Page 100 of 109 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1632
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    One thing you have to realize is for a lot of those people, it's not just shipping, they actually see all those characters as gay or bi. They don't just want a pairing, they want their view of those characters confirmed and legitimized.

We are After-Iceman, after all... From the moment Bendis said "the people on my Tumblr have convinced me Iceman is gay", everything changed. Now, almost every character is subject to having their orientation changed by fan pressure, and some characters people might think are too big to change, with the right writer and editor...

It's a running joke among fans who have left the medium, who will ask fans still reading "who have they made gay now?" It's treated as a joke by a lot of them. The books currently being produced are technically cannon, but an increasing number of fans clearly no longer see them as such. That's a problem, and it's growing.
    This is a good point. Some characters, like Wolverine, will automatically be safe because they're too huge to change and risk alienating fans. But others like Iceman are fair game now. If it could happen to him, I can see it happening to others like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    And there hasn't been in a while. I think the last one was SPecter and Graymalkin, other than Prodigy and Speed. Personally I'd like to read some gay couple stories with guys who are in the late 20's/early 30's, instead of teen stories. Maybe take Pyro and match him up with someone, even if it means creating a new character.
    How about Hercules? He’s got a few years on his odometer as I understand it.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's no wonder some fans are more invested in the fanon gay characters/ships when you look at the current lineup of books and realize there's not a single m/m couple in any of them. And that's how it usually is. Like, what even is there in canon?
    I think Iceman was supposed to offer this surefire representation, but alas the writers have no idea of what to do with him, and even if they did, no one to reliably pair him with.

His on-and-off romance with that aged-up inhuman teenager is a baffling editorial approval, but unfortunately Jordan White was too often asleep at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    I think Iceman was supposed to offer this surefire representation, but alas the writers have no idea of what to do with him, and even if they did, no one to reliably pair him with.

His on-and-off romance with that aged-up inhuman teenager is a baffling editorial approval, but unfortunately Jordan White was too often asleep at the wheel.
    Romeo is Bobby’s endgame
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post

Yeah, dating some Z-list Inhuman no one cares about does Bobby no favors. And this character is pretty much unusable for adaptations.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, dating some Z-list Inhuman no one cares about does Bobby no favors. And this character is pretty much unusable for adaptations.
    I think it's very easy to just make Romeo a mutant and be done with it.

I think what Vecchio did with Romeo was smart. It paralleled what happened to Bobby pretty neatly and preserved the work put into the character in a form that's usable in a world where Iceman is an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think it's very easy to just make Romeo a mutant and be done with it.

I think what Vecchio did with Romeo was smart. It paralleled what happened to Bobby pretty neatly and preserved the work put into the character in a form that's usable in a world where Iceman is an adult.
    It's easier to just have him date a mutant. Retconning Romeo wouldn't much help his status.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brevoort
    marvelwizkid
    What are you thoughts on the Krakoan era changing up the dynamics of the Scott-Jean-Logan relationship to having Jean openly be in a romantic relationship with both men? Is this something you intend to carry on in From The Ashes or something to be left behind
    A couple of people have asked me about this, wizkid, and so let me turn this back around on you. Because I don’t think there was ever much of anything that was on the page in any of the Krakoa stories that said anything of the kind. Jonathan was perhaps cheeky in an interview or two, as is his way, but if it’s not on the page, it’s not on the stage, and I don’t recall there being a lot of on-page action that would need to be addressed.
    Does Brevoort think we're freakin' stupid?

"If it's not on the page, it's not on the stage." Tom, how about you either not insult our intelligence by trying to gaslight us like an abusive domestic partner -- or if you're just uninformed rather than malicious, then read the books you're now responsible for managing:

x-force-10-jean-grey-wolverine-2-1228811-copy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240521_173533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240521_173628_Chrome.jpg

Seriously, if you're going to be intellectually dishonest like this, at least have the basic decency not to suck at it. Captain Gaslight just lost a paying reader.

