Incredible Member

Default Is there any interest / moves to create a spiderverse tv show?

First of all, is the spiderverse as a concept owned by Sony since they did the movies?

Does Marvel have a completely green light if it wanted to create their own spiderman spiderverse animated series without Sonys approval? Are there other barriers?

It just seems like such a great backdrop for an animated series because there are so many different universes of spider people you could focus on. And bring other marvel characters to interact with different spider people. Like nightcrawler and spiderman.

As a show it may get very convoluted.

The movies focus on Miles, so we see things through that perspective.

I don't think it would work as some kind of anthology, since there would be so many questions about the new continuity of each new Spider-Man. If Harry Osborn shows up, is that version currently the Green Goblin and has he ever been the Green Goblin?

And an ongoing series with a lead exploring the spider-verse is definitely not be grounded like the typical Spider-Man story (The movies focus on Miles' family and school.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

A show based on Peter B. Parker would be really cool.

Also, the Spider-Man Noir show seems like a spin-off of the animated movies, whether it follows the movies' story or not.
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 05-15-2024 at 05:31 AM.

There probably is interest on Sony's part to do something with the Spider-verse. If Spiderman Noir is sucessful we would get more shows like it.

A spiderverse anthology series like how Star Wars Visions or tales of the empire wpuld be cool.

I can see a Spider-Punk/Spider-Man India buddy dramedy/action show take off

Noir is A choice, but hey, good on Sony for pulling Nic Cage for live action

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    First of all, is the spiderverse as a concept owned by Sony since they did the movies?

Does Marvel have a completely green light if it wanted to create their own spiderman spiderverse animated series without Sonys approval? Are there other barriers.
    Disney owns the rights to any television shows. I don't know what all the compromises in making MCU Spider-Man encompass, but I don''t think Sony has any say in a television show.

Spider-Man 2099 would also be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Disney owns the rights to any television shows. I don't know what all the compromises in making MCU Spider-Man encompass, but I don''t think Sony has any say in a television show.
    Spider-Man: Noir is Sony. Which is why it's on Prime Video and MGM+ instead of Disney+ Even the previously ordered Silk series is from Sony.

Disney has the rights only to TV animation I guess, not live action.

Extraordinary Member

I'd kill for a Spider-Punk series.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'd kill for a Spider-Punk series.
    Yes to both of these!

I'd also really like a Mayday Spider-Girl series, or a Scarlet Spider series as well.

I wanted Ben and Kaine to be the Sonyverse Spidermen so id do that next.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    Indeed, it would be. Could be an animated take on Blade Runner and Altered Carbon, at least visually, as well as push further with what was accomplished in Cyberpunk 2077 and its anime side story Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Imagine all of that, but with (a) Spider-Man web-slinging and/or gliding through the futuristic cityscape. It'd be beautiful.
    The spider is always on the hunt.