Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #252: Sinister Secrets Pt. 2

Here’s the link to the article: https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/20/x-...ecrets-part-2/

Overall enjoyed this week’s interview more than last week and had some initial reactions:

1. Not a fan of how fans are portrayed for still asking about certain panels or plot threads. Like don’t set mysteries and intrigue, profit off said investment in your stories, and then get confused when folks want answers.

2. JDW feels like he can’t reveal who the original final villain of the Krakoa era is because it would have been SO shocking.

3. We could have gotten an Ayala New Mutants FoX book! I always thought their exit from the office was super abrupt and I wanna know who approved Realm of X over the NM pitch.

4. Playing around more with the World, especially as a parallel to the Vault would have been really cool IMO.

5. More than ever I’m realizing that the Moira stuff will never land (for me) because they never settled on who she was as a character (and reconciling that with her past appearances) before putting her at the center of all these huge plot threads.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 05-20-2024 at 06:45 AM.

This interview shows why the Krakoa era fumbled once Hickman left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    JDW feels like he can’t reveal who the original final villain of the Krakoa era is because it would have been SO shocking.
    Wasn't it speculated to be Doug?

Here’s the link to the article: https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/20/x-...ecrets-part-2/

Overall enjoyed this week’s interview more than last week and had some initial reactions:

1. Not a fan of how fans are portrayed for still asking about certain panels or plot threads. Like don’t set mysteries and intrigue, profit off said investment in your stories, and then get confused when folks want answers.

2. JDW feels like he can’t reveal who the original final villain of the Krakoa era is because it would have been SO shocking.

3. We could have gotten an Ayala New Mutants FoX book! I always thought their exit from the office was super abrupt and I wanna know who approved Realm of X over the NM pitch.

4. Playing around more with the World, especially as a parallel to the Vault would have been really cool IMO.

5. More than ever I’m realizing that the Moira stuff will never land (for me) because they never settled on who she was as a character (and reconciling that with her past appearances) before putting her at the center of all these huge plot threads.
    Thanks for starting the thread and it was nice to see your question presented!

Bummer that a lot of the things brought up were ideas that were just never followed up on. But I guess that's the nature of comics, things come and go all the time and threads remain loose.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

JDW was right because after reading that I am thinking "what a bunch of idiots."
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member

Storm and Black Panther baby? I will never waver on my belief that Hickman's story of life 10 was always an alternate timeline that would end with resetting to life 11 and rejoining the 616 continuity when it was done.

Since we have 20 years to speculate on it, I am going to start off with suspecting Kate Pryde was going to be the villain based on that weird plot that never went anywhere and how it was supposed to be shocking.

Kate Pryde as a neo Queen?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    This interview shows why the Krakoa era fumbled once Hickman left.

Wasn't it speculated to be Doug?
    Hickman definitely seemed to have big plans for him but there's never been anything concrete other than "Doug's been saying some weird shit"

Imagine if it was Hellion. Literally no one but me would see it coming, yet it would make so much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

AIPT: X-Fan PoundsOfLove asked: Kid Apocalypse/Genesis never made his return. Did the Quiet Council discuss his resurrection the same way they discussed Madelyne Pryor’s? And if so, who voted against his return?

Jordan: So this is very much one of those questions I was referring to where I said I’m not going to sit here and make up canon. I’m not going to write a scene for you. I think you have to assume that they must have. Who voted what? I don’t know, maybe Apocalypse filibustered going, “I will not allow this to happen.”
    Totally coherent with the whole X-line, and the latest X-Men Forever issue.
    Preserve the past, kill the future. Who needs Sentinels when the new generations of mutants keep being murdered for the sake of the old guard?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very much agreed on the first point. I get what White is saying about plans not coming to fruition at times, but narrative coherence and mysteries that pay off and get resolved should be the norm and it's fair for readers to have expectations if you build up subplots in your comics.

With regards to the Krakoa era's original big bad, I could have sworn Hickman had strongly hinted that it was going to be Doug Ramsey?

It's a shame for Ayala. The New Mutants vs Lethal Legion mini was greenlighted, and not her New Mutants?
    We could have had the resolution of the Tier Sinclair plot.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

TWO MORE WEEKS of this nonsense and I can finally put a period on this saga.

It shows that none of the higher ups had no idea what to do after Hickman left, like there was no series bible?

Marvel what are you doing?

Astonishing Member

Doug/ warlock were probably going to be the villans with backings from a chunk the quite councle

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Very much agreed on the first point. I get what White is saying about plans not coming to fruition at times, but narrative coherence and mysteries that pay off and get resolved should be the norm and it's fair for readers to have expectations if you build up subplots in your comics.

With regards to the Krakoa era's original big bad, I could have sworn Hickman had strongly hinted that it was going to be Doug Ramsey?
    Yeah Cerebrocast has talked about having conversations with Hickman about it. Then during his interview Doug came up and Connor said to Jonathan, "we need to speak about Doug one day....." and Hickman seemed to knowingly agree. He didn't want to fully reveal anything at the time in case the X-office decided to go down any of his mapped out routes. But it seems like JDW wasn't into the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It's a shame for Ayala. The New Mutants vs Lethal Legion mini was greenlighted, and not her New Mutants?
    We could have had the resolution of the Tier Sinclair plot.
    I liked the idea of the last Hellfire Gala being another crossover that turned "dark" due to the Orchis attack. New Mutants would have been a great addition to it all.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Really disappointing.
    And yeah it would probably have been Doug.