Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Ultimate X-Men #6 Solicitations

Ultimate X-Men #6

Written by PEACH MOMOKO
    Art and Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    On Sale August 28, 2024

THE ACTION-PACKED FINALE OF THE FIRST ARC!
    Armor, Maystorm and the rest of the team hunt down the mysterious shadow! But is this group of scrappy teens prepared to face true darkness? And don’t miss the reveal of the final member of the group on the last page!

I bet the final member will be Rogue since she appears in issue 4’s cover and is said to actually be introduced in a later issue.

That's a dope cover.

But it looks like Nori is a bad guy. I would be pissed if she was in limbo in 616.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The next 2 issues are gonna have to do a lot of leg work for this arc ending to not feel entirely rushed. Nico just got introduced at the end of the last issue and the other 2 aren’t even remotely defined as characters yet, they haven’t really had any definitive moves to stopping the shadow man and Surge is gonna be the subject of issue 5. If issue 6 is gonna be the end of the first arc, Momoko is gonna need to speed things up.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The next 2 issues are gonna have to do a lot of leg work for this arc ending to not feel entirely rushed. Nico just got introduced at the end of the last issue and the other 2 aren’t even remotely defined as characters yet, they haven’t really had any definitive moves to stopping the shadow man and Surge is gonna be the subject of issue 5. If issue 6 is gonna be the end of the first arc, Momoko is gonna need to speed things up.
    I feel like Mori and Natsu will likely not get much focus until the next arc, we’ll likely see what their powers are and their introduction, but other than that the story will stay focused on the Shadow King plot. Surge is also going to first appear in issue 4, although we’ll have to wait and see how she’s going to be involved

Came in here to joke that the sixth episode is still them trying to figure out who the shadow boy is.

Astonishing Member

.....when an arc involves a central mystery figure, its actually not uncommon for the reveal of who the mystery figure is to happen in the final issue? And six issue arcs used to be the standard, shortening them to four or five issues is a relatively recent switch. So I'm really not seeing why it would be weird for the reveal of the Shadow's real nature to happen in issue six. I get that this title isn't to everyone's taste and has been fairly polarizing but it really does seem like some people are looking for literally anything to hold against it instead of just being like "I dont care for it, its not for me."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juffuj5 View Post

Ultimate X-Men #6

Written by PEACH MOMOKO
    Art and Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    On Sale August 28, 2024

THE ACTION-PACKED FINALE OF THE FIRST ARC!
    Armor, Maystorm and the rest of the team hunt down the mysterious shadow! But is this group of scrappy teens prepared to face true darkness? And don’t miss the reveal of the final member of the group on the last page!

I bet the final member will be Rogue since she appears in issue 4’s cover and is said to actually be introduced in a later issue.
    Rogue will be Japanese in the new Ultimate Universe?

Is Armor dressed like Yato from Noragami? I guess it's just a biker outfit.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    .....when an arc involves a central mystery figure, its actually not uncommon for the reveal of who the mystery figure is to happen in the final issue? And six issue arcs used to be the standard, shortening them to four or five issues is a relatively recent switch. So I'm really not seeing why it would be weird for the reveal of the Shadow's real nature to happen in issue six. I get that this title isn't to everyone's taste and has been fairly polarizing but it really does seem like some people are looking for literally anything to hold against it instead of just being like "I dont care for it, its not for me."
    Issue 5 solicitations outright say Armor meets the one behind the Shadow King, but given the books take place in real time, I wonder if it’ll take a month to find his base of operations?
    Last edited by juffuj5; 05-20-2024 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    As always you hit the nail completely on the head.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

It's getting more interesting for me. I like the style of slow pacing story and the focus on every characters. Very anime/manga style like One Piece where the main character get to meet the other members and that's how you get the band together. Very refreshing to not think about the already convoluted main X-World. You go, Momoko-chan!
    Peerless and Fearless

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Rogue will be Japanese in the new Ultimate Universe?
    Apparently everyone is. I’m kinda hoping that Momoko introduces some characters of other races and genders once the opening arc is finished because X-Men is pretty well known for its roster being composed of people of various shapes, sizes and nationalities and this roster feels kinda homogeneous being completely composed of Japanese schoolgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Apparently everyone is. I’m kinda hoping that Momoko introduces some characters of other races and genders once the opening arc is finished because X-Men is pretty well known for its roster being composed of people of various shapes, sizes and nationalities and this roster feels kinda homogeneous being completely composed of Japanese schoolgirls.
    bruh seriously, all the characters seem interchangeable but Im starting to think the pacing been a lil sloooow for my tastes. Sailor Moon and the scouts were all hs girls but they kicked Mooninite(?) ass in their own unique way
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    bruh seriously, all the characters seem interchangeable but Im starting to think the pacing been a lil sloooow for my tastes. Sailor Moon and the scouts were all hs girls but they kicked Mooninite(?) ass in their own unique way
    They all have diffrent personalities and powersets , I wasn't a fan originally but its getting better by the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    They all have diffrent personalities and powersets , I wasn't a fan originally but its getting better by the issues.
    Do they, though? Do they really?

Seriously, the X-Men are at their best when multiple characters from various walks of life can come together, fight alongside one another, argue, and still save the day.

But if every X-Men is just a Japanese schoolgirl behaving like Japanese schoolgirls tend to behave in every manga since 1984...where's the appeal?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.