Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    One of the most amusing quirks of telekinesis was Psylocke. She at one time could make psionic weapons, OR crush things with brute force... but NOT telekinetically pick up a penny.

It's an interesting idea of looking at precision of control.

The Emma thing could be that Emma lacks the ability to actually generate the TK energy needed and has to, with great effort, pull it into her from her environment, THEN use it as an attack.

Raw TK power for Emma might be that she can barely levitate a penny normally?
    Rather than TK, I’d rather them just bring back psibolts and telepaths using psychic energy to affect the environment physically. Emma’s had a bunch of “blast” like attacks out of her hands that tend to have physical effects on people and Xavier has blown up a sentinel, used psi blades in AVX, and blown up a microverse (or something im not familiar with that feat) even before his tk addition. I wouldn’t love Emma to become another telekinetic as we have that with so many of the other psychics. I’d rather her and Xavier tbh just utilize psychic energy in a physical capacity but primarily focus on mental attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicHobo View Post
    Rather than TK, I’d rather them just bring back psibolts and telepaths using psychic energy to affect the environment physically. Emma’s had a bunch of “blast” like attacks out of her hands that tend to have physical effects on people and Xavier has blown up a sentinel, used psi blades in AVX, and blown up a microverse (or something im not familiar with that feat) even before his tk addition. I wouldn’t love Emma to become another telekinetic as we have that with so many of the other psychics. I’d rather her and Xavier tbh just utilize psychic energy in a physical capacity but primarily focus on mental attacks.
    Yeah, back in the old days there was more to psionics than just TP and TK.

Pyrokinesis... yes.. THAT...

Also, some writers have even interpreted Magneto's powers as psionic. IE magneto-kinesis.

Oh and "psionic vampires"....

It's weird and kinda ruins the setting when everyone with psionic powers is... some form of TK/TP....

In X-Men '97 Episode 10 - Intro we reminded of Emma psi powers blocking Charles. I wonder why...

She is also in the list of potential X Men that Forge and Bishop are considering. I hope we have more of her in Season 2.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    In X-Men '97 Episode 10 - Intro we reminded of Emma psi powers blocking Charles. I wonder why...

She is also in the list of potential X Men that Forge and Bishop are considering. I hope we have more of her in Season 2.
    That also piqued my interest... so far all flashes from TAS in the intro have been foreshadowing upcoming events or characters so that didn't seem to fit the bill, and I don't know if Emma appearing on Forge's board at the end counts. They could have used a shot of Emma alone instead of the one with Charles.

But yes, Emma on Forge/Bishop's substitute X-Men (X-Force? X-Factor?) team in season 2 would be sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    PRYDE OF THE X-MEN Emma Frost, focused totality psi weapons before focused totality was a thing...and check out that flight entry!
    I guess they figured, she wears a cape so she must fly...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-16-2024 at 08:54 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

A man gushes about why he believes Emma is great for about 33 minutes if you need it.

“After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Emma and Cuckoos redesign by u/designerxjerry on reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    A man gushes about why he believes Emma is great for about 33 minutes if you need it.
    We all need it

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I rewatched First Class and I forgot how bland Emma was written and acted. Of course then they totally dropped her from appearing in DoFP....

such a shame.

I rewatched First Class and I forgot how bland Emma was written and acted. Of course then they totally dropped her from appearing in DoFP....

such a shame.

The best thing that came out of that, Emma-wise, was January Jones's tabloid baiting. When she was pregnant, she refused to say who the father actually was and said it was James Marsden (they are apparently friends outside of their acting gigs). At the time I couldn't help but laugh.
    Dark does not mean deep.

such a shame.

Not an ideal Emma sure, but a decent one imo. She nailed the air of being a rich snob and looks the part nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The best thing that came out of that, Emma-wise, was January Jones's tabloid baiting. When she was pregnant, she refused to say who the father actually was and said it was James Marsden (they are apparently friends outside of their acting gigs). At the time I couldn't help but laugh.
    I thought Dick Whitman was the father?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I thought Dick Whitman was the father?
    Maybe, but at the time I remember she wouldn't say one way or the other. I didn't keep up on what has happened since then.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Maybe, but at the time I remember she wouldn't say one way or the other. I didn't keep up on what has happened since then.
    I was joking. Dick Whitman was the name of Don Draper’s character on Mad Men before he took on the new identity.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 05-30-2024 at 11:22 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver