Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Thoughts on Jubilee in X-Men ‘97 so far-

First off… I do have to say that I’m pleasantly surprised with the amount of episodes that Jubilee has been in so far. Out of the first 8 episodes, Jubilee has only been absent from episode #6. While she didn’t say anything in episode 2, I’m still counting it as she was shown in background/reaction shots and wasn’t a flashback or anything like that. This surprised me, since before the show came on the air, I was hoping she would at least be in the Motendo episode.

As far as dialogue- I do think the writing team and new voice actress are capturing her spirit, sarcasm, and heart. Episodes 1, 4, 7, and 8 have all given Jubilee some really good lines and have progressed her story further on. She’s shown as caring, sarcastically defensive of her friends/Roberto/teammates… and has even mentioned her foster parents. I was secretly hoping we would at least hear about her family instead of this new series forgetting about them.

For powers- I’ve been blown away at how beautiful they are compared to the original show. Very colorful and dynamic. I love how Jubilee is trying new things (minor ability to hover,) and is causing more noticeable damage- like blowing apart the monsters in episode 3 and causing that atomic black hole on Mojo!

The main concern I have is that she has so far been sidelined from any of the major team battles. I know she’s been stuck hanging with Roberto, but I’m really hoping that her increased power display in episode 4 pays off in the last two episodes.
    If we see her actually participating and helping the team in a good way in these next two episodes, I will very confidently say that I’m 100% happy with her showing this season.

What are your thoughts? Anyone think she will get some good power displays these next two episodes?
    Very much the same. And for some reason, hearing that the voice actress was going to be replaced had me thinking the new one would be phoning it in. Not sure why I thought that be she's done a really good job.

The costume update is a pretty good translation of one I really like from the comics.

I don't really see why we are aging her up. At all. I don't see a problem with her still being a kid. Would have liked Roberto to have started off younger too as he debut as a 13-14 year old in the comics.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    X-TERMINATORS #5 (2022) - Miniseries in which Jubilee, Boomer, X-23, Dazzler team up to kick ass and blow stuff up. Sequel planned.

You know, for some reason I completely blanked on the fact that Jubilee pushed her powers to atomic explosion levels in this run even though I bought and read every issue as they came out. : /
    Was wanting her to pull this sort of thing on Nimrod as payback for the gala.
    Last edited by wlfking; 05-03-2024 at 01:44 AM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

(I think we will get to see this because the show has already done a great job with her) but I’m hoping to see Jubes go nuts with her powers. We know she’s low-key a powerhouse but it never seems to get developed properly.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    You know, for some reason I completely blanked on the fact that Jubilee pushed her powers to atomic explosion levels in this run even though I bought and read every issue as they came out. : /
    Was wanting her to pull this sort of thing on Nimrod as payback for the gala.
    It was the greatest thing about that mini honestly.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

The new Free Comic Book Day Blood Hunt/Uncanny issue has a story that features Jubilee. It’s really powerful, in that she stands up against bigots in order to protect a mutant who is noticeably different in appearance.
    Another awesome part of this issue- there is a moment in the beginning where Jubilee is staking out the old X-Mansion… that is now functioning as a prison for mutants. An older man named Phillip inside the prison mentions to his boss that he wasn’t able to get a read on the girl. He noted that it was like she wasn’t even there.

I went on Twitter and asked Gail Simone if this means Jubilee still has her telepathic immunity power from her first few issues 35 years ago… and she confirmed that it does! The issue also shows the people at the prison noting that they need to update their file on Jubilee, as her powers are more formidable than they initially thought.

The new Free Comic Book Day Blood Hunt/Uncanny issue has a story that features Jubilee. It’s really powerful, in that she stands up against bigots in order to protect a mutant who is noticeably different in appearance.
    Another awesome part of this issue- there is a moment in the beginning where Jubilee is staking out the old X-Mansion… that is now functioning as a prison for mutants. An older man named Phillip inside the prison mentions to his boss that he wasn’t able to get a read on the girl. He noted that it was like she wasn’t even there.

