Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1605

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    On x-twitter there was recently a big argument about Logan because someone said everyone wants bisexual Logan but there is already Fang who is Logan’s son and is bisexual but people don’t care because he’s not Logan

And the throuple? It’s never been a real thing. It was pure queerbaiting. Literally every media talked about it when the Krakoa started but the buzz disappeared pretty fast.
    On this I agree.
    I'd also add that fandom (or, better, I should use the word "fanon") has changed a lot in the last decade, with the social media, which doesn't help.
    Up till then, you shipped whoever you wanted and it was a silent rule of the fanon that what you did in the fanon stayed in the fanon. Now... yes, people conflagrate fandom and canon and that's wrong on so many levels. There's also this need to see one's slash pair to be confirmed in canon. So, so wrong! Because fans of a certain ship go to pester the authors or pretend authors to canonize the ship. When fanon was never meant to get things canonized - it was just a "play with someone else's toys".

On Logan... Well, a man as old as Logan... On one side you'd expect him to be old-minded, and perhaps a bit of bigot/homophobic. On the other side, you'd think he tried everything, including love (or just sex) for/with a man.
    But I understand your point on Logan / Daken. If I were a Logan (or Daken's) fan I'd be very, very annoyed too.

Edit: if it wasn't clear, I'm an old-school fan who keeps canon and fanon separate.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 05-19-2024 at 05:24 PM.
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

DC--- we need to sit down and have a good talk about Apollo and Midnighter and your failure of using them. Especially during Pride Month.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    As you should. The same way I skip over all the Logan should be gay with Morph b.s. What is this fan fiction shit? Even the show runner said it was a one way attraction. In the same vein, we’ve seen Jean getting it on with both Scott and Logan in the Krakoan era. So clearly it was an open relationship for a bit. Doesn’t mean all three of them were getting it on together or that Scott and Logan are in love. There are plenty of actual gay and bi characters to lean into if that’s your thing.
    Yep. And don’t get me wrong, folks can ship who they want. Gay, straight or otherwise. But with some fans there’s such an overwhelming and annoying push for these things, that it’s like they get upset with the creators when something they want to happen doesn’t actually happen (e.g., Logan suddenly being gay for Morph, or Scott and Logan being bi for each other and for Jean).
    I've always found "shipping" so strange, why are adults so interested in the sexual lives of fictional characters; especially characters that are meant to be read by literal strangers.

Some of these "fans" have no self awareness at all and don't see how creepy they look.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Aww. Come on, peeps. Conservative outlets picked on/lamented Hickman's suuuper obvious gay joke. It wasn't just the shippers.

I must've ignored or missed it. Thankfully.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

That "Scott in a speedo" line was just a joke, it's not Brevoort's fault if fans create a whole story around friendly banter.

BANNED

If people think this is the end of shipping Wolverine or Cyclops with other men, they're sorely mistaken. Look at the MCU ships and how popular Stucky was (Steve and Bucky) with the fandom. There were people booing the Steve/Sharon kiss in Civil War and who still don't accept the Endgame ending with Steve and Peggy. I think Stucky is the most popular of the MCU ships online. Steve/Bucky/Sam are also a popular throuple.

Steve/Sam, Steve/Tony, Bruce/Tony, Strange/Tony, Carol/Valkyrie, Nat/Peggy, Thor/Loki, etc. are some very other popular slash ships. And Carol and Valkyrie was even promoted by their actresses. X-Men has always leaned very progressive and queer. There's probably going to be examples of the actors promoting some of these slash ships if they feel it's popular with the fans.

The X-Men haven't re-entered the mainstream yet so if you guys think it's bad now with Xavier/Magneto, Wolverine/Morph or Wolverine/Cyclops, wait till it really gets going.

