Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    ...Hal as an adult still acting immature in origin stories and not really demonstrating the qualities that befit a Green Lantern. But that's also neither here nor there.
    Yeah, I totally get that. Writers tend to lean into his faults (rather than his heroic traits - the "boring" stuff) as a way to demonstrate growth or something, but when that's all each of them give us, then it's like, "Hey, remember that he's supposed to be super competent and heroic which is why he was chosen in the first place?"

New info about Hal during Absolute Power - from AIPT (spoilers I guess?)
    spoilers:
    In Green Lantern #14 (available August 14), Hal Jordan must don the weapons of some of DC’s most infamous super-villains to escape the clutches of Amanda Waller and reconnect with the heroes, who are ramping up for retaliation, in the main story from writer Jeremy Adams and artist Fernando Pasarin. Meanwhile, Carol Ferris learns what it means to be a hero as she embarks on her own quest to help others during this time of crisis. This issue also features an all-new backup story from writer Marc Guggenheim and artist Darick Robertson chronicling the rise of the Shadow Lanterns.
    end of spoilers
    The bit about the "weapons" has me intrigued -- that part could be really fun.

I thought that only Trinity got AP tie-ins?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    New info about Hal during Absolute Power - from AIPT (spoilers I guess?)
    spoilers:
    In Green Lantern #14 (available August 14), Hal Jordan must don the weapons of some of DC’s most infamous super-villains to escape the clutches of Amanda Waller and reconnect with the heroes, who are ramping up for retaliation, in the main story from writer Jeremy Adams and artist Fernando Pasarin. Meanwhile, Carol Ferris learns what it means to be a hero as she embarks on her own quest to help others during this time of crisis. This issue also features an all-new backup story from writer Marc Guggenheim and artist Darick Robertson chronicling the rise of the Shadow Lanterns.
    end of spoilers
    The bit about the "weapons" has me intrigued -- that part could be really fun.
    Adams seems like he's really going to be pushing Carol as a hero now.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What a fantastic cover! Doc Shaner has been killing it on the variants.

Still an all-time favorite cover.

So there's a fan film being made...

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    So there's a fan film being made...
    Is it? Or is it a commercial for the Iron Studios figure? It appears to be the same version of the costume as the figure and the slate seems to say, "Iron ... something." I mean, the studio also could've also made a fan film as well I guess. Looking forward to seeing it though, whatever it is!

Whatever it is, it looks cool .

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it? Or is it a commercial for the Iron Studios figure? It appears to be the same version of the costume as the figure and the slate seems to say, "Iron ... something." I mean, the studio also could've also made a fan film as well I guess. Looking forward to seeing it though, whatever it is!
    I have no clue, I've seen that it's for a fan film but I didn't dig into it. If it's for Iron Studios it's a shame they didn't use the white gloves as on the statue, I want to see while gloves in "live action" damnit lol

I wonder if the Hal and Abin Sur actors had to share that costume.... (and who got to wear it first ... first on call-sheet privilege perhaps?) I mean, it seems like Abin Sur's doing double-duty as camera man.(unless his hat's garbage and his face is just really burned)

What is your favorite depiction of the origin?