Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Transformers 40th movie is out today. No word on box office yet for it.
    *event
    It was NOT the 1986 Animated movie (this was all over the socials and mocked), it was the FIRST FOUR episodes of the TV show.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fall guy heading to vod after just two weeks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...5dde5e00&ei=11

*event
    It was NOT the 1986 Animated movie (this was all over the socials and mocked), it was the FIRST FOUR episodes of the TV show.
    They said it was that from day one even the movie poster says it as does the trailer. Episodes with live comm from the cast at times and wraparounds. Mock episodes on the big screen? GOT, yellowstone, x-men 97, demon slayer, ashoka, chosen and tons of others did this so why attack this one?

Heck japan has done this for years with anime like cells at work putting episodes on the big screen to promote the upcoming season or an anniversary of a show.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-20-2024 at 05:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Not attacking. Correcting.
    It was a poor marketing tactic. So many TF fans who showed up for the movie and got TV episodes were not happy who didn't read up on the event beyond the lie of the promotional material.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Again, right there in the trailer.

In other things happy 40th to temple of doom today.

The jim henson bio movie for disney plus will now get a limited big screen release as well.

Extraordinary Member

I just saw is youtube thumbnail.
    EVERY Disney Marvel Film Since Endgame FLOPPED - New UK Docs Reveal Doctor Strange 2 Cost $400M.

VALLIANT RENEGADE.

I did not see the video but that youtube channel obsession after endgame is to say all disney marvel films flopped.
    This guy is a clear liar.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-22-2024 at 11:10 PM.

Story on how vod two weeks later is killing the movie chains and training people not to go to the movies and just wait two weeks.

Fall guy hitting first on vod sales sets it all in. People wanted to see it but just waited two weeks for the vod. This is the third place that has called hollywood out over how dumb they have been and killing their own industry.

They need to go back to 6 months like the pre 2000s was.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235906232/

EVERY Disney Marvel Film Since Endgame FLOPPED
    Thor 4 made almost a billion. Gotg 3 made $800m. Yeah right. Someone doesn't know zip.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-24-2024 at 08:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Story on how vod two weeks later is killing the movie chains and training people not to go to the movies and just wait two weeks.

Fall guy hitting first on vod sales sets it all in. People wanted to see it but just waited two weeks for the vod. This is the third place that has called hollywood out over how dumb they have been and killing their own industry.

They need to go back to 6 months like the pre 2000s was.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235906232/

Thor 4 made almost a billion. Gotg 3 made $800m. Yeah right. Someone doesn't know zip.
    And don't forget Dr. Strange 2.

And yes, at least 6 months, anything below that time window is killing the movie or taking box office away. Even I, that loves the cinematic experience is waiting for many movies. I went to just one movie this year. Usually I go once a month.

So got back from garfield with the family. Went at a 1:40 in the afternoon on a friday showing. Showing was over half full and all families!

Say what you will on vod and yes it needs to have longer windows I was not expecting that many people! Our showing clapped at the end also!

Also, they made a wonder 2? Didn't even know that!

Ultimate Member

It's an abysmal memorial day weekend.

I (and others) said this multiple times last year, people aren't still going into theaters in the numbers they used. The pandemic plus quick home releases (The Fall Guy is already streaming) have conditioned people to wait for movies at home. Even critically acclaimed films are faltering.

Outside of the large event films, cinemas are going to struggle and thats the real danger. A handful of movies succeeding over the course of the year is going to be a big big problem. Hopefully Inside Out 2 and Deadpool 2 can get help improve things but Deadpool and Wolverine is still weeks away.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-25-2024 at 06:51 AM.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's an abysmal memorial day weekend.

I (and others) said this multiple times last year, people aren't still going into theaters in the numbers they used. The pandemic plus quick home releases (The Fall Guy is already streaming) have conditioned people to wait for movies at home. Even critically acclaimed films are faltering.

Outside of the large event films, cinemas are going to struggle and thats the real danger. A handful of movies succeeding over the course of the year is going to be a big big problem. Hopefully Inside Out 2 and Deadpool 2 can get help improve things but Deadpool and Wolverine is still weeks away.
    The box office just isn't a sustainable model. They've tried everything to make it enticing. But at the end of the day, most people don't want to spend that kind of money to watch one movie.

Putting movies on vod so early is killing the industry. They need to go back to 6 months window again.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Putting movies on vod so early is killing the industry. They need to go back to 6 months window again.
    The box office was on a slow march before the pandemic, being sustained by tent pole movies. Now, they can't even rely on that. Restricting streaming isn't going to change it because audiences will just continue finding alternatives.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Not having better movies is killing theaters. What was anyone expecting from these movies? When has Mad Max ever been huge? I checked Mojo and Fury Road finished 21st for the year. It’s not exactly a massive franchise. I just don’t think anything released is doing that much worse than expectations. A movie like Fall Guy in the traditional Marvel anchor spot is crazy.

Then I’d agree that people are more money conscious and choosing to spend their money differently. But theaters aren’t even getting a fighting chance with most of what’s available to them.