Thing is, I don't think many people expected the Summers-Howlett throuple business to ever be acknowledged again once the Krakoan era was over. If Marvel had the spine for that, we'd have left the subtext at the door and had it explicitly acknowledged. And if Brevoort had had the good sense to leave it unacknowledged and leave that question languishing in his inbox, folks would have headcanoned for themselves what happened in the aftermath of Krakoa, we'd have gotten a few gripes and memes, and it would have largely blown over. But by going out of his way to deny it ever happened, Brevoort's just made it A Whole Thing - firstly because fandom is a stubborn, contrary beast, secondly because people will reflexively balk at being talked down to even if they had no prior investment in the topic at hand, and thirdly because a lot of folks are now just going to file this right next to the Claremont, Byrne, and Lobdell subtexts as a case of progressive authorial intent being blocked by skittish higher ups. *slow clap* Well done, sir.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Thing is, I don't think many people expected the Summers-Howlett throuple business to ever be acknowledged again once the Krakoan era was over. If Marvel had the spine for that, we'd have left the subtext at the door and had it explicitly acknowledged. And if Brevoort had had the good sense to leave it unacknowledged and leave that question languishing in his inbox, folks would have headcanoned for themselves what happened in the aftermath of Krakoa, we'd have gotten a few gripes and memes, and it would have largely blown over. But by going out of his way to deny it ever happened, Brevoort's just made it A Whole Thing - firstly because fandom is a stubborn, contrary beast, secondly because people will reflexively balk at being talked down to even if they had no prior investment in the topic at hand, and thirdly because a lot of folks are now just going to file this right next to the Claremont, Byrne, and Lobdell subtexts as a case of progressive authorial intent being blocked by skittish higher ups. *slow clap* Well done, sir.
    Yep, you hit all the nails on the head.

Even as someone with a polyamorous lifestyle, I had few illusions that the arrangement would be carried over after this era ended -- but it was nice and validating to see such a positive, almost mundane depiction in my superhero comics, you know?

For him to now pretend we didn't see what we all know we saw? Which we have right in front of us to reference at any time for the proof of it?

Yeah, eff that guy.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Still can't believe Brevoort didn't go for the 'Psycho Hag told the boys she would murder their children if they ever spoke a word to one another' defense.

I mean, hey, if anyone can come up with a better in-verse excuse, I'm all ears for it.

Extraordinary Member

Expect a lot of technicalities from Brevoort whenever he needs to avoid giving a direct answer. He gets halfway there by admitting Hickman was putting it out there, but he can't give the real answer of it was all supposed to happen in an alternate reality that ended up becoming the main 616 continuity because they bailed on Hickman's original story so now they have to damage control with a lot of stuff. So while Brevoort is 'gaslighting' people or whatever, people are also fooling themselves that this was ever supposed to end up being main 616 canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    He is apparently a subscriber to the "angry fans sell comics" mindset.

And we should always remember, if he actually wanted, he can have on page that they were all clones influenced by Krakoa and have it be the on page canon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Does Brevoort think we're freakin' stupid?

"If it's not on the page, it's not on the stage." Tom, how about you either not insult our intelligence by trying to gaslight us like an abusive domestic partner -- or if you're just uninformed rather than malicious, then read the books you're now responsible for managing:

x-force-10-jean-grey-wolverine-2-1228811-copy.jpg
    Screenshot_20240521_173533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240521_173628_Chrome.jpg

Seriously, if you're going to be intellectually dishonest like this, at least have the basic decency not to suck at it. Captain Gaslight just lost a paying reader.
    there is an entire post on redit too https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen...t=share_button

I will say, if he is putting blinders on that means it wont be retconed it will just not be brought up
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Sometimes it feels like off panel Hope channeling the PF, Wanda, Doc Strange and Galactus all did a ritual with the infinity gems and the incantations was "NO MORE CHARACTER GROWTH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    He is apparently a subscriber to the "angry fans sell comics" mindset.

And we should always remember, if he actually wanted, he can have on page that they were all clones influenced by Krakoa and have it be the on page canon.
    Please, I need that.