin's Sinister Six! Kingpin gathers a team to deal with his masked-vigilante problem… But a group of super villains isn’t the only challenge Spider-Man will face! Meanwhile, Green Goblin joins forces with… Doc Ock?
    Stoked as hell for these.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah given the state of this current Ultimate Universe that could easily be a new character they dub as she-hulk
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.