Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

I honestly think a manga about Damian could do well. I have seen quite a lot of fanart for Damian by Japanese artists on Twitter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I honestly think a manga about Damian could do well. I have seen quite a lot of fanart for Damian by Japanese artists on Twitter.
    Oh certainly

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I think so too. There's a lot of Robin and Bat family fan art and fan made content online.

That animated movie Batman Ninja had a very successful live action run in Japan. Though this might been boosted by Batman ninja being tailor made for a traditional Japanese audience.

The newest Trinity backup in Wonderwoman is hilarious.

I love the dynamic between her, Damian and Jon. Wish they had a full book.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    The newest Trinity backup in Wonderwoman is hilarious.

I love the dynamic between her, Damian and Jon. Wish they had a full book.
    I wouldn't be surprised if after the backup's are done we might get a full book written by King.

I hope we do anyway.
    He's basically writing the super sons squabbling dynamic + 1.
    the ages makes little sense but I frankly don't care.

Fire Cover

Wouldn't mind him guesting in an arc

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Fire Cover

Wouldn't mind him guesting in an arc

Where is that Young Justice league dark book

I've missed them

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Where is that Young Justice league dark book
    Which YJL Dark book?

I found it always weird how the discussion of Damian's race and the weird to downright insulting writing gets reduced to just skin color. It's way more complex. No matter if he's white passing or not, he's canonically mixed with him being half caucasian because of Bruce and half asian/arab because of Talia (no, Talia's mother was not white, she was arab/chinese just like Ra's, no that never made much sense for Ra's or Melisandre, but it is what it is). He's mixed and the league of assassins is a mix of stereotypes about arabs and asians. And since he was raised in the league (at least that bit everyone should know, come on) Damian's writing is affected by that. He's not your average white american christian teenager and a lot of writers treat him as being lesser for it.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-21-2024 at 06:22 PM.

In fact in some stories I was downright shocked about the lack of compassion shown to him. Yeah, he's difficult to get along with, but he's also a child that was raised in a cult and then in the less than ideal batfamily, why is the story acting like that was his fault, like he doesn't feel bad about what he did in the past or like he needs to punished with in some cases even death for it.
    Sir, this is a child. At least try to show some compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I found it always weird how the discussion of Damian's race and the weird to downright insulting writing gets reduced to just skin color. It's way more complex. No matter if he's white passing or not, he's canonically mixed with him being half caucasian because of Bruce and half asian/arab because of Talia (no, Talia's mother was not white, she was arab/chinese just like Ra's, no that never made much sense for Ra's or Melisandre, but it is what it is). He's mixed and the league of assassins is a mix of stereotypes about arabs and asians. And since he was raised in the league (at least that bit everyone should know, come on) Damian's writing is affected by that. He's not your average white american christian teenager and a lot of writers treat him as being lesser for it.
    Because fans are just that shallow, ignorant, racist or petty. Take your pick. Any DC comic fan knows the deal with the Al Ghul's.

Didn't Tim say [and I quote] "There's something wrong with his biology"
    It's not just writers that treaty him different because of the environment he grew up in. Fans too. he's lesser. Can't be truly heroic/good because of it.

In fact in some stories I was downright shocked about the lack of compassion shown to him. Yeah, he's difficult to get along with, but he's also a child that was raised in a cult and then in the less than ideal batfamily, why is the story acting like that was his fault, like he doesn't feel bad about what he did in the past or like he needs to punished with in some cases even death for it.
    Sir, this is a child. At least try to show some compassion.
    Yeah. Itlike fans will always remind you that damian tried to kill Tim and hold it against him yet they never recall the time that Damian risked his life to save Tim. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Yeah. Itlike fans will always remind you that damian tried to kill Tim and hold it against him yet they never recall the time that Damian risked his life to save Tim. I wonder why?
    Tim was so brutal with Damian during their fight in Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul that Damian had to beg him not to kill him when he was seeking protection from Ra's and saving Tim's (who had dressed up in a Batman suit) life was pretty much his first act as Robin after Alfred made him take the mantle.
    I know both comics are controversial/not that popular, but it is how things went down in that continuity.
    They are even.

But apparently people can't read or research. I remember facepalming when I read the part of Batman vs Robin that had Nezha controlling all the Robins so they would fight Batman (god I still hate that comic) and Mark Waid somehow managed to get everything wrong. No, Tim didn't disappear in Bruce's eyes the second Damian appeared. Bruce didn't like Damian, didn't try to look for him after the boat blew up or after Talia took him with him after Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul. Damian somehow ended up staying with Bruce after Talia took him to Gotham during Batman RIP. We never even saw Damian moving in, he was just suddenly there in Battle for the Cowl when Bruce was already gone.
    In our time three years passed between Damian getting introduced and him becoming Robin.
    And no Mark Waid, Bruce didn't make Damian Robin, not even Dick did, that was Alfred. Damian didn't become Robin until after Bruce was gone and he didn't think they would work as Batman and Robin when Dick wanted to go back to being Robin and multiple times after that until Damian died.

For so many writers still using things from the Morrison era you would thing they would know something about Damian's early history, but apparently not. Are they only reading terrible Tim Drake fanfictions for research?

Tim was so brutal with Damian during their fight in Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul that Damian had to beg him not to kill him when he was seeking protection from Ra's and saving Tim's (who had dressed up in a Batman suit) life was pretty much his first act as Robin after Alfred made him take the mantle.
    I know both comics are controversial/not that popular, but it is how things went down in that continuity.
    They are even.

But apparently people can't read or research. I remember facepalming when I read the part of Batman vs Robin that had Nezha controlling all the Robins so they would fight Batman (god I still hate that comic) and Mark Waid somehow managed to get everything wrong. No, Tim didn't disappear in Bruce's eyes the second Damian appeared. Bruce didn't like Damian, didn't try to look for him after the boat blew up or after Talia took him with him after Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul. Damian somehow ended up staying with Bruce after Talia took him to Gotham during Batman RIP. We never even saw Damian moving in, he was just suddenly there in Battle for the Cowl when Bruce was already gone.
    In our time three years passed between Damian getting introduced and him becoming Robin.
    And no Mark Waid, Bruce didn't make Damian Robin, not even Dick did, that was Alfred. Damian didn't become Robin until after Bruce was gone and he didn't think they would work as Batman and Robin when Dick wanted to go back to being Robin and multiple times after that until Damian died.

For so many writers still using things from the Morrison era you would thing they would know something about Damian's early history, but apparently not. Are they only reading terrible Tim Drake fanfictions for research?
    Not sure what you mean by that continuity. battle for the Cowl was never out of continuity. Fans that don't like it disavow it but that's not how comics work.

every single batman writer has been using Morrison's continuity. The way they all tie in, pick up threads began and to Chip basically rewriting Morrison's story arc to better suit his taste. It's clear all these writers have read Morrison's run but they are choosing to twist thing's the way they want.

It's not uncommon. Writers and Fans do that all the time. Much like Battle for the cowl, they know what happened they just choose to ignore it in order to push the narrative/canon they prefer or in the case of writers, that works with their stories

Secret origins sort of explained and Talia entrusted Dick with his care in another series [Nightwing I think]
    Alfred did give Damian the costume but he didn't make him Robin. Dick did.
    Similar to how Alfred gave Tim Jason's Robin costume but it was Bruce who made him Robin,
    Or how Alfred gave equipped Duke and the other WAR kids but it was Bruce who made Duke an official sidekick
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-22-2024 at 03:59 AM.