I went on Twitter and asked Gail Simone if this means Jubilee still has her telepathic immunity power from her first few issues 35 years ago… and she confirmed that it does! The issue also shows the people at the prison noting that they need to update their file on Jubilee, as her powers are more formidable than they initially thought.
    Yesssssss, this is what I like to hear!

Oh, I’m even more excited, now! I’m hoping this means Gail will also be picking up where X-Terminators left her in terms of potential powers, too.

For those of you that play Marvel Puzzle Quest… I just found out that Jubilee now has two new playable variants in the game as of a few days ago. A 3-star Jubilee (vampire,) and then a 5-star Jubilee (Phoenix Force,) which is when she had Moira’s powers in the X-Men ‘92 comic. The five star version also has an extra Jubilee skin from X-Men ‘97 that comes with the pack.

If you aren’t familiar with the game, it is kind of like candy crush, but with Marvel heroes and villains. After you make enough matches with certain colors, you can use abilities/powers that affect the board and enemy team… each with cool effects, sounds, images that play out.

Pretty cool to see her getting this focus! She was also recently available as a skin and contrail in Rocket League!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Can we talk about how great Jubilee was handled in the first season of ‘97?!!! I for one was blown away with the amount of screen-time she had. After decades of being let down from her scenes being deleted in basically every movie… this was such a refreshing surprise.

Spoilers for the final episode…..

……

Jubilee’s image, along with Sunspot and Cable, was shown as AWOL near the end of the final episode. After the team defeated Bastion and saved the world… those three were left in present time, whereas the others were split into different timelines. Is anyone worried that this means Jubilee (and Sunspot and Cable…) will be completely absent from the next season? Or do you think they will be shown at least a bit doing their own heroics/adventures?

Can we talk about how great Jubilee was handled in the first season of ‘97?!!! I for one was blown away with the amount of screen-time she had. After decades of being let down from her scenes being deleted in basically every movie… this was such a refreshing surprise.

Spoilers for the final episode…..

……

Jubilee’s image, along with Sunspot and Cable, was shown as AWOL near the end of the final episode. After the team defeated Bastion and saved the world… those three were left in present time, whereas the others were split into different timelines. Is anyone worried that this means Jubilee (and Sunspot and Cable…) will be completely absent from the next season? Or do you think they will be shown at least a bit doing their own heroics/adventures?
    Of course not. The way Scott and Jean left off, its a guarantee that Cable will be back. Next season will be all about Apocalypse so they have to bring him back. More than likely Cable has formed X-Force to train the next generation of young students in preparation of that. Jubilee nad Sunspot are shoe-ins but I think the team will be rounded out by New Mutant and Gen X members

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If they do X-Force without forming new mutants first its a mistake. But if they do dont have NM or GenX. We have Sunspot and Cannonball in universe. Also Boom Boom. Domino And feral and Rictor.We just need Shatterstar
    Warpath Siryn.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    If they do X-Force without forming new mutants first its a mistake. But if they do dont have NM or GenX. We have Sunspot and Cannonball in universe. Also Boom Boom. Domino And feral and Rictor.We just need Shatterstar
    Warpath Siryn.
    This series has already shown that they will skip and/or rush through things in order to get characters to wher they need them to be. Look how they did Inferno and Endgame in the span of a half hour just so they could get Cable on the board to establish his place as a Summers. I really dont think New Mutants need to exist as a precursor group to to X-Force. Jubilee and Sunspot will serve as stand-ins for the "OG New Mutants" and any new character added to the group like the ones you mentioned would fill the role of the characters added very late in the book like Feral, Warpath and Siryn

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I Never said do New Mutants. I said certain characters alrwad exist so Jubilee doesnt have ro stand in for anyone. Sunspot is I. 97, Cannonball, Domino,Boom Boom Feral ricrtor exist in x-men the animated series i just said they can bring them together. No need to make them new mutants first
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I Never said do New Mutants. I said certain characters alrwad exist so Jubilee doesnt have ro stand in for anyone. Sunspot is I. 97, Cannonball, Domino,Boom Boom Feral ricrtor exist in x-men the animated series i just said they can bring them together. No need to make them new mutants first
    Yeah, but one of the flaws this has is that he's happy to write out people he feels add too many characters.