Definitely not the end. And I typically don’t care. It’s only when fans get upset with creators that their head canon isn’t real that it gets annoying. That’s all.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Definitely not the end. And I typically don’t care. It’s only when fans get upset with creators that their head canon isn’t real that it gets annoying. That’s all.
    That's going to happen too based on what I remember seeing for the reactions with Steve. That he didn't end up with Bucky or Sam or basically anyone who wasn't Peggy. Social media was very upset then. But as pointed out, Marvel is never going to let their second most popular character of all time be gay or bisexual. It's just how it is, whether that's a good thing or not. Same reason Peter Parker has never had a relationship with another male character. So regardless of what fans ship, like with Morph currently and probably Kurt in future movies, there's no reason to get too upset because you know Marvel's never going to make that happen. In fact, out of all the X-characters, Wolverine is probably the most safe based on his status.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Thankfully the annoyance and silliness is easily ignored.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I mean, it is possible to have heterosexual threesomes where the two guys don't interact. I was fine with headcanon-ing that Scott/Logan was indeed a part of it while people who see them as straight could also interpret it as just sharing Jean.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

He's talking about Jean and Logan though, not Scott and Logan. Outside of Percy early in his runs, nobody was interested in portraying that anyway. Brevoort is doing what White did years ago by sweeping that under a rug, although to an even further extent.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    That "Scott in a speedo" line was just a joke, it's not Brevoort's fault if fans create a whole story around friendly banter.
    It really had to be Americans to take that joke as a confirmation because e.g in Italy or Spain men can be even more idk id say flirty or touchy with each other but it’s not a romance.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Where are people getting that they're replacing Captain Marvel with Storm?
    Yeah it's kinda hilarious to see. I wasn't gonna respond to this but now that you mentioned it I might as well do it.

Storm literally has nothing that Scarlet Witch doesn't have. As a matter of fact Scarlet Witch has like 12 solo covers on Avengers alone. Far more then anyone else. She also obviously has merchandise that is selling well and is one of the most popular characters in a cinematic franchise.
    But this isn't some competition. I'm just stating facts because some people very bad at actually seeing them.

But it's shows an interesting dynamic about society that I recently had a conversation with someone else about.
    Males are taught to be buddies. Work together and lift each other up. This is why leading positions are predominantly male. Females on the other hand are taught to be rivals. Compete with each other and therefore keeping the group down.

And it's the exact same thing here. There can be a trillion male superheroes and nobody says anything. But as soon as a single female rises to prominence, it's suddenly Highlander time and there can only be one. Isn't that messed up? How about not setting queens up against one another? Just something to think about.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Oh god now he’s annoyed the queer x-men fans

IMG_1232.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    On this I agree.
    I'd also add that fandom (or, better, I should use the word "fanon") has changed a lot in the last decade, with the social media, which doesn't help.
    Up till then, you shipped whoever you wanted and it was a silent rule of the fanon that what you did in the fanon stayed in the fanon. Now... yes, people conflagrate fandom and canon and that's wrong on so many levels. There's also this need to see one's slash pair to be confirmed in canon. So, so wrong! Because fans of a certain ship go to pester the authors or pretend authors to canonize the ship. When fanon was never meant to get things canonized - it was just a "play with someone else's toys".

On Logan... Well, a man as old as Logan... On one side you'd expect him to be old-minded, and perhaps a bit of bigot/homophobic. On the other side, you'd think he tried everything, including love (or just sex) for/with a man.
    But I understand your point on Logan / Daken. If I were a Logan (or Daken's) fan I'd be very, very annoyed too.

Edit: if it wasn't clear, I'm an old-school fan who keeps canon and fanon separate.
    One thing you have to realize is for a lot of those people, it's not just shipping, they actually see all those characters as gay or bi. They don't just want a pairing, they want their view of those characters confirmed and legitimized.

We are After-Iceman, after all... From the moment Bendis said "the people on my Tumblr have convinced me Iceman is gay", everything changed. Now, almost every character is subject to having their orientation changed by fan pressure, and some characters people might think are too big to change, with the right writer and editor...

It's a running joke among fans who have left the medium, who will ask fans still reading "who have they made gay now?" It's treated as a joke by a lot of them. The books currently being produced are technically cannon, but an increasing number of fans clearly no longer see them as such. That's a problem, and it's growing.
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...