Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In Rascal's case, it's the dynamic with Normie Osborn as the new Red Goblin that I like, in the sense of exploring the psychological and emotional trauma Normie's been through and how that's shaped his perspective on things.
    That played a role. Kid toxin and Widow Venom aint doing anything for me yet.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

So I thought Venom War was an arc in Venom i was Wrong lol its a 5 issue Mini series begining in August.
    X-Men Forever

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    So I thought Venom War was an arc in Venom i was Wrong lol its a 5 issue Mini series begining in August.
    Like King in Black turned out, as opposed to being an(other) arc in Donny Cates's Venom.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yes very true.
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Thinking about it, I think an issue with this run is that its overtly serialized. I noticed this but there isn't really arcs, Eddie is just constantly being thrown from one scenario to another continuously with no lull or break for the action. Like Cates run had a break issue after each arc, at least a moment where it feels like the characters are catching their breathe and talking about how they feel, but here it feels like Eddie is just stuck on the Garden of Time for an endlessly long time making only miniscule headway against Meridus.

And the separation from Dylan is worsened by the fact its not very clear they are only reuniting at the very end of the book post Venom War. You'd think the separation would have only lasted for like 12 issues but no Eddie isn't going to reunite with his son so they aren't going to get any moments together.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    That played a role. Kid toxin and Widow Venom aint doing anything for me yet.
    I'm convinced Black Widow's inclusion here is primarily cause Gronbekk just really wanted to write a Widow book but she couldn't so she settled on shoving her into whatever book she was able to write.

Venom_War_Venomous_Vol_1_1.jpg this is a 3 issue mini staring Widow tying into thr event. Weather it work we shall see.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Thinking about it, I think an issue with this run is that its overtly serialized. I noticed this but there isn't really arcs, Eddie is just constantly being thrown from one scenario to another continuously with no lull or break for the action. Like Cates run had a break issue after each arc, at least a moment where it feels like the characters are catching their breathe and talking about how they feel, but here it feels like Eddie is just stuck on the Garden of Time for an endlessly long time making only miniscule headway against Meridus.

And the separation from Dylan is worsened by the fact its not very clear they are only reuniting at the very end of the book post Venom War. You'd think the separation would have only lasted for like 12 issues but no Eddie isn't going to reunite with his son so they aren't going to get any moments together.

I'm convinced Black Widow's inclusion here is primarily cause Gronbekk just really wanted to write a Widow book but she couldn't so she settled on shoving her into whatever book she was able to write.
    Fair points about the over-serialization of this Venom run possibly being to its detriment in terms of both Eddie's and Dylan's character development.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Venom_War_Venomous_Vol_1_1.jpg this is a 3 issue mini staring Widow tying into thr event. Weather it work we shall see.
    At least that symbiote Widow design is hellfire.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Maybe Old Man Dylan can save Peter and MJ from Paul, his lame dad and that stupid fake god Wayep by fixing the past:

Another Dylan Brock is on a mission to make sure things go the way they’re supposed to. That’s right — Old Man Venom jumps through time to guarantee the correct victor in the Venom War — starting with a jaunt that takes him right into Spider-Man’s history.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 05-20-2024 at 06:46 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Maybe Old Man Dylan can save Peter and MJ from Paul, his lame dad and that stupid fake god Wayep by fixing the past:

Another Dylan Brock is on a mission to make sure things go the way they’re supposed to. That’s right — Old Man Venom jumps through time to guarantee the correct victor in the Venom War — starting with a jaunt that takes him right into Spider-Man’s history.
    Yes. If he could do that . . .

Really enjoyed Venom:Separation Anxiety #1. Nice breath of fresh air, back to basics story.

spoilers:
    Venomized Purple Man is absolutely stupid though.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Man With No Name; 05-21-2024 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Dylan Brock is the CLEANER!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Man With No Name View Post
    Really enjoyed Venom:Separation Anxiety #1. Nice breath of fresh air, back to basics story.

spoilers:
    Venomized Purple Man is absolutely stupid though.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah I liked it but i wish he just foguht killgrave. So we are expected to believe this happened in the past with Purpleman. Oh well itll be fun and look great i love the art
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Wonder if it's Duggan who I know has another of creator owned work upcoming or Percy as the new writer of venom after venom war wraps

Fantastic Member

Also be cool if Ewing took the amazing spidey gig have to figure wells run is on its final stretch

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Venom confirmed for Marvel Rivals and he looks awesome.