Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Hum..what is coming?
    Attachment 139605
    Omg IS GARTH time finally coming !!!I mean those scales and blue is his color, Arthur has yellow Meera is green and Jackson is orange/red

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What data do you have that they were anymore failures than the ones Raven, Red Arrow, Garth, Beast Boy and Starfire got?

Those 5 did more than be background in Justice League.
    Those 5 at different times have been the center of a story line in book unlike Vic.
    Those 5 did not get put in the hands of a crappy editor who did NOTHING but run off writers from both of Cyborg and Static's books.

Folks who read his books didn't have issues with them. Their main complaint was where were these books at the start of New 52.

For all the crap about it's his time-we didn't see it. Unlike with Punchline, Ghost Maker, Clown Killer and others who got covers, one shots, annuals, ongoings, variant covers and more stuff than Cyborg.

UNLIKE comic book Cyborg-the Cyborgs of tv tend to be better developed and interesting. They do no cry over their Daddy not loving them or getting blown up or ripped to shreds by T'Challa's cousin.

The point being made was so many wanted Vic back with the Titans and OUT of JLA. At the some said that because what little use Vic got was mainly from the Titans era more than the JLA. Where claims by the folks in charge it was Cyborg's time and he did nothing.
    Only member who didn't get a book at the start of New 52.
    Only member who did very little in that book.
    The issue now is he's back with them and what is he doing? All he did was change from doing nothing on one team for doing the same on another.

Sorry he is popular and while the writers post 1990 (and David Walker & Sempter Jr) act like they can't do a thing with Vic beyond him crying about his Daddy and being a freak among the beautiful white and alien folks and Garth.

We can thank the creatives of television-who view Vic as more than that and put an effort into making him interesting in Teen Titans Go, Teen Titans, Doom Patrol, Smallville and even Superfriends. Along with writers like Kami Garcia and others who do the same thing in the OGN, novels and kids books that include him.

The amount of interaction that takes place on Twitter whenever Cyborg is mentioned is truly interesting to me. He's clearly popular enough between the Ray Fisher (Justice League) and Joivan Wade (Doom Patrol) portrayals (not to mention the adoration for the Teen Titans Khary Payton portrayal). One might think that forums represent the "true comic book fandom" ( i did at one point) but i see far more interaction across the board on Twitter and Facebook when compared to comic forums.

One of my favorite toy forums recently shut down after more than 20 years. Why? Because the conversation around toys and collectibles had effectively moved to Facebook and Twitter. I'd been on that board for decades but ...the reason for the decision was sound. There's simply far more traffic, discussion and detailed opinions from the public over toys and pop culture product like comics elsewhere. This in turn provides a more accurate gauge of a characters impact.
    Last edited by Customizer; 05-19-2024 at 09:32 PM.
    Don't complain. Create.

If I'm not mistaken Cyborg had around 40 solo issues among three series. Thats more than Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy or Donna had.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Cyborg had around 40 solo issues among three series. Thats more than Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy or Donna had.
    That is true but doesn’t answer the why he keeps getting them.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That is true but doesn’t answer the why he keeps getting them.
    Simple: DC believes that he should be bigger than he is. Which is partially true, the character is fairly relevant so one would think it'd be easy to take off with an audience. So what is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Simple: DC believes that he should be bigger than he is. Which is partially true, the character is fairly relevant so one would think it'd be easy to take off with an audience. So what is missing?
    which.. isn't a new thing either.

He's been a prominent character for... decades... I mean... he was a JL member in the old Superfriends cartoon... he's been in Titans books for... a LONG time. It's weird...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He works best as a team player -- as do most of the Titans (and X-Men for that matter). He'd need a complete change of modus operandi (and a superb supporting cast) to maintain an ongoing. It could be done, but I'm skeptical.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    which.. isn't a new thing either.

He's been a prominent character for... decades... I mean... he was a JL member in the old Superfriends cartoon... he's been in Titans books for... a LONG time. It's weird...
    Prominent but not popular. Those Snyder fans used Fisher to champion their cause but I know they ain’t fans of cyborg. So where are they? How can a character be everywhere in DCs media but not have a fan base. I put my stuff on private and went looking for shipping content bare bones, You don’t really have to look to hard with this for any of his team mates. Is it his looks/ design. His storylines (I’ll say personally it made no Danm sense for him to be the only one on his team discriminated or feeling outcasted when there was 5’4 green elf boy and 6’4 orange woman. Both successful in entertainment! Early new teen titans turned me off of him immediately with that crap.

Also I saw this poll and thought it was intresting IMG_8694.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    He works best as a team player -- as do most of the Titans (and X-Men for that matter). He'd need a complete change of modus operandi (and a superb supporting cast) to maintain an ongoing. It could be done, but I'm skeptical.
    Most of the core X-men lineup are capable solo characters their just strongest as a team. Honestly I’ve always felt Jean Storm and Rouge were the most prominent ladies of Marvel . A whole cinematic universe later and I still feel that but as Wanda who ties closer to the X-men then the Avengers anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Rose and Jericho in a alt cover for Dark knights of steel all winter
    IMG_8695.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Most of the core X-men lineup are capable solo characters their just strongest as a team. Honestly I’ve always felt Jean Storm and Rouge were the most prominent ladies of Marvel . A whole cinematic universe later and I still feel that but as Wanda who ties closer to the X-men then the Avengers anyway.
    Quicksilver is more of an X-guy through his membership on X-Factor. Wanda though barely hangs out with X-guys unless its a Magneto issue, she is more of an Avengers character.

Rose and Jericho in a alt cover for Dark knights of steel all winter
    IMG_8695.jpg
    Smol!Rose?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Quicksilver is more of an X-guy through his membership on X-Factor. Wanda though barely hangs out with X-guys unless its a Magneto issue, she is more of an Avengers character.
    She is featured in all the animation and is the Daughter of Magneto long time major villain/ antihero to the X-men.
    Her roots are with the X-men and always will be.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

She is featured in all the animation and is the Daughter of Magneto long time major villain/ antihero to the X-men.
    So she has ties to both franchises, she's a character that can be used in both franchises.

Helps that X-Men used to get more cartoons than Avengers back then.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Regardless I'd still say both are more avengers then X-men. Pietro was on X-factor for a hot minute and both were brotherhood. But they were never x-men they ate Card carrying members if Avengers
    X-Men Forever