Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    That’s actually not really what editors do at all at comic book companies. It’s a logistics position.

They’re coordinators. They make sure that the writers, pencilers, inkers, colorists, letterers, designs, cover artists, variant covers, all get their instructions correctly and get in on time. They make sure that the Editor in Chief’s guidelines are being fill. They coordinate with other offices on things like events, crossovers, the like. They make sure books get sent off to the printers, etc.

They’re notoriously overworked and underpaid, especially at Marvel. They don’t have the time to worry about little things like if a c-plot from three years earlier is wrapped up. Not even if they wanted to.
    Reading this reminded me of an interview JDW did earlier this year I think. He said the first priority of his job was making sure books were released on time. Like you said, he said that means checking in with everyone along the assembly line to make sure things are moving, with different books at different stages of development.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Imagine if it was Hellion. Literally no one but me would see it coming, yet it would make so much sense.
    Hellion could tell from the beginning that Krakoa was built on rotten foundations. He had to destroy Krakoa to save the mutants!
    “Politics exist to squabble any bit of organization the public can usually muster.” —Beast

The problem is a lot of unresolved plot threads from this era leave a very bad taste in my mouth. So, it's best to just ignore them, like they didn't happen? I'd be up for that.
    “Politics exist to squabble any bit of organization the public can usually muster.” —Beast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    It's a shame for Ayala. The New Mutants vs Lethal Legion mini was greenlighted, and not her New Mutants?
    We could have had the resolution of the Tier Sinclair plot.
    Forgot that even existed. That was certainly a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The more I read interviews like this, the more I find myself asking what exactly editors at Marvel do? I get a writer/ artist putting p in an issue as a potential story nugget but wouldnÂ’t an editor be the person to keep them accountable to addressing it? Or at least be the person to keep track of hanging threads so that the line DOESNÂ’T get out of hand because nothing is being addressed.
    Office Space
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I’m wondering why a number of people who have disliked this era seem to feel that Hickman was blameless.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’m wondering why a number of people who have disliked this era seem to feel that Hickman was blameless.
    Admittedly, it's easy to vindicate Hickman and trash the people to whom he passed the baton when we don't know what his long-term plan actually was, or how he would have handled it. For all we know he could have been moving towards a jangling clunker of a conclusion, but (1) after HOXPOX it's pretty hard to imagine him committing any really embarrassing blunders in guiding and sticking the landing (2) the overall vision of the X-books (and the line was pretty uneven, right out the gate) undeniably became blurrier and goofier after his departure.

I suspect that if Hickman introduced a fatal flaw into Krakoa from the start, it was that he was writing a check which the comic book industry couldn't cash. There was no way a story operating on the cosmic scale of HOXPOX wasn't going to end with some variety of cop-out (probably a Moria reset) that left the world of Earth-616 none the worse for wear after the shocks of mutant ascendency, a Dominion apocalypse, etc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Itchpfork View Post
    I suspect that if Hickman introduced a fatal flaw into Krakoa from the start, it was that he was writing a check which the comic book industry couldn't cash. There was no way a story operating on the cosmic scale of HOXPOX wasn't going to end with some variety of cop-out (probably a Moria reset) that left the world of Earth-616 none the worse for wear after the shocks of mutant ascendency, a Dominion apocalypse, etc.
    I think that it only would have worked if they didn't do any cross over with non X books... when Logan in she hulk and AXE happened the reset wasn't possible without major issues
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Itchpfork View Post
    Admittedly, it's easy to vindicate Hickman and trash the people to whom he passed the baton when we don't know what his long-term plan actually was, or how he would have handled it. For all we know he could have been moving towards a jangling clunker of a conclusion, but (1) after HOXPOX it's pretty hard to imagine him committing any really embarrassing blunders in guiding and sticking the landing (2) the overall vision of the X-books (and the line was pretty uneven, right out the gate) undeniably became blurrier and goofier after his departure.

But the thing is, he did it already once before: AVENGERS & SECRET WARS

maybe he thought he would be given another carte blanche, but Marvel chickened out

Can someone post the Q&A here? That stupid website crashes iPad browsers…

Did anyone ask who the New X-Men team was gonna be?

X-Men Monday Call for Questions: Steve Foxe for ‘X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse’
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/25/x-...ir-apocalypse/

As the Krakoan era comes to a close and Apocalypse takes his throne on Arakko, one important question remains: Who will fill En Sabah Nur’s big blue boots on Earth and ensure mutants don’t grow weak? It’s a question only writer Steve Foxe can answer in June’s X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse mini-series. But before then, Steve’s also happy to answer whatever questions you have about his story with artist Netho Diaz in an upcoming edition of X-Men Monday at AIPT!

Accepting Questions About: X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse

Deadline: Tuesday, May 28, 2024 @ 5 PM ET
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    But the thing is, he did it already once before: AVENGERS & SECRET WARS

maybe he thought he would be given another carte blanche, but Marvel chickened out
    I mean, the real truth is that Hickman left to do 3W3M. Marvel was never going to just pay somebody else to write Hickman’s plots wholesale. And they weren’t going to pay Hickman to be Head of X if he wasn’t writing a monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    X-Men Monday Call for Questions: Steve Foxe for ‘X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse’
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/25/x-...ir-apocalypse/

As the Krakoan era comes to a close and Apocalypse takes his throne on Arakko, one important question remains: Who will fill En Sabah Nur’s big blue boots on Earth and ensure mutants don’t grow weak? It’s a question only writer Steve Foxe can answer in June’s X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse mini-series. But before then, Steve’s also happy to answer whatever questions you have about his story with artist Netho Diaz in an upcoming edition of X-Men Monday at AIPT!

Accepting Questions About: X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse

Deadline: Tuesday, May 28, 2024 @ 5 PM ET
    My only questions would be spoiler-y about Cable in this, and his future. Can’t think of anything else I want to ask about.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It's weird how a lot of things were just left in the air to be picked up, without any plan in mind. Like I get the World stuff, and at least there was a plan in mind that didn't come to fruition. But it feels weird to set up things like the Reed/Xavier whisper, and not even having a possible idea for a plan later. I guess it gives writers more freedom to write as they please, and it allows them to focus on developing their own ideas and close off other plots. But considering how directionless late Krakoa has felt, I would have liked to see the franchise be guided towards developing this stuff.
    This is par for the course for Marvel... do you remember how Cyclops was universally hated for something terribly heinous he supposedly did, and when it was revealed what he really did, it was basically... nothing.. ? Not even stopping the Terrigen Cloud... Medusa did that.

Never get excited by mysteries. Marvel never prepares a good answer in